AICN HORROR EXCLUSIVE: Tyler Mane & Mane Entertainment plan to take us to PENANCE LANE!
Greetings, all. Ambush Bug here. I had a chance to meet Tyler Mane (aka Sabretooth aka Michael Myers) this past weekend while walking the halls of the New York Comic Con. Little did I know, a few short hours later I’d be getting this press release exclusive letting me know that Mane Entertainment (a production company founded by Mane himself) would be releasing a film called PENANCE LANE in the first quarter of 2014. Here’s the official release;
Tyler Mane and Mane Entertainment today announced that horror flick PENANCE LANE will be the production company’s second original feature film project. Filming is set to begin in the first quarter of 2014. Horror veteran and fan-favorite B.J. McDonnell (HATCHET III) will direct the script written by Munier Sharrieff (BATTLE CHASERS, BATTLE OF THE PLANETS). Mane (HALLOWEEN, XMEN, TROY), Renae Geerlings (HALLOWEEN II, COMPOUND FRACTURE) and Justin Beahm (Fangoria.com) will produce. Casting for the film is currently underway.
PENANCE LANE is an action-packed horror film that tells the harrowing story of Crimson Matthews, a hardened criminal fresh out of the joint who takes a job as a handyman in a dilapidated house; but the twisted horrors he finds inside are enough to send anyone running. So why does he stay? And what is it about the house on Penance Lane that lures so many in? Set in a former factory town in decline, the film explores both second chances and what people will resort to when they are truly desperate. “We’ve had this incredible script for a while, but we were waiting for just the right moment and combination of talent to bring it from script to screen,” says Mane. “I’m ecstatic that the stars have finally aligned for me to bring together some of my favorite people in the horror industry to make this film. When B.J. signed on, I knew the time was right.”
B.J. McDonnell, who previously worked with Mane on HALLOWEEN and DEVIL’S REJECTS says, “I was excited to get the call to direct Tyler’s next feature. The team we're putting together is top notch and the vision is dark and gritty. PENANCE LANE is going to be a wild ride!”
Fangoria’s Justin Beahm says, “Mane Entertainment unites cutting edge contemporary filmmaking with old school story-telling. PENANCE LANE blends the brutality fans love from Tyler with the great story of a man's resurrection and struggle with a bizarre breed of evil. I am proud to be part of this project, and I can't wait for audiences to see what we have in store for them on PENANCE LANE!”
Find out more about Mane Entertainment on its Facebook page here! And keep checking here and on the PENANCE LANE website for more info on the film as it develops!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Jason Momoa to potentially play Doomsday in the upcoming BATMAN/SUPERMAN film!?!? -- 166 total posts 166 posts
- The Trailer For The Wachowskis' JUPITER ASCENDING! -- 183 total posts 62 posts
- A sequel to JACK REACHER is on the way! -- 113 total posts 54 posts
- Nordling Recaps BNAT 15! -- 147 total posts 33 posts
- The Next STAR TREK!! Variety Says ATTACK THE BLOCK’s Joe Cornish Is Not Directing And Alex Kurtzman Is Not Writing!! -- 338 total posts 22 posts
- Peter Berg Says No New FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS Movie -- 133 total posts 15 posts
- Images From Matt Smith's Final DOCTOR WHO Episode - 'The Time of the Doctor'!! -- 73 total posts 13 posts
- Some Cool Images Preview The Upcoming Trailer From Tom Cruise's EDGE OF TOMORROW!! -- 158 total posts 10 posts
- Big SPOILERS for X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST and APOCALYPSE as new rumors suggest a familiar face will be playing the role of APOCALYPSE!! -- 507 total posts 9 posts
- And The Apparent Title Of The Next TERMINATOR Movie Is... -- 359 total posts 8 posts