The Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day is your boyfriend now, Nancy.
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scenes Pic!
I absolutely love this picture, showing off not only the early days of one of the most iconic horror figures of my childhood, but also the inventiveness of one Mr. Wes Craven's vision for a nightmare reality. A Nightmare on Elm Street has a fucked up tone that was driven by the fantasy-like dream powers of its big threat, then referred to as Fred Krueger.
Today's picture shows off one of those big moments. When poor Tina gets hers, she's dragged all around the room, up the walls and across the ceiling as her hapless boyfriend watches in horror. Most of you guys are pretty cinema savvy, so you probably know that they had a spinning room for this trick. All you got to do is lock down the camera, glue all the furniture in place and pray nothing goes wrong and viola, you have what appears to be a person defying the laws of gravity. Lionel Richie used this very same effect for his famous Dancing on the Ceiling music video and more recently Christopher Nolan did this on a bigger scale in Inception.
The photo shows Robert Englund in his full makeup walking on the wall as Wes Craven looks on. If my memory of this scene is right, Freddy doesn't actually appear here except for a brief shot of him under the covers with Tina, so I'm not sure why this shot exists other than him checking out the setup. That's enough for me, though. It's super rad and how could I possibly have a Halloween run of BTS images and not include Mr. Krueger?
Thanks to William Forsche and the Practical Effects Group for the image. Enjoy!
If you have a behind the scenes shot you’d like to submit to this column, you can email me at email@example.com.
Tomorrow’s behind the scenes pic is dead... or maybe just buried, I can't remember which.
I've got a lot of maintenance work to do on the previous BTS articles, but you can visit two pages worth of images (beware of some broken links thanks to the last server shift): Click here for Page One and Click here for Page Two!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Matthew McConaughey as Randall Flag in THE STAND?!! -- 178 total posts 50 posts
- Take A ‘Deep Breath’ - The DOCTOR WHO S8 Weekend Docbacks Begin Now!! -- 127 total posts 18 posts
- ‘Kelvington’ Reviews This Weekend’s Season Premiere Of DOCTOR WHO And Asks: Why Is It So Terrible?? -- 175 total posts 10 posts
- Get A Grip On Denzel Washington’s EQUALIZER!! -- 118 total posts 8 posts
- Quint sits down with Frank Miller to talk a little about Sin City: A Dame To Kill For! -- 163 total posts 4 posts
- An Andrew Dominik-written, Justin Lin-directed SHAOLIN TEMPLE remake is in the works! -- 26 total posts 3 posts
- AICN Tabletop: Abstruse Reports On GenCon 2014! -- 14 total posts 2 posts
- Creepy Dolls and Satanic Cults! Full ANNABELLE Trailer is Here! -- 99 total posts 2 posts
- BIG BROTHER Eviction Nine!! RECTIFY & ROOKIE BLUE Finales!! New GARFUNKLE, JESUS, NAKED, QUEST, WORST, MARRIED, MYTHBUSTERS, RUSH, RECTIFY, DOOMSDAY, DEFIANCE, SWEDEN, SATISFACTION, ENGELS, GAME, BOO BOO, BAD, BIBLE!! Bunnymen On LETTERMAN!! Rehearsals On CONAN!! Herc’s Thursday TV Talkback!! -- 18 total posts 2 posts
- Is Tarantino about to make Jennifer Lawrence one of THE HATEFUL EIGHT!?! -- 163 total posts 2 posts