The internet gets its first look at THE HOBBIT's Beorn in his human form!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. The internet got its first look at Beorn's human form today. Below you'll see Mikael Persbrandt pre-bear transformation. What you don't get a sense of is his stature. There's a reason Beorn (pronounced Bey-orn, by the way, not Bjorn) is one of the only beings in Middle Earth that intimidates Gandalf. He's huge!
In my time on the set I did get to see Mikael up close and the makeup is crazy! His wig alone is insane... my first impressions of him on the set was that he looked like something David Bowie would dream up... in a good way. I like that they're going with a human form that is more animalistic instead of him just being a regular guy that just happens to shapeshift into a bear.
Very much looking forward to seeing how he comes across in both forms when The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug is released this December. Hat tip to badtaste.it for finding the image and posting it online.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- The Bat Cowl from BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE is in the hall! -- 245 total posts 245 posts
- There's a new awesome filming location for STAR WARS 7!!! -- 221 total posts 221 posts
- FIFTY SHADES OF GREY Trailer Is Like Daaaaayuuuuuuum! -- 179 total posts 178 posts
- Beginning of a flood of AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Comic Con Artwork?!?! -- 203 total posts 119 posts
- Mark Hamill referred to his beard for STAR WARS: EPISODE VII as "contractually-obligated"!! Does that confirm what we've been hearing?? -- 88 total posts 88 posts
- Marvel Debuts Special ANT-MAN Poster For Comic Con! -- 114 total posts 71 posts
- Sony Says Fuck It, Announces Release Dates For THE SINISTER SIX And THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3! -- 351 total posts 56 posts
- Behold The Blazing New Poster For THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES!! -- 220 total posts 56 posts
- SDCC '14: Title logo for WARCRAFT! -- 62 total posts 50 posts
- Marvel sets one additional 2018 release date! -- 107 total posts 46 posts