‘I Hope We Answer Your Three Questions To Your Satisfaction!!’ Herc Says Tonight’s WALKING DEAD Premiere Launches Its Fourth Season Brilliantly!!
The Walking Dead 4.1 FAQ
What’s it called?
“30 Days Without An Accident.”
Teleplay is credited to new showrunner Scott M. Gimple.
What says AMC?
“Rick and the group are as close to an ideal life as possible at the prison. Will they be able to hold on to humanity in the face of a new evil?”
It’s certainly new and it’s certainly not a force for good, but I’m not certain I’d be throwing around the word “evil.”
Is The Governor lurking about?
Not this week.
How does it start?
With pretty flowers and Rick working a hoe.
What’s doing with the title sequence?
Sarah Wayne Callies and David Morrissey are gone but Scott Wilson finally made it in. Those in the press kit -- but not in the title sequence -- include Emily Kinney (Beth), Chad Coleman (Tyreese), Sonequa Martin-Green (Sasha) and Morrissey (The Governor).
The big news?
Time has passed and the prison population has swollen since we last saw it. Brace for familiar characters in unfamiliar relationships.
What else is AMC not telling us?
Newcomers to the cast include Kyle Gallner (beefier than during his “Veronica Mars” days), Lawrence Gilliard Jr. (D Barksdale from “The Wire”), and the fabulous Kerry Condon (who cavorted nakedly as Octavia on “Rome”).
The big changes generally, including Rick’s new strategy regarding newcomers. Violet. The prison’s Reaper Corps and its Woodbury component. The little girls. Guessing what Daryl did “before the turn.” Daryl’s boot. The reminder that Atlanta was once a major airline hub. “You call them walkers.” The fine wine and the red rain. “I hope we answer your three questions to your satisfaction.” “I don’t cry anymore, Daryl.” “I’m glad I didn’t say goodbye.”
What’s not so good?
You will not want to wait a week to see next week’s terrific episode.
How does it end, spoiler-boy?
“You get to come back. You do.”
9 p.m. Sunday. AMC.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Chats Up BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER / ED WOOD Icon (And Hollywood Royalty) Juliet Landau!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 10pm PT / Sunday 1am ET!! -- 356 total posts 329 posts
- ‘He’s Worse Than Anybody!!’ Sunday Brings HBO’s Season Finale Of TRUE DETECTIVE!! -- 107 total posts 107 posts
- Harry shares Day 1 of SXSW which stars Jon Favreau's utterly delicious CHEF!!! -- 210 total posts 81 posts
- ‘We Got Six Bullets!!’ Sunday Brings WALKING DEAD 4.13!! -- 57 total posts 57 posts
- Darker ZORRO Reboot Finds its Writer! -- 297 total posts 44 posts
- TERMINATOR: GENESIS to be a sequel, reboot, and prequel all at the same time!?! -- 490 total posts 36 posts
- Hercules Says RESURRECTION Is Easily The Best Broadcast Pilot Of The 2013-14 Season And ABC’s Best Pilot In Years!! -- 36 total posts 36 posts
- Nordling's Day One Of SXSW 2014 - THE DESERT And PREMATURE! -- 26 total posts 19 posts
- Quint eats up Jon Favreau's CHEF, opening night flick of SXSW 2014! -- 44 total posts 16 posts
- Fox Renews For Next Season THE MINDY PROJECT, THE FOLLOWING, BROOKLYN NINE-NINE And NEW GIRL!! -- 68 total posts 14 posts