Emma Watson to Reteam with THE PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER Director for WHILE WE'RE YOUNG!
Hey guys! Horrorella here...
Deadline reports that Emma Watson will be reteaming with THE PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER writer/director Stephen Chbosky in the upcoming film, WHILE WE'RE YOUNG.
The film will be an adaptation of Adena Halpern’s book 29, which follows a 75-year-old woman who seems to have more in common with her 29-year-old granddaughter than with her 55-year-old daughter. On her birthday, the woman is granted a wish, and gets to be 29 again - for one day.
Chbosky adapted his own novel for THE PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER, but on this project, writing duties will be taken up by Michael H. Weber and Scott Neustadter (500 DAYS OF SUMMER).
THE PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER was one of those films that I found myself enjoying much more than I ever expected to, and that enjoyment has grown with each subsequent viewing. Chbosky told a story about coming into adulthood and yourself in a surprisingly mature and emotional manner. And it offered Watson a terrific role, which she stepped into gracefully. So while the plot of 29 sounds a tad on the cutesy side, I'm interested to see what they do with it.
Here's the novel's plot synopsis, from Amazon:
Ellie Jerome is a young-at-heart seventy-five-year-old who feels she has more in common with her twenty-nine-year-old granddaughter, Lucy, than her fifty-five-year-old daughter, Barbara. Ellie’s done everything she can to stay young, and the last thing she wants is to celebrate another birthday. So when she finds herself confronted with a cake full of candles, Ellie wishes more than anything that she could be twenty-nine again, just for one day. But who expects a wish like that to come true?
29 is the story of three generations of women and how one magical day shakes up everything they know about each other. While Ellie finds that the life of a twenty-something is not as carefree as she expected, the sheer joy of being young again prompts her to consider living her life all over. Does she dare stay young for more than this day, even if it means leaving everyone she loves behind?
Follow me on Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of Adam McKay’s ANCHORMAN 2 And Spike Jonze’s HER!! Plus The Return Of KNBC Movie Critic Sasha Perl-Raver!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 10pm PT / Sunday 1am ET!! -- 517 total posts 295 posts
- Is There A Snowball's Chance In Hell A&E Will Cancel DUCK DYNASTY, Cable's Biggest Reality Series, Because One Of Its Stars Called Homosexuality A Sin?? -- 747 total posts 40 posts
- X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST has lost a mutant! -- 333 total posts 6 posts
- We have an exclusive test screening review of Seth MacFarlane's next film, A MILLION WAYS TO DIE IN THE WEST! -- 78 total posts 5 posts
- THE EXPENDABLES 3 Teaser Evokes...BRIDGE ON THE RIVER KWAI!?!? -- 248 total posts 4 posts
- We now have the first full trailer for TRANSCENDENCE and it is insane!! -- 197 total posts 4 posts
- In the AGE OF ULTRON, Earth's Mightiest Heroes may also have to contend with Baron Von Strucker! -- 108 total posts 2 posts
- Capone loves the decadence, energy and scam artistry of David O. Russell's AMERICAN HUSTLE!!! -- 66 total posts 2 posts
- Jimmy Fallon Hosts The Last SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE Of 2013!! Herc’s Saturday TV Talkback!! -- 12 total posts 2 posts
- Aaron Paul. Car. Chopper. Explosion. NEED FOR SPEED poster! -- 53 total posts 1 post