I've never prayed for the newest screenwriter hire for LEGEND OF CONAN before. But I hope she has the tongue for it!
Papa Vinyard here, now here's a little somethin' for ya...
In July, we'd heard from the CEO of CONAN-owning Paradox Entertainment that the script for Arnold's long-awaited return to the franchise was being worked on by Chris Morgan, presumably to recharge the franchise the same way he reinvigorated the FAST & FURIOUSes. I guess that the muckity-mucks weren't super-excited about what he came up with, because Deadline has reported that Universal has hired Andrea Berloff to have a pass at the long-in-development CONAN sequel, entitled THE LEGEND OF CONAN.
Berloff's only major screenplay credits, to date, are on Oliver Stone's WORLD TRADE CENTER and Will Smith's upcoming directorial debut, THE LEGEND OF CAIN. She's also working on the American remake of the Frederic Jardin-directed French thriller, SLEEPLESS NIGHT (a terrific film I adore and, coincidentally, re-enjoyed just this past weekend). Hopefully, she'll be able to sufficiently pay homage to the role that made Schwarzenegger a star, and can channel the same largely-silent, operatic tone that her former collaborator Stone was able to inject into CONAN THE BARBARIAN 30+ years ago.
I just love any news that this project is gaining traction. I was born years after the original came out, and I've been dreaming about this shit for ages, so I can't even imagine how some of you older fans feel about this.
I don't think they'll be able to meet that Summer 2014 release date they were kicking around earlier this summer, but if all parties get to work, it's slightly possible that we'll see Arnie's locks flowing in the desert wind by the end of next year.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of The First Jack Bauer 24 Adventure Since 2010!! Plus GAME OF THRONES, MAD MEN, HANNIBAL, AGENTS OF SHIELD, And More!! And The Return Of FX MOVIE DOWNLOAD Star Sasha Perl-Raver!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 296 total posts 146 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 300 total posts 19 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 575 total posts 9 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 225 total posts 5 posts
- MTV Movie Awards drops an opening scene from X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST! And it rocks! -- 317 total posts 4 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 194 total posts 4 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 249 total posts 3 posts
- This Week's Saturday Shorts: Parkour, Compliments, and Getting Pooped on! -- 2 total posts 2 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 195 total posts 2 posts
- Stallone Talks EXPENDABLES Casting Approach!! Nicholson!?!? -- 288 total posts 2 posts