HAROLD & KUMAR creators Hurwitz and Schlossberg to write/direct a dad-centric sex comedy!
Papa Vinyard here, now here's a little somethin' for ya...
Jon Hurwitz and Hayden Schlossberg have lined up their third films as writer/directors, after HAROLD & KUMAR ESCAPE FROM GUANTANAMO BAY and AMERICAN REUNION. Deadline broke the news that the duo, who made their names creating the HAROLD & KUMAR franchise, is getting ready to tackle the project formerly called CHERRIES (a title I'm batshit in love with), to be produced by Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg.
The premise involves three dads who discover their teenage daughters have made a pact to lost their respective v-cards on prom night, and take it upon themselves to make sure that doesn't happen. Sounds like a feature-film version of Vince Vaughn's subplot from THE WATCH. God, don't you wish that CHERRIES title was still in contention for this one?
You ever see that episode of IT'S ALWAYS SUNNY IN PHILADELPHIA where the three male leads break down their dynamic, designating a "looks" (Dennis), a "brains" (Mac), and a "wild card" (Charlie) among themselves? It aired in '08, before THE HANGOVER and HORRIBLE BOSSES (which featured star and co-writer of that very episode, Charlie Day) existed, yet that "three lads" framework has been applied to both, and considering the success of those films, I'd imagine that this film will follow suit as well. Oddly prophetic stuff from the IT'S ALWAYS SUNNY guys, if you ask me.
I'm fan of Hurwitz/Schlossberg's work, even if A VERY HAROLD & KUMAR CHRISTMAS was undercooked and underwhelming (although, to be fair, the duo didn't direct that one due to being busy working on the far better AMERICAN REUNION), so any projects that can channel the team's abilities to depict raunchy humor and potent male bonding has my attention. And if they can get John Cho and/or Neil Patrick Harris onboard this one for cheap, all the better (both made humorous, but brief appearances in AMERICAN REUNION).
Expect some relatively cheap, but reliable comedy names to line up for this one. Any thoughts as to which talents will be on the table?
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Here’s A Video Of STAR WARS EPISODE VII’s Millennium Falcon, Highlighting One Little Detail… -- 410 total posts 409 posts
- Is DOCTOR STRANGE coming to us in July 2016?!! -- 409 total posts 213 posts
- Another New (And Rather Cool) INTERSTELLAR Poster!! -- 194 total posts 194 posts
- Rejoice! DEADPOOL: THE MOVIE comin' to you in February 2016!! -- 133 total posts 133 posts
- First look at footage from Genndy Tartakovsky's POPEYE! -- 94 total posts 94 posts
- Meet Bigfoot in this New Clip from EXISTS! -- 189 total posts 94 posts
- Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR gets pushed back nearly two months, and knocks ASSASSIN'S CREED off the calendar! -- 90 total posts 90 posts
- 3rd PICKS & PEEKS of Sept 2014: Crichton Blus, THE PARTY, Bloody Entertainment, GODZILLA 3D & More!!! -- 677 total posts 66 posts
- This Poster For INSIDIOUS CHAPTER 3 Is Creepy And Requires Reading!! -- 60 total posts 60 posts
- Guy Ritchie brings a mermaid onto land to play his Guinevere in KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE: KING ARTHUR! -- 55 total posts 55 posts