HAROLD & KUMAR creators Hurwitz and Schlossberg to write/direct a dad-centric sex comedy!
Papa Vinyard here, now here's a little somethin' for ya...
Jon Hurwitz and Hayden Schlossberg have lined up their third films as writer/directors, after HAROLD & KUMAR ESCAPE FROM GUANTANAMO BAY and AMERICAN REUNION. Deadline broke the news that the duo, who made their names creating the HAROLD & KUMAR franchise, is getting ready to tackle the project formerly called CHERRIES (a title I'm batshit in love with), to be produced by Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg.
The premise involves three dads who discover their teenage daughters have made a pact to lost their respective v-cards on prom night, and take it upon themselves to make sure that doesn't happen. Sounds like a feature-film version of Vince Vaughn's subplot from THE WATCH. God, don't you wish that CHERRIES title was still in contention for this one?
You ever see that episode of IT'S ALWAYS SUNNY IN PHILADELPHIA where the three male leads break down their dynamic, designating a "looks" (Dennis), a "brains" (Mac), and a "wild card" (Charlie) among themselves? It aired in '08, before THE HANGOVER and HORRIBLE BOSSES (which featured star and co-writer of that very episode, Charlie Day) existed, yet that "three lads" framework has been applied to both, and considering the success of those films, I'd imagine that this film will follow suit as well. Oddly prophetic stuff from the IT'S ALWAYS SUNNY guys, if you ask me.
I'm fan of Hurwitz/Schlossberg's work, even if A VERY HAROLD & KUMAR CHRISTMAS was undercooked and underwhelming (although, to be fair, the duo didn't direct that one due to being busy working on the far better AMERICAN REUNION), so any projects that can channel the team's abilities to depict raunchy humor and potent male bonding has my attention. And if they can get John Cho and/or Neil Patrick Harris onboard this one for cheap, all the better (both made humorous, but brief appearances in AMERICAN REUNION).
Expect some relatively cheap, but reliable comedy names to line up for this one. Any thoughts as to which talents will be on the table?
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Quint sits down with Frank Miller to talk a little about Sin City: A Dame To Kill For! -- 87 total posts 44 posts
- Is Tarantino about to make Jennifer Lawrence one of THE HATEFUL EIGHT!?! -- 117 total posts 39 posts
- Shane Black to bring Remo Williams back to the big screen in THE DESTROYER! -- 172 total posts 39 posts
- Trailer for Gregg Araki's WHITE BIRD IN A BLIZZARD, Starring Shailene Woodley and Eva Green! -- 31 total posts 25 posts
- Harry Potter spinoff FANTASTIC BEASTS AND WHERE TO FIND THEM to be directed by someone...who's directed Harry Potter movies! -- 105 total posts 17 posts
- Superman gets a new costume for BATMAN V SUPERMAN! -- 298 total posts 17 posts
- Trailer for NIGHTCRAWLER! "If it bleeds, it leads!" -- 59 total posts 15 posts
- So, What Is This BATMAN v SUPERMAN Prop Newspaper Showing Us?? [MILD SPOILER] -- 176 total posts 10 posts
- August Picks & Peeks 2014 Catch Up: DePalma, Jarmusch, Corman, Cuaron, Arau, Cosmotos, Brass, Huston + more! -- 343 total posts 10 posts
- Showtime Renews MASTERS OF SEX And RAY DONOVAN For Third Seasons!! -- 36 total posts 6 posts