Emma Watson to Reteam with THE PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER Director for WHILE WE'RE YOUNG!
Hey guys! Horrorella here...
Deadline reports that Emma Watson will be reteaming with THE PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER writer/director Stephen Chbosky in the upcoming film, WHILE WE'RE YOUNG.
The film will be an adaptation of Adena Halpern’s book 29, which follows a 75-year-old woman who seems to have more in common with her 29-year-old granddaughter than with her 55-year-old daughter. On her birthday, the woman is granted a wish, and gets to be 29 again - for one day.
Chbosky adapted his own novel for THE PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER, but on this project, writing duties will be taken up by Michael H. Weber and Scott Neustadter (500 DAYS OF SUMMER).
THE PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER was one of those films that I found myself enjoying much more than I ever expected to, and that enjoyment has grown with each subsequent viewing. Chbosky told a story about coming into adulthood and yourself in a surprisingly mature and emotional manner. And it offered Watson a terrific role, which she stepped into gracefully. So while the plot of 29 sounds a tad on the cutesy side, I'm interested to see what they do with it.
Here's the novel's plot synopsis, from Amazon:
Ellie Jerome is a young-at-heart seventy-five-year-old who feels she has more in common with her twenty-nine-year-old granddaughter, Lucy, than her fifty-five-year-old daughter, Barbara. Ellie’s done everything she can to stay young, and the last thing she wants is to celebrate another birthday. So when she finds herself confronted with a cake full of candles, Ellie wishes more than anything that she could be twenty-nine again, just for one day. But who expects a wish like that to come true?
29 is the story of three generations of women and how one magical day shakes up everything they know about each other. While Ellie finds that the life of a twenty-something is not as carefree as she expected, the sheer joy of being young again prompts her to consider living her life all over. Does she dare stay young for more than this day, even if it means leaving everyone she loves behind?
Follow me on Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- ‘He’s Worse Than Anybody!!’ Sunday Brings HBO’s Season Finale Of TRUE DETECTIVE!! -- 294 total posts 158 posts
- ‘We Got Six Bullets!!’ Sunday Brings WALKING DEAD 4.13!! -- 141 total posts 63 posts
- A New Poster Of Angelina Jolie As MALEFICENT!! -- 60 total posts 60 posts
- Harry shares Day 1 of SXSW which stars Jon Favreau's utterly delicious CHEF!!! -- 270 total posts 55 posts
- Hercules Says RESURRECTION Is Easily The Best Broadcast Pilot Of The 2013-14 Season And ABC’s Best Pilot In Years!! -- 61 total posts 23 posts
- New BATES, BONES, BEAST, BRAIN, BEING, BELIEVE, BITTEN!! BACHELOR & BEAST Finales!! MOTHER, MOLLY, MORTY, MAYNE, KILL, VOICE, DALLAS, SWITCHED, FOSTERS, ROADSHOW, INTELLIGENCE, STARCROSSED, FOLLOWING, WOLF, RAW, & LOST GIRL!! The Return Of THE PEOPLE’S COUCH!! Emily Mortimer On CRAIG!! Herc’s Monday TV Talkback!! -- 19 total posts 19 posts
- 'We Mustn’t Disappoint Father!!' Check Out The Size Of Dany’s Dragons In The Latest Trailer For GAME OF THRONES Season Four!! -- 15 total posts 15 posts
- Papa Vinyard's Oscar Sunday: MANHATTAN MELODRAMA (1934) -- 14 total posts 14 posts
- Darker ZORRO Reboot Finds its Writer! -- 315 total posts 14 posts
- Quint thinks Nick Stoller's NEIGHBORS is heartfelt, hysterical and all kinds of messed up! SXSW 2014! -- 10 total posts 10 posts