Netflix Orders Black Sheep Thriller From The Creators Of DAMAGES!!
All three creators of FX/DirecTV’s excellent legal drama “Damages” – Todd A. Kessler, Daniel Zelman and Glenn Kessler – are all involved with this new untitled thriller. Netflix (“House of Cards,” “Orange Is The New Black”) just ordered 13 episodes.
… the new series centers on a family of adult siblings whose secrets and scars are revealed when their black sheep brother returns home. …
Let there be incest!
This will be a project worth the watch.
NETFLIX ORDERS PSYCHOLOGICAL THRILLER SERIES FROM “DAMAGES” CREATORS
Original Series from Todd A. Kessler, Daniel Zelman and Glenn Kessler to Premiere Only on Netflix
Beverly Hills, CA – October 14, 2013 - Netflix has ordered a new psychological thriller series from “Damages” creators Todd A. Kessler, Daniel Zelman and Glenn Kessler ("KZK") that centers on a family of adult siblings whose secrets and scars are revealed when their black sheep brother returns home. The 13-episode first season, from Sony Pictures Television, will premiere exclusively for Netflix members to watch instantly in all Netflix territories.
“We were spellbound after hearing Todd, Glenn and Daniel’s pitch, and knew Netflix was the perfect home for this suspenseful family drama that is going to have viewers on the edge of their seats,” said Cindy Holland, vp of original content for Netflix. “Their work on ‘Damages’ was truly ahead of its time and we’re proud to be bringing our viewers this upcoming series.”
"We are absolutely thrilled to be creating an original series for Netflix -- a company committed to cutting-edge storytelling in a vibrant, new space. We're equally excited about our relationship with Sony Pictures TV, which continues to provide us with unwavering creative support. We've always wanted to put our spin on a family saga and examine universal themes of family in a way that has never been seen before on television. The series is a tightly wound thriller that explores the complex bonds between parents and children, brothers and sisters, and the rivalries, jealousies, and betrayals at the core of every family,” said Todd A. Kessler, Daniel Zelman and Glenn Kessler.
"The guys worked so hard to come up with the right idea after the success of Damages," said Jamie Erlicht, president of programming and production for Sony Pictures Television. "It took almost a year to fully develop the pitch and their patience paid off with the incredible reaction in the community, especially at Netflix, the perfect home for this show."
Set to begin production in early 2014, the series explores the wounds and emotional demons that lie at the core of a contemporary American family. Kessler, Zelman and Kessler will serve as executive producers of the one-hour drama that will be produced by Sony Pictures Television for Netflix.
Together, the Emmy® and Golden Globe® nominated Writers/Executive Producers Todd A. Kessler, Daniel Zelman, and Glenn Kessler co-created the award winning legal thriller “Damages.” Todd A. Kessler also wrote and produced the second and third seasons of HBO's “The Sopranos”; Michael Mann's “Robbery Homicide Division,” and the first season of NBC's “Providence." Kessler began his career as a playwright working with David Rabe, and segued into film and television when Spike Lee hired him as a screenwriter. Kessler graduated Magna Cum Laude from Harvard University with a degree in Dramatic Literature and Playwriting, and has twice been a Visiting Artist at Harvard, teaching screenwriting seminars. He has been nominated for seven Emmys® and three Golden Globe Awards®, as well as a Writers Guild of America Award and a Producers Guild Award. Daniel Zelman has co-authored seven screenplays. Zelman's first collaboration with the Kesslers was on “The Inside,” a series the brothers created for FOX. Before turning to writing, Zelman received his master of fine arts degree from New York University's Tisch School of Arts Graduate Acting Program. Zelman went on to appear as an actor in film, television and on-stage in New York, where he acted in many Off- Broadway Plays and on Broadway in Tony Kushner's Angels in America. Zelman has been nominated for three Emmy® Awards, a Golden Globe® award, a Writers Guild of America Award and a Producers Guild Award. Glenn Kessler began his career as a playwright and an actor in film, television, and on stage. He segued into television writing working on Michael Mann's CBS drama Robbery Homicide Division. Since then, Kessler has created dramas for 20th Century Fox, Universal, USA, and Imagine Television. Kessler holds a Master in Fine Arts from New York University's Tisch School of the Arts Graduate Acting Program. He graduated with honors from Harvard University where he earned a degree in English and American Literature. Kessler has been nominated for three Emmy® Awards, a Golden Globe® award as well as a Writers Guild of America Award and a Producers Guild Award.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- There Will Soon Be No More Orci / Kurtzman Movies!?!? + One Of Them Is Pushing To Direct The Third JJVerse STAR TREK Film!! -- 391 total posts 54 posts
- BARBIE. The Movie. -- 151 total posts 21 posts
- UPDATED (21:55): Trailer taken down by IFC! The trailer for BOYHOOD takes us through a decade-plus of the life of young lead actor Ellan Coltrane! -- 27 total posts 19 posts
- They're going to have to look for another MIDNIGHT RIDER, because after that tragedy, William Hurt ain't stickin' around! -- 47 total posts 18 posts
- Tom Hardy (as twins) and Emily Browning to star in Brian Helgeland's gangster flick, LEGEND! -- 25 total posts 16 posts
- The First Official BTS Shots From JURASSIC WORLD Are Here!! -- 82 total posts 14 posts
- "Where do you stand on Michael Buble?" "His windpipe?" Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon have more celebrity impressions up their sleeves in THE TRIP TO ITALY trailer! -- 36 total posts 14 posts
- Robert Downey Jr. seems to be tweeting a picture a day from the set of Avengers: Age of Ultron... -- 112 total posts 11 posts
- Check Out the Trailer for EJECTA - From PONTYPOOL Scribe Tony Burgess! -- 17 total posts 10 posts
- Mowgli to have friends like Scarlett Johansson and Lupita Nyong'o in Jon Favreau's JUNGLE BOOK! -- 44 total posts 8 posts