HAROLD & KUMAR creators Hurwitz and Schlossberg to write/direct a dad-centric sex comedy!
Papa Vinyard here, now here's a little somethin' for ya...
Jon Hurwitz and Hayden Schlossberg have lined up their third films as writer/directors, after HAROLD & KUMAR ESCAPE FROM GUANTANAMO BAY and AMERICAN REUNION. Deadline broke the news that the duo, who made their names creating the HAROLD & KUMAR franchise, is getting ready to tackle the project formerly called CHERRIES (a title I'm batshit in love with), to be produced by Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg.
The premise involves three dads who discover their teenage daughters have made a pact to lost their respective v-cards on prom night, and take it upon themselves to make sure that doesn't happen. Sounds like a feature-film version of Vince Vaughn's subplot from THE WATCH. God, don't you wish that CHERRIES title was still in contention for this one?
You ever see that episode of IT'S ALWAYS SUNNY IN PHILADELPHIA where the three male leads break down their dynamic, designating a "looks" (Dennis), a "brains" (Mac), and a "wild card" (Charlie) among themselves? It aired in '08, before THE HANGOVER and HORRIBLE BOSSES (which featured star and co-writer of that very episode, Charlie Day) existed, yet that "three lads" framework has been applied to both, and considering the success of those films, I'd imagine that this film will follow suit as well. Oddly prophetic stuff from the IT'S ALWAYS SUNNY guys, if you ask me.
I'm fan of Hurwitz/Schlossberg's work, even if A VERY HAROLD & KUMAR CHRISTMAS was undercooked and underwhelming (although, to be fair, the duo didn't direct that one due to being busy working on the far better AMERICAN REUNION), so any projects that can channel the team's abilities to depict raunchy humor and potent male bonding has my attention. And if they can get John Cho and/or Neil Patrick Harris onboard this one for cheap, all the better (both made humorous, but brief appearances in AMERICAN REUNION).
Expect some relatively cheap, but reliable comedy names to line up for this one. Any thoughts as to which talents will be on the table?
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Harry says GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY is better than German Chocolate Cake & means it!!! -- 389 total posts 69 posts
- At Long Last, Our First Trailer For MAD MAX: FURY ROAD!! Official Vid Of Comic-Con Reel!! -- 490 total posts 39 posts
- SDCC '14: First footage of Batman vs Superman screens!!! Now w/ hi-res look at Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman!! -- 676 total posts 11 posts
- Full banner and character posters from AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON! -- 196 total posts 7 posts
- SDCC '14: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 2 flying into our galaxy in July 2017! -- 88 total posts 7 posts
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of Luc Besson’s LUCY, MONTY PYTHON LIVE (MOSTLY), Tomorrow’s LEFTOVERS And The Latest STAR WARS, DC, MARVEL, LOUIE, 24, HBO & GAME OF THRONES News!! Plus The Return Of AICN’s Own Horrorella!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 270 total posts 5 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint checks out Marvel's Ant-Man panel and sees a nifty teaser sequence! -- 58 total posts 4 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint has seen actual footage from George Miller's MAD MAX: FURY ROAD!!! -- 111 total posts 4 posts
- ‘You Have Failed This City!!’ When Atom Met ARROW!! 2.5 Minutes Of Season Three!! -- 39 total posts 3 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint has a ton of photos and highlights from Marvel's Avengers: Age of Ultron panel! -- 97 total posts 2 posts