Emma Watson to Reteam with THE PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER Director for WHILE WE'RE YOUNG!
Hey guys! Horrorella here...
Deadline reports that Emma Watson will be reteaming with THE PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER writer/director Stephen Chbosky in the upcoming film, WHILE WE'RE YOUNG.
The film will be an adaptation of Adena Halpern’s book 29, which follows a 75-year-old woman who seems to have more in common with her 29-year-old granddaughter than with her 55-year-old daughter. On her birthday, the woman is granted a wish, and gets to be 29 again - for one day.
Chbosky adapted his own novel for THE PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER, but on this project, writing duties will be taken up by Michael H. Weber and Scott Neustadter (500 DAYS OF SUMMER).
THE PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER was one of those films that I found myself enjoying much more than I ever expected to, and that enjoyment has grown with each subsequent viewing. Chbosky told a story about coming into adulthood and yourself in a surprisingly mature and emotional manner. And it offered Watson a terrific role, which she stepped into gracefully. So while the plot of 29 sounds a tad on the cutesy side, I'm interested to see what they do with it.
Here's the novel's plot synopsis, from Amazon:
Ellie Jerome is a young-at-heart seventy-five-year-old who feels she has more in common with her twenty-nine-year-old granddaughter, Lucy, than her fifty-five-year-old daughter, Barbara. Ellie’s done everything she can to stay young, and the last thing she wants is to celebrate another birthday. So when she finds herself confronted with a cake full of candles, Ellie wishes more than anything that she could be twenty-nine again, just for one day. But who expects a wish like that to come true?
29 is the story of three generations of women and how one magical day shakes up everything they know about each other. While Ellie finds that the life of a twenty-something is not as carefree as she expected, the sheer joy of being young again prompts her to consider living her life all over. Does she dare stay young for more than this day, even if it means leaving everyone she loves behind?
Follow me on Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 335 total posts 335 posts
- Robin Williams May Return As Mrs. Doubtfire! -- 212 total posts 163 posts
- Nordling Reviews TRANSCENDENCE! -- 143 total posts 143 posts
- Who wants to see one of GODZILLA's opponents from the new film!?! (In toy form) -- 298 total posts 138 posts
- Set photos from the set of STAR WARS EPISODE VII in Abu Dhabi?! What's that big round disc they're rolling around?? -- 267 total posts 108 posts
- The first trailer for Clint Eastwood's JERSEY BOYS is here! -- 67 total posts 67 posts
- Denzel Washington Walks In The Middle Of The Street In THE EQUALIZER Teaser Poster! -- 92 total posts 62 posts
- There's some cross-promotion going on in the credits of AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2, and it's not hinting at what you think! -- 102 total posts 57 posts
- Here’s A Poster And Trailer For THE ROVER - Guy Pearce In A Post Apocalyptic Hell Down Under!! -- 47 total posts 47 posts
- Re-Revised X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST Casting Re-Adds A Mutant!! -- 163 total posts 44 posts