Could More Films Set in the Potter Universe Be on the Way?
Hey guys! Horrorella here...
We recently learned that, while the story of Harry Potter has definitely been closed, the wizarding world remains wide open, with a great many stories to be told. In the wake of the announcement of the development of a film based on the Hogwarts textbook Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Warner Bros. has gone about trademarking the title for every conceivable purpose under the sun. Which makes sense, given the success of anything Potter-related.
The interesting thing that Bleeding Cool points out is the number of other trademarks that have been filed along with it, including:
- the book Quidditch Through The Ages,
- it's author, Kennilworthy Whisp
- the Quidditch teams: Chudley Cannons, Wimbourne Wasps, Kenmare Kestrels
- the book Tales Of Beedle The Bard
The idea of the Quidditch movie could be something spectacular - those scenes in the original Potter series were some of the most exciting in the films, and were always an audience favorite. Tales of Beedle the Bard (which played a role in the storyline in THE DEATHLY HALLOWS book and films) is a favorite among Potter fans and would almost certainly be a hit if it went into production.
And again, this news in no way guarantees that any of the trademarked properties will turn into anything. But it does seem indicate that Warner Bros. and J.K. Rowling are looking at the possibility of further expanding the Potter universe in film, should FANTASTIC BEASTS AND WHERE TO FIND THEM prove successful.
What do you guys think?
Follow me on Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- SDCC '14: Quint talks about the surprisingly good 5-ish minutes of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles shown at the Con! -- 74 total posts 74 posts
- SDCC '14: Another snap of Batfleck from BATMAN V SUPERMAN! -- 301 total posts 73 posts
- Mark Hamill referred to his beard for STAR WARS: EPISODE VII as "contractually-obligated"!! Does that confirm what we've been hearing?? -- 245 total posts 60 posts
- FIFTY SHADES OF GREY Trailer Is Like Daaaaayuuuuuuum! -- 297 total posts 50 posts
- "This is a classic alternate reality situation...like FRINGE!" Get wet with the red-band trailer for HOT TUB TIME MACHINE 2! -- 100 total posts 47 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint has seen the new Interstellar trailer! Plus The Rock and Spongebob stuff! -- 44 total posts 44 posts
- The Bat Cowl from BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE is in the hall! -- 287 total posts 12 posts
- There's a new awesome filming location for STAR WARS 7!!! -- 244 total posts 11 posts
- Check Out this New Poster for HORNS! -- 36 total posts 9 posts
- AICN Austin's GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Screening at Alamo Lakeline is set! Come join the fun! -- 64 total posts 7 posts