I've never prayed for the newest screenwriter hire for LEGEND OF CONAN before. But I hope she has the tongue for it!
Papa Vinyard here, now here's a little somethin' for ya...
In July, we'd heard from the CEO of CONAN-owning Paradox Entertainment that the script for Arnold's long-awaited return to the franchise was being worked on by Chris Morgan, presumably to recharge the franchise the same way he reinvigorated the FAST & FURIOUSes. I guess that the muckity-mucks weren't super-excited about what he came up with, because Deadline has reported that Universal has hired Andrea Berloff to have a pass at the long-in-development CONAN sequel, entitled THE LEGEND OF CONAN.
Berloff's only major screenplay credits, to date, are on Oliver Stone's WORLD TRADE CENTER and Will Smith's upcoming directorial debut, THE LEGEND OF CAIN. She's also working on the American remake of the Frederic Jardin-directed French thriller, SLEEPLESS NIGHT (a terrific film I adore and, coincidentally, re-enjoyed just this past weekend). Hopefully, she'll be able to sufficiently pay homage to the role that made Schwarzenegger a star, and can channel the same largely-silent, operatic tone that her former collaborator Stone was able to inject into CONAN THE BARBARIAN 30+ years ago.
I just love any news that this project is gaining traction. I was born years after the original came out, and I've been dreaming about this shit for ages, so I can't even imagine how some of you older fans feel about this.
I don't think they'll be able to meet that Summer 2014 release date they were kicking around earlier this summer, but if all parties get to work, it's slightly possible that we'll see Arnie's locks flowing in the desert wind by the end of next year.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Will Ferrell and Adam McKay to bring you MANIMAL: THE MOVIE! -- 163 total posts 22 posts
- Edgar Wright's Next Project Revealed! -- 121 total posts 13 posts
- Idris Elba to play one of Guy Ritchie's KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE! -- 339 total posts 12 posts
- "I would never order an alcoholic beverage on the bridge..." Trailer for SPACE STATION 76 has its heart firmly in place and its tongue firmly in cheek! -- 60 total posts 11 posts
- 4th Week of July 2014 PICKS & PEEKS: Werewolves, BLUE RUIN, Nordic Noir, ALL CHEERLEADERS DIE + more! -- 169 total posts 11 posts
- JJ Abrams reveals a rusted out, beat up awesome looking X-Wing in new video! -- 550 total posts 10 posts
- A New & Full Length Trailer For Disney XD’s STAR WARS REBELS!! -- 60 total posts 8 posts
- New Trailer Promises the Creepiest HONEYMOON Ever! -- 24 total posts 6 posts
- A Recently Recovered Gene Roddenberry Interview Leads To A Kickstarter About The Early Days Of STAR TREK!! -- 71 total posts 5 posts
- Fox Networks Group Chairman Peter Rice: ‘I’d Love To See Another Season Of 24!!’ -- 160 total posts 5 posts