Emma Watson to Reteam with THE PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER Director for WHILE WE'RE YOUNG!
Hey guys! Horrorella here...
Deadline reports that Emma Watson will be reteaming with THE PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER writer/director Stephen Chbosky in the upcoming film, WHILE WE'RE YOUNG.
The film will be an adaptation of Adena Halpern’s book 29, which follows a 75-year-old woman who seems to have more in common with her 29-year-old granddaughter than with her 55-year-old daughter. On her birthday, the woman is granted a wish, and gets to be 29 again - for one day.
Chbosky adapted his own novel for THE PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER, but on this project, writing duties will be taken up by Michael H. Weber and Scott Neustadter (500 DAYS OF SUMMER).
THE PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER was one of those films that I found myself enjoying much more than I ever expected to, and that enjoyment has grown with each subsequent viewing. Chbosky told a story about coming into adulthood and yourself in a surprisingly mature and emotional manner. And it offered Watson a terrific role, which she stepped into gracefully. So while the plot of 29 sounds a tad on the cutesy side, I'm interested to see what they do with it.
Here's the novel's plot synopsis, from Amazon:
Ellie Jerome is a young-at-heart seventy-five-year-old who feels she has more in common with her twenty-nine-year-old granddaughter, Lucy, than her fifty-five-year-old daughter, Barbara. Ellie’s done everything she can to stay young, and the last thing she wants is to celebrate another birthday. So when she finds herself confronted with a cake full of candles, Ellie wishes more than anything that she could be twenty-nine again, just for one day. But who expects a wish like that to come true?
29 is the story of three generations of women and how one magical day shakes up everything they know about each other. While Ellie finds that the life of a twenty-something is not as carefree as she expected, the sheer joy of being young again prompts her to consider living her life all over. Does she dare stay young for more than this day, even if it means leaving everyone she loves behind?
Follow me on Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Capone loved the pure joy of discovering the GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY!!! -- 381 total posts 380 posts
- Trailer for MUDBLOODS - Documentary About Real Life Muggle Quidditch Players! -- 233 total posts 137 posts
- International BIRDMAN Trailer Is Here!!! -- 174 total posts 46 posts
- Alex Kurtzman (as in Kurtzman and Orci) to direct the MUMMY reboot...yay?!! -- 298 total posts 36 posts
- Will Ferrell to play Russ Meyer in RUSS & ROGER GO BEYOND! -- 29 total posts 29 posts
- New Trailer For Christopher Nolan's INTERSTELLAR Is Here! Let's Light This Candle! -- 458 total posts 29 posts
- Jeremy Talks GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, ANT-MAN And Comic Con With Kevin Feige! -- 310 total posts 23 posts
- Disney Taking The Ol' Bait-And-Switch Route With Teaser For INTO THE WOODS! -- 117 total posts 21 posts
- Rest In Peace Makeup Legend Dick Smith -- 118 total posts 21 posts
- 5th Week of July 2014's PICKS & PEEKS: LYNCH - HERZOG - JAA - ARONOFSKY - KASDAN - WOODSTOCK!!! -- 358 total posts 19 posts