ANT-MAN hasn't started production (nor has it even cast its leading man) but here's a picture for you anyway!
Papa Vinyard here, now here's a little somethin' for ya...
For a movie that hasn't even gotten in front of cameras yet, we sure have seen a lot of ANT-MAN thus far. We saw footage of the titular character in action (well, some of us did at least), and now, we get a look at some sort of pre-production shot of our minuscule hero crouching, for some reason or another.
Edgar Wright revealed the pic himself earlier today via this tweet...
Now I'm back in LA, it's high time to finish a little something I've been working on... pic.twitter.com/ko3u1q45C4— edgarwright (@edgarwright) October 2, 2013
There's been no confirmation as to why this elaborate setup, complete with a large, green-screened set and a sophisticated camera rig, is being implemented in such an early stage of production. SlashFilm's Germain Lussier came up with some ideas.
Is Wright going back and shooting another test reel? Was the one audiences saw not fully complete? Or is this, possibly, some kind of tease to be added onto another piece of Marvel media? If it was the last one, I don’t think he’d be allowed to tweet about it. My guess is maybe some costume tests to see if this suit is really the one they want to move ahead with.
If it weren't for the green-screen, I'd agree with the costume test idea. The get-up was cool and low-fi in a geeky sort of way, but if they are considering edging away from the DAREDEVIL-meets-HYDRA-Soldier vibe of his current duds, I'd completely understand. As is, I wouldn't be surprised if this was, like Germain speculated, for some sort of re-do of the previously-seen teaser footage, this time to serve as a glossy, fully-rendered introduction to the character for non-fanboy people who have no idea who he is or what he can do. Time will only tell. What you folks think?
ANT-MAN swarms theaters on July 31st, 2015.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 159 total posts 134 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 122 total posts 78 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 180 total posts 37 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 556 total posts 33 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 176 total posts 19 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 104 total posts 14 posts
- ‘There Is Only One Hell!!’ Stannis, Davos, Melissandre, Varys, Bran, Hodor, Reek And The Bastard Of Bolton Return For Tonight’s Big Second GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 355 total posts 8 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 191 total posts 7 posts
- Check Out Thomas Haden Church in this Trailer for WHITEWASH! -- 63 total posts 7 posts
- In Many Ways We Need Each Other!! Graham & Lecter Reform Their Crimefighting Team On HANNIBAL!! New WHOSE, FIVE-0, BLOODS, UNFORGETTABLE, DIXIE, GUNS, LAST & SMACKDOWN!! Return Of THE WRITERS’ ROOM!! HANGER 1 Finale!! Shatner On CRAIG!! Herc’s Friday TV Talkback!! -- 26 total posts 6 posts