HANNA with a lightsaber!?! Saoirse Ronan has auditioned for STAR WARS: EPISODE VII!!!
Hey Yo, Draven here.
This is a bit of an update on how the casting for STAR WARS: EPISODE VII is going. With production getting set to start in January on the most anticipated film project currently in development, casting rumors are at a fever pitch. Well we finally have some confirmation on at least one actor who is in consideration for a role, as Saoirse Ronan (ATONEMENT, HANNA, THE HOST) has confirmed that she auditioned. She was on the Empire Podcast where she said:
“Yeah, I did [audition for Star Wars Episode VII]… I don’t know whether I should have said that now! I mean, everyone did. Everyone has auditioned for it. So many people I know have gone in for the part I’ve gone in for, and guys who’ve gone in for a particular part, so I’d imagine J.J. is probably just scanning the earth to find the people that ne needs.”
She did confirm that she used a lightsaber in her audition though:
“But nobody has a clue what it’s about, and nobody’s read the script. So I’ve gone in and read for it, but I have to say, I think it’s the only time I’ve ever thought, ‘You know what? Even if I don’t get it, I had so much fun auditioning, pretending to take out a lightsaber – out of a bag, kind of inspect it and not know what it is. That was… that was great. A lightsaber! Star Wars!”
Here is a copy of the entire interview if you want to hear what she had to say for yourself:
I think this is excellent news and I hope Ronan has a great shot at landing a major role. She is one of the most talented young actresses we have and proved in HANNA that she can definitely kick ass. Out of all of the casting rumors so far this is the one I am most intrigued by. She could really bring a lot to the franchise. We should have some confirmations soon though as production is set to begin in the near future.
What do you guys think? Would Saoirse Ronan fit in well in the STAR WARS universe?
Follow me on Twitter here!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Will there be a change of roster in Avengers: Age of Ultron and if so, who's gonna be on it? -- 258 total posts 144 posts
- Is this what Doctor Doom looks like in Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR?! -- 263 total posts 108 posts
- Scream and Shout: Quint is inspired by Guardians of the Galaxy to revisit BATTLE BEYOND THE STARS (1980)! -- 176 total posts 98 posts
- New Poster for OPEN WINDOWS! -- 87 total posts 87 posts
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 56 total posts 56 posts
- This Trailer For The New SHAUN THE SHEEP Movie Doesn’t Look Too Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad!! -- 49 total posts 49 posts
- Co-Director Anthony Russo Is Teasing, What, Exactly, Regarding CAPTAIN AMERICA 3?? -- 234 total posts 37 posts
- AICN HORROR looks at EXTRATERRESTRIAL! SAVAGELAND! REVELATION TRAIL! THE POSESSION OF MICHAEL KING! THE LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE! SLOPPY THE PSYCHOTIC! MY FAIR ZOMBIE! THE FORBIDDEN GIRL! MOEBIUS! TWILIGHT ZONE 1985! SUFFER THE CHILDREN Book Review! & cast your vote for PRESIDENT WOLFMAN! -- 36 total posts 36 posts
- A Few Promo Images From EXODUS: GODS AND KINGS Bring Ridleyish Spectacle!! -- 137 total posts 35 posts
-- 58 total posts 28 posts