Emma Watson to Reteam with THE PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER Director for WHILE WE'RE YOUNG!
Hey guys! Horrorella here...
Deadline reports that Emma Watson will be reteaming with THE PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER writer/director Stephen Chbosky in the upcoming film, WHILE WE'RE YOUNG.
The film will be an adaptation of Adena Halpern’s book 29, which follows a 75-year-old woman who seems to have more in common with her 29-year-old granddaughter than with her 55-year-old daughter. On her birthday, the woman is granted a wish, and gets to be 29 again - for one day.
Chbosky adapted his own novel for THE PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER, but on this project, writing duties will be taken up by Michael H. Weber and Scott Neustadter (500 DAYS OF SUMMER).
THE PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER was one of those films that I found myself enjoying much more than I ever expected to, and that enjoyment has grown with each subsequent viewing. Chbosky told a story about coming into adulthood and yourself in a surprisingly mature and emotional manner. And it offered Watson a terrific role, which she stepped into gracefully. So while the plot of 29 sounds a tad on the cutesy side, I'm interested to see what they do with it.
Here's the novel's plot synopsis, from Amazon:
Ellie Jerome is a young-at-heart seventy-five-year-old who feels she has more in common with her twenty-nine-year-old granddaughter, Lucy, than her fifty-five-year-old daughter, Barbara. Ellie’s done everything she can to stay young, and the last thing she wants is to celebrate another birthday. So when she finds herself confronted with a cake full of candles, Ellie wishes more than anything that she could be twenty-nine again, just for one day. But who expects a wish like that to come true?
29 is the story of three generations of women and how one magical day shakes up everything they know about each other. While Ellie finds that the life of a twenty-something is not as carefree as she expected, the sheer joy of being young again prompts her to consider living her life all over. Does she dare stay young for more than this day, even if it means leaving everyone she loves behind?
Follow me on Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- BARBIE. The Movie. -- 148 total posts 18 posts
- There Will Soon Be No More Orci / Kurtzman Movies!?!? + One Of Them Is Pushing To Direct The Third JJVerse STAR TREK Film!! -- 352 total posts 15 posts
- The First Official BTS Shots From JURASSIC WORLD Are Here!! -- 82 total posts 14 posts
- They're going to have to look for another MIDNIGHT RIDER, because after that tragedy, William Hurt ain't stickin' around! -- 42 total posts 13 posts
- UPDATED (21:55): Trailer taken down by IFC! The trailer for BOYHOOD takes us through a decade-plus of the life of young lead actor Ellan Coltrane! -- 20 total posts 12 posts
- Tom Hardy (as twins) and Emily Browning to star in Brian Helgeland's gangster flick, LEGEND! -- 19 total posts 10 posts
- Robert Downey Jr. seems to be tweeting a picture a day from the set of Avengers: Age of Ultron... -- 111 total posts 10 posts
- "Where do you stand on Michael Buble?" "His windpipe?" Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon have more celebrity impressions up their sleeves in THE TRIP TO ITALY trailer! -- 30 total posts 8 posts
- Director Colin Trevorrow Talks The Bigger Picture Of JURASSIC WORLD!! -- 71 total posts 7 posts
- Check Out the Trailer for EJECTA - From PONTYPOOL Scribe Tony Burgess! -- 13 total posts 6 posts