HAROLD & KUMAR creators Hurwitz and Schlossberg to write/direct a dad-centric sex comedy!
Papa Vinyard here, now here's a little somethin' for ya...
Jon Hurwitz and Hayden Schlossberg have lined up their third films as writer/directors, after HAROLD & KUMAR ESCAPE FROM GUANTANAMO BAY and AMERICAN REUNION. Deadline broke the news that the duo, who made their names creating the HAROLD & KUMAR franchise, is getting ready to tackle the project formerly called CHERRIES (a title I'm batshit in love with), to be produced by Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg.
The premise involves three dads who discover their teenage daughters have made a pact to lost their respective v-cards on prom night, and take it upon themselves to make sure that doesn't happen. Sounds like a feature-film version of Vince Vaughn's subplot from THE WATCH. God, don't you wish that CHERRIES title was still in contention for this one?
You ever see that episode of IT'S ALWAYS SUNNY IN PHILADELPHIA where the three male leads break down their dynamic, designating a "looks" (Dennis), a "brains" (Mac), and a "wild card" (Charlie) among themselves? It aired in '08, before THE HANGOVER and HORRIBLE BOSSES (which featured star and co-writer of that very episode, Charlie Day) existed, yet that "three lads" framework has been applied to both, and considering the success of those films, I'd imagine that this film will follow suit as well. Oddly prophetic stuff from the IT'S ALWAYS SUNNY guys, if you ask me.
I'm fan of Hurwitz/Schlossberg's work, even if A VERY HAROLD & KUMAR CHRISTMAS was undercooked and underwhelming (although, to be fair, the duo didn't direct that one due to being busy working on the far better AMERICAN REUNION), so any projects that can channel the team's abilities to depict raunchy humor and potent male bonding has my attention. And if they can get John Cho and/or Neil Patrick Harris onboard this one for cheap, all the better (both made humorous, but brief appearances in AMERICAN REUNION).
Expect some relatively cheap, but reliable comedy names to line up for this one. Any thoughts as to which talents will be on the table?
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- So The MAN OF STEEL Sequel Has (At Least) A Third Superhero In It... -- 538 total posts 538 posts
- FAST AND FURIOUS 7 to be scrapped entirely? -- 275 total posts 275 posts
- These pics from AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 show off Electro's lair and some serious lightning attacks! -- 316 total posts 163 posts
- Earlier Versions Of THE DARK CRYSTAL...Probably Felt A Lot Like This!! -- 100 total posts 100 posts
- A New 300: RISE OF AN EMPIRE Trailer Brings The Xerxes!! -- 52 total posts 52 posts
- We now have an official and better look at a new AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 banner, plus a new synopsis! -- 221 total posts 51 posts
- Harry's 49th Picks & Peeks of 2013: OCTAGON, THE WOLVERINE, more Ninjas, Serpico & Saturn 3, NASHVILLE & more! -- 165 total posts 44 posts
- Filming on the FAST AND FURIOUS 7 has been postponed indefinitely. -- 252 total posts 43 posts
- WARCRAFT is getting its cast together! Adds Ben Foster, Dominic Cooper, Toby Kebbell, and more! -- 43 total posts 43 posts
- More Angry Volcano Action in this New Trailer for Pompeii! -- 43 total posts 43 posts