THE WOLF OF WALL STREET Could Still be Released This Year!
Hey guys! Horrorella here...
An unfortunate rumor was circulating a few weeks ago. According to Showbiz 411, Martin Scorsese's tale of money, greed and excess, THE WOLF OF WALL STREET, was having difficulties in the editing stage, and likely would not be ready in time for its November 15th release date. The assumption had been that, should the film not be finished in time, Paramount would aim for an early 2014 release instead.
Now, Showbix 411 is reporting that Scorsese and editor Thelma Schoonmaker are busting ass to get the film down to a manageable run time by November 25th, in order to give the film a Christmas release. November 25th represents the last day that Scorsese can be working on the film, as he is committed to being a judge at the Marrakesh Film Festival. And if they can get the film in the can by November 25th, it will still give Paramount a month to market the film before the December 25th release.
Additionally, it would mean that the film could still be part of this year's Oscar race, which is already shaping up to be pretty contentious.
So all might not be lost - we may still get the opportunity to see this film this year. Fingers crossed!
Follow me on Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- ‘He’s Worse Than Anybody!!’ Sunday Brings HBO’s Season Finale Of TRUE DETECTIVE!! -- 307 total posts 171 posts
- A New Poster Of Angelina Jolie As MALEFICENT!! -- 109 total posts 109 posts
- ‘We Got Six Bullets!!’ Sunday Brings WALKING DEAD 4.13!! -- 159 total posts 81 posts
- Harry shares Day 1 of SXSW which stars Jon Favreau's utterly delicious CHEF!!! -- 291 total posts 77 posts
- Hercules Says RESURRECTION Is Easily The Best Broadcast Pilot Of The 2013-14 Season And ABC’s Best Pilot In Years!! -- 83 total posts 45 posts
- Quint checks out Aussie drug thriller THE MULE starring Hugo Weaving at SXSW 2014! -- 20 total posts 20 posts
- New BATES, BONES, BEAST, BRAIN, BEING, BELIEVE, BITTEN!! BACHELOR & BEAST Finales!! MOTHER, MOLLY, MORTY, MAYNE, KILL, VOICE, DALLAS, SWITCHED, FOSTERS, ROADSHOW, INTELLIGENCE, STARCROSSED, FOLLOWING, WOLF, RAW, & LOST GIRL!! The Return Of THE PEOPLE’S COUCH!! Emily Mortimer On CRAIG!! Herc’s Monday TV Talkback!! -- 20 total posts 20 posts
- 'We Mustn’t Disappoint Father!!' Check Out The Size Of Dany’s Dragons In The Latest Trailer For GAME OF THRONES Season Four!! -- 19 total posts 19 posts
2010-2014 -- 18 total posts 18 posts
- Meet your new FANTASTIC FOUR!! -- 1649 total posts 17 posts