Jack Bauer’s Next Adventure Won’t Take Place In Los Angeles, New York, The District of Columbia Or Africa!!
Fox just announced that the upcoming miniseries “24: Live Another Day” will be set in Europe and shot in London.
The first six seasons of “24” were set mostly in Southern California, but the seventh and eighth seasons were set in Washington, D.C. and New York, respectively. The 2008 “Redemption” TV-movie was set in Africa.
Today's press release suggests former counter-terrorism agent Jack Bauer is still a fugitive four years after 2010’s eighth season.
Longtime “24” showrunner Howard Gordon (“Homeland”) is producing the series, but this press release establishes that longtime “24” writer-producers Evan Katz and Manny Coto will be co-showrunners on the 12-episode project, which will cover 24 hours in Jack Bauer’s life.
Kiefer Sutherland, Mary Lynn Rajskub and Kim Raver are all back for the miniseries, which Fox expects to air next summer.
Look! Press release!
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Thursday, Oct. 3, 2013
LONDON CALLING JACK BAUER!!!
NEW ACTION-PACKED EVENT SERIES “24: LIVE ANOTHER DAY” TAKES JACK BAUER TO ENGLAND FOR 12 ACTION-PACKED EPISODES
24: LIVE ANOTHER DAY Marks the First “24” Production to Film Abroad Since 2008 Telefilm “24: Redemption”
Twentieth Century Fox Television, Imagine Television and FOX are sending the production of 24: LIVE ANOTHER DAY across the Atlantic to London for a thrilling international adventure, as the new tent-pole event series restarts the clock on the groundbreaking and Emmy Award-winning drama franchise starring Kiefer Sutherland. As previously announced, 24: LIVE ANOTHER DAY will make its historic debut in the summer of 2014 on FOX.
“‘24’ has always had such a global sensibility,” said Sutherland, who also serves as an executive producer on the event series. “But to be able to tell this intense ‘24’-style story with the beauty of Europe’s history and architecture as the backdrop is going to be fascinating. Hopefully, by the time you’re finished watching an episode, you’ll feel like you’ve been there...on the edge of your seat.”
Co-showrunner and executive producer Evan Katz added, “We wanted the show’s return to be an event, and part of that was putting Jack in a very different context. Four years ago, we left Jack a fugitive from justice and we’re going to pick him up four years later in London.”
Co-showrunner and executive producer Manny Coto continued, “Jack is soon back on the run and it takes us into the streets of London and in places that break new ground for the show. We’ve shot in New York, Washington, Los Angeles and Cape Town -- but now we’re in London and Jack’s loose on the streets of Europe, hunted by and hunting bad guys.”
Originally premiering November 6, 2001, “24” was nominated for a total of 73 Emmy Awards, winning for Outstanding Drama Series in 2006. Over the course of eight seasons, and a two-hour telefilm, Sutherland garnered seven Emmy Award nominations and one win for Outstanding Lead Actor – Drama Series. While the series gained global recognition, Sutherland’s portrayal of the legendary character penetrated the American psyche like no other dramatic television character to become part of the cultural lexicon.
24: LIVE ANOTHER DAY is a production of 20th Century Fox Television and Imagine Television in association with Teakwood Lane Productions. Howard Gordon, Brian Grazer and Kiefer Sutherland will executive produce, along with an additional team to be announced. The original series, which had its last American broadcast on May 24, 2010, was created by Joel Surnow and Robert Cochran.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 59 total posts 59 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 106 total posts 29 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 277 total posts 21 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 512 total posts 15 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 35 total posts 12 posts
- This Week's Saturday Shorts: Parkour, Compliments, and Getting Pooped on! -- 14 total posts 8 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 219 total posts 5 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 22 total posts 4 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 333 total posts 4 posts
- AICN HORROR looks at PROXY! THE LASHMAN! 13 SINS! CAMP DREAD! ROULETTE! POSEIDON REX! CONFINE! DEATH DO US PART! PSYCHOPHONY: AN EXPERIMENT IN EVIL! MONSTERS TV Series! HOWLS! & WOLF CREEK 2! -- 11 total posts 3 posts