Hammer Returns To The Bigscreen With THE DAYLIGHT GATE!!
The legendary Hammer, which recently brought us the rather dour but generally excellent WOMAN IN BLACK, is heading back to the bigscreen with THE DAYLIGHT GATE.
This’ll be adapted from Jeanette Winterson’s novella of the same name. The tale,
...set in 17th Century England during the reign of James I, is centered on the notorious 1612 Pendle witch trials, during which a dozen people were charged with the murders of 10 people by the use of witchcraft. That paranoia crossed the ocean with the Pilgrims and set the scene for the Salem witch hunt in the 1690s.
...per THIS piece in Variety.
One of my ancestors was a judge in the Salem With Trials, so this project...obviously...holds very great interest to me.
Hammer's also at work on ANGEL OF DEATH, a World War II era sequel to the aforementioned WOMAN IN BLACK.
- Google +
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Matthew McConaughey as Randall Flag in THE STAND?!! -- 119 total posts 119 posts
- Get A Grip On Denzel Washington’s EQUALIZER!! -- 109 total posts 109 posts
- Take A ‘Deep Breath’ - The DOCTOR WHO S8 Weekend Docbacks Begin Now!! -- 103 total posts 103 posts
- Is Tarantino about to make Jennifer Lawrence one of THE HATEFUL EIGHT!?! -- 160 total posts 82 posts
- Trailer for NIGHTCRAWLER! "If it bleeds, it leads!" -- 87 total posts 43 posts