The internet gets its first look at THE HOBBIT's Beorn in his human form!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. The internet got its first look at Beorn's human form today. Below you'll see Mikael Persbrandt pre-bear transformation. What you don't get a sense of is his stature. There's a reason Beorn (pronounced Bey-orn, by the way, not Bjorn) is one of the only beings in Middle Earth that intimidates Gandalf. He's huge!
In my time on the set I did get to see Mikael up close and the makeup is crazy! His wig alone is insane... my first impressions of him on the set was that he looked like something David Bowie would dream up... in a good way. I like that they're going with a human form that is more animalistic instead of him just being a regular guy that just happens to shapeshift into a bear.
Very much looking forward to seeing how he comes across in both forms when The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug is released this December. Hat tip to badtaste.it for finding the image and posting it online.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- First Trailer for EDGE OF TOMORROW, Starring Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt! -- 266 total posts 10 posts
- Our First Sense Of Uni's FAST AND THE FURIOUS 7 Strategy?? -- 135 total posts 9 posts
- A Poster For The Badass Looking GODZILLA!! -- 155 total posts 8 posts
- Is Jason Clarke Our New John Connor? -- 201 total posts 8 posts
- I'd watch Simon Pegg and Monty Python in ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING! -- 51 total posts 5 posts
- Ohmygod Ohmygod, you guys! The Godzilla trailer! -- 686 total posts 3 posts
- DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES Teaser Posters Portend The Arrival Of Next Week's Trailer!! -- 139 total posts 3 posts
- Sony has hired a writer for BAD BOYS 3, plus updates on the MEN IN BLACK and GHOSTBUSTERS franchises!! -- 292 total posts 3 posts
- Samuel L. Jackson in Talks for David Yates' TARZAN! -- 98 total posts 3 posts
- Nordling Recaps BNAT 15! -- 237 total posts 2 posts