Disney Hires SNOW WHITE AND THE HUNTSMAN Writer for MALEFICIENT Re-Shoots!
Hey guys! Horrorella here...
It looks like work on the MALEFICIENT set isn't over quite yet. THR is reporting that Disney has hired writer/director John Lee Hancock to come write a few new scenes for the fairytale retelling, and to be present on set as they are shot. When asked if Hancock would be directing the new additions himself, producer Joe Roth stated, "He's not directing. He wrote pages and I hired a first-time director and it's good to have him on set." So it sounds as though Hancock's presence on set, while unusual, will be in something of advisory or consulting capacity.
The first-time director in question is Robert Stromberg, who is making his directorial debut after serving as production designer for ALICE IN WONDERLAND and AVATAR (and winning Oscars for both), as well as working in visual effects on a number of other films. Hancock wrote and directed THE BLIND SIDE, and wrote the script for SNOW WHITE AND THE HUNTSMAN.
Apparently, the scenes in question are related to the opening of the film, which will be re-shot over 8 days. Angelina Jolie (who is starring in the titular role) will not be involved in the re-shoot, so it seems the scenes will not incorporate Maleficient herself.
It doesn't sound as though the re-shoot will impact the film's scheduled March 14th release date. MALEFICIENT costars Elle Fanning, Imelda Staunton, Miranda Richardson and Juno Temple.
Follow me on Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Two New AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Comic-Con Posters Reveal… -- 262 total posts 262 posts
- UPDATED! Has Marvel's DOCTOR STRANGE Casting Search Gone To Phoenix? -- 152 total posts 152 posts
- SDCC '14: Another snap of Batfleck from BATMAN V SUPERMAN! -- 358 total posts 131 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint has seen the new Interstellar trailer! Plus The Rock and Spongebob stuff! -- 117 total posts 117 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint talks about the surprisingly good 5-ish minutes of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles shown at the Con! -- 114 total posts 114 posts
- Mark Hamill referred to his beard for STAR WARS: EPISODE VII as "contractually-obligated"!! Does that confirm what we've been hearing?? -- 287 total posts 103 posts
- FIFTY SHADES OF GREY Trailer Is Like Daaaaayuuuuuuum! -- 319 total posts 73 posts
- "This is a classic alternate reality situation...like FRINGE!" Get wet with the red-band trailer for HOT TUB TIME MACHINE 2! -- 118 total posts 65 posts
- Sam Raimi Producing THE LAST OF US Movie! Maisie Williams In Talk To Play Ellie! -- 46 total posts 46 posts
- Footage of discarded concept art, interviews with Tim Burton and Kevin Smith, and Nicolas Cage in flight in this trailer for THE DEATH OF SUPERMAN LIVES! -- 39 total posts 39 posts