THE WOLF OF WALL STREET Could Still be Released This Year!
Hey guys! Horrorella here...
An unfortunate rumor was circulating a few weeks ago. According to Showbiz 411, Martin Scorsese's tale of money, greed and excess, THE WOLF OF WALL STREET, was having difficulties in the editing stage, and likely would not be ready in time for its November 15th release date. The assumption had been that, should the film not be finished in time, Paramount would aim for an early 2014 release instead.
Now, Showbix 411 is reporting that Scorsese and editor Thelma Schoonmaker are busting ass to get the film down to a manageable run time by November 25th, in order to give the film a Christmas release. November 25th represents the last day that Scorsese can be working on the film, as he is committed to being a judge at the Marrakesh Film Festival. And if they can get the film in the can by November 25th, it will still give Paramount a month to market the film before the December 25th release.
Additionally, it would mean that the film could still be part of this year's Oscar race, which is already shaping up to be pretty contentious.
So all might not be lost - we may still get the opportunity to see this film this year. Fingers crossed!
Follow me on Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Capone loved the pure joy of discovering the GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY!!! -- 467 total posts 7 posts
- EXCLUSIVE: Who's the voice of that stunning stinger character after the credits of GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY? -- 83 total posts 7 posts
- ‘Here, Baby Baby!!’ WALKING DEAD Walking Schmed!! Syfy Releases Promo For Z NATION!! -- 18 total posts 1 post
- Capone has details on and the full line-up for a new Chicago-area horror film festival presented by Mr. Bruce Campbell!!! -- 22 total posts 1 post
- Alex Kurtzman (as in Kurtzman and Orci) to direct the MUMMY reboot...yay?!! -- 299 total posts 1 post