WARNING: This Gameplay Material From The Abortive SNAKE PLISSKEN'S ESCAPE Could Give You A Whopping Case Of Geekly Blue Balls!! (Now With Working Talkbacks)
Via Kotaku and IGN comes this look at a Snake Plissken video game which never saw the light of day.
How a Snake Plissken video game has not been generated to this pint is beyond me - the Carpenter/Russellverse must be at least as potential-rich as RIDDICK (which got a game), no? But it appears one was at least in development a while back.
Tentatively titled Snake Plissken's ESCAPE, the video's description says the game featured Kurt Russell's likeness, and a nearly finished campaign design with a storyline approved by the Escape franchise's principle creatives—Russell, John Carpenter, and the late Debra Hill.
...says Kotaku HERE.
If I’m understanding the timing of matters correctly, announcements about this game and its supposed/intended release date would place this video somewhere 2003/2005.
Behold... SNAKE PLISSKEN’S ESCAPE.
All I have to say, having more or less rubbed one out over the idea of a Plissken game, is...it’s not too late! If it were as utterly badass as the recent TOMB RAIDER, I would completely pass out and never awaken. Although, maybe they could do a simpler version for XBOX Arcade, or something? Like the TURTLES: OUT OF THE SHADOWS title which came out recently? But maybe gooder than that.
- Google +
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of The First Jack Bauer 24 Adventure Since 2010!! Plus GAME OF THRONES, MAD MEN, HANNIBAL, AGENTS OF SHIELD, And More!! And The Return Of FX MOVIE DOWNLOAD Star Sasha Perl-Raver!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 296 total posts 146 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 295 total posts 14 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 575 total posts 9 posts
- MTV Movie Awards drops an opening scene from X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST! And it rocks! -- 317 total posts 4 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 194 total posts 4 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 224 total posts 4 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 249 total posts 3 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 195 total posts 2 posts
- Stallone Talks EXPENDABLES Casting Approach!! Nicholson!?!? -- 288 total posts 2 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 117 total posts 2 posts