Here's to DEVIL'S NIGHT, my new favorite holiday, especially when it re-teams Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly!
Papa Vinyard here, now here's a little somethin' for ya...
When John C. Reilly first joined Will Ferrell on TALLADEGA NIGHTS: THE BALLAD OF RICKY BOBBY, I doubt anyone knew that their partnership would define the next chapter of the P.T.A. favorite's career. But not only did that movie define him as a serious comic talent, one that would anchor his own vehicles like WALK HARD, THE PROMOTION, and CYRUS (not to mention the Steve Brule character, who got his own series with CHECK IT OUT! WITH DR. STEVE BRULE), but it established that the two together had a certain madcap chemistry that they carried over into STEP BROTHERS, TIM AND ERIC'S BILLION DOLLAR MOVIE, and, if rumors are true, ANCHORMAN 2: THE LEGEND CONTINUES. Now, according to The Wrap, the two have been linked to an upcoming comedy called DEVIL'S NIGHT, which, once again, pairs them off as best friends, this time in a Halloween-centric plot.
The two will play Leonard and Gabe, who, as kids (and presumably in or around Detroit), started the titular tradition of firing shit up on the night before All Hallows' Eve. Now that they're middle-aged men, they have to put the kibosh on the yearly festivities when the overly rowdy local kids threaten to burn their whole neighborhood down. Sounds a little like THE WATCH meets HALLOWEEN III: SEASON OF THE WITCH…or is that a reach?
YES MAN writers Jarrad Paul and Andrew Mogel wrote the current draft of the film, which I'd expect will get a once-over from Ferrell and maybe even Reilly (who had a screenplay credit on STEP BROTHERS). No word on who will direct, but I wouldn't be surprised if the boys brought in their buddy Adam McKay just to cover their bases. Why ruin a good thing?
I'd watch these two read nursery rhymes on a blank set, so just his little bit that we know so far has gotten my inner T-Bird fired up like crazy. STEP BROTHERS remains my favorite of either star's comedy output, and I wasn't expecting great things from it, so I like the idea of them trying to top themselves again. Let's just hope this is more like THE ODD COUPLE or THE FRONT PAGE than THE ODD COUPLE II or OUT TO SEA.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 91 total posts 91 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 126 total posts 49 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 526 total posts 29 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 280 total posts 24 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 38 total posts 15 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 32 total posts 14 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 138 total posts 9 posts
- This Week's Saturday Shorts: Parkour, Compliments, and Getting Pooped on! -- 14 total posts 8 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 336 total posts 7 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 233 total posts 7 posts