Production Begins on 22 JUMP STREET!
Hey guys! Horrorella here...
After 21 JUMP STREET defied all possible expectations and become one of the funniest movies in recent memory, plans began to form around the inevitable sequel.
Production on 22 JUMP STREET is officially underway in New Orleans, with Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum reprising their roles as Schmidt and Jenko, who will be going undercover at a local college. 21 JUMP STREET directors Phil Lord and Christopher Miller are once again behind the camera, and Ice Cube will also be returning in his role as Captain Dickson.
Says producer Neil Moritz:
We were all so thrilled by the irreverent humor and the chemistry between Channing and Jonah as we sent them back to high school in the first film. So, of course, we just had to send them to college. It’s also great to have Chris and Phil back at the helm. From the get go they have had the perfect pulse on the material, and have created an unforgettable cop buddy team in Schmidt and Jenko.
And while some may be skeptical that this team will be able to pull off the same magic they harnessed the first time around, Hill and Tatum are more than happy to put those minds at ease:
We are grateful to our friends at Sony and MGM for letting us do another one. We’re proud to be working alongside Phil, Chris, Neal, Ice Cube, Korean Jesus and the rest of our amazing crew and cast. As we all know, sequels are ALWAYS better than the original. Every single time. This will be no exception. How are we still saying the exact same words at the same time? This is crazy! Jump Street!
I'm really excited to see what they can turn out the second time around. 22 JUMP STREET is scheduled to open on June 13, 2014. Check out the full press release below.
"22 JUMP STREET” BEGINS SHOOTING FOR SONY PICTURES ENTERTAINMENT AND METRO-GOLDWYN-MAYER PICTURES JONAH HILL AND CHANNING TATUM REUNITE IN THEIR ROLES AS SCHMIDT AND JENKO
NEW ORLEANS, LA., September 30, 2013 – Principal photography began September 28th, 2013 on Columbia Pictures’ and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures’ 22 Jump Street, the sequel to the 2012 action-comedy blockbuster 21 Jump Street, which took in more than $200 million at the worldwide box office.
22 Jump Street reunites Jonah Hill (upcoming Wolf of Wall Street and True Story) and Channing Tatum (upcoming Foxcatcher and Jupiter Ascending) as they return to their roles as undercover cops Schmidt and Jenko; they are also re-teaming with 21 Jump Street producer Neal H. Moritz (Fast and Furious franchise) and directors Phil Lord and Christopher Miller (Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs, upcoming The Lego Movie). Alongside Hill and Tatum, Ice Cube (21 Jump Street, upcoming Ride Along) reprises his role as Captain Dickson.
Neal H. Moritz produces through the Original Film banner, along with Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum. Executive producers are Brian Bell (Cedar Rapids, upcoming Neighbors), Tania Landau (21 Jump Street, Vantage Point), Phil Lord, Christopher Miller, Reid Carolin (Magic Mike, Earth Made Of Glass), and Stephen J. Cannell. The screenplay is by Michael Bacall (21 Jump Street, Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World), Oren Uziel (upcoming Kitchen Sink) and Rodney Rothman (Forgetting Sarah Marshall, upcoming Grudge Match), from a story by Michael Bacall & Jonah Hill, based on the television series “21 Jump Street” created by Patrick Hasburgh & Stephen J. Cannell. The production films in New Orleans and Puerto Rico.
In the action-comedy 22 Jump Street, after making their way through high school (twice), big changes are in store for officers Schmidt (Jonah Hill) and Jenko (Channing Tatum) when they go deep undercover at a local college.
Says producer Neal H. Moritz, “We were all so thrilled by the irreverent humor and the chemistry between Channing and Jonah as we sent them back to high school in the first film. So, of course, we just had to send them to college. It’s also great to have Chris and Phil back at the helm. From the get go they have had the perfect pulse on the material, and have created an unforgettable cop buddy team in Schmidt and Jenko.”
Continue directors Phil Lord & Christopher Miller, “Buddies who work together is a topic that is close to home for us. We’re looking forward to working with Channing and Jonah, Neal and our friends at Sony again to take these guys’ relationship to the next level.”
Hill and Tatum add, “We are grateful to our friends at Sony and MGM for letting us do another one. We’re proud to be working alongside Phil, Chris, Neal, Ice Cube, Korean Jesus and the rest of our amazing crew and cast. As we all know, sequels are ALWAYS better than the original. Every single time. This will be no exception. How are we still saying the exact same words at the same time? This is crazy! Jump Street!”
Lord and Miller’s creative team includes director of photography Barry Peterson (21 Jump Street, We’re The Millers), production designer Steve Saklad (The Muppets, Juno), editor David Rennie (Office Space, upcoming Last Vegas), and costume designer Leesa Evans (Bridesmaids, Forgetting Sarah Marshall).
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Fox has hired a pair of writers to get a FLASH GORDON movie off the ground! -- 132 total posts 53 posts
- Today's STAR WARS: EPISODE VII Status Report: Casting "Almost Complete", Second Unit Shooting Underway! -- 272 total posts 16 posts
- IT'S A SMALL WORLD: THE MOVIE directed by Jon Turteltaub is a real thing Disney wants to make! -- 34 total posts 14 posts
- There Will Soon Be No More Orci / Kurtzman Movies!?!? + One Of Them Is Pushing To Direct The Third JJVerse STAR TREK Film!! -- 261 total posts 13 posts
- A thief will elude capture using interstellar teleportation in Doug Liman's RAILHEAD! -- 20 total posts 10 posts
- ‘So Who Wants To Go First??’ Amy Acker Is The Cellist In Joss Whedon’s AGENTS OF SHIELD!! ELSEWHERE & ER On PIONEERS OF TELEVISION!! New AWKWARD, SWAP, BOY, STORAGE, SCHUMER, TOSH, GLEE, FIRE, MINDY, DUSK, ORIGINALS, SUPERNATURAL, FARGO, FISHER & VOICE!! CONTAINER Finale!! Don Rickles On KIMMEL!! Natalie Dormer On SETH!! Stephen Colbert On LETTERMAN!! Elizabeth Warren On THE DAILY SHOW!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 138 total posts 10 posts
- 4th Week of April 2014's PICKS & PEEKS: SORCERER, GET CARTER, PAWNBROKER, Slasher horror & more!!! -- 118 total posts 7 posts
Learn What’s Ahead
For GAME OF THRONES!! -- 29 total posts 7 posts
- Tina Fey and Amy Poehler's THE NEST is now set to take on Luke Skywalker and friends in December 2015! -- 28 total posts 6 posts
- Jessica Chastain to play Marilyn Monroe for Andrew Dominik in BLONDE! -- 43 total posts 6 posts