Could More Films Set in the Potter Universe Be on the Way?
Hey guys! Horrorella here...
We recently learned that, while the story of Harry Potter has definitely been closed, the wizarding world remains wide open, with a great many stories to be told. In the wake of the announcement of the development of a film based on the Hogwarts textbook Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Warner Bros. has gone about trademarking the title for every conceivable purpose under the sun. Which makes sense, given the success of anything Potter-related.
The interesting thing that Bleeding Cool points out is the number of other trademarks that have been filed along with it, including:
- the book Quidditch Through The Ages,
- it's author, Kennilworthy Whisp
- the Quidditch teams: Chudley Cannons, Wimbourne Wasps, Kenmare Kestrels
- the book Tales Of Beedle The Bard
The idea of the Quidditch movie could be something spectacular - those scenes in the original Potter series were some of the most exciting in the films, and were always an audience favorite. Tales of Beedle the Bard (which played a role in the storyline in THE DEATHLY HALLOWS book and films) is a favorite among Potter fans and would almost certainly be a hit if it went into production.
And again, this news in no way guarantees that any of the trademarked properties will turn into anything. But it does seem indicate that Warner Bros. and J.K. Rowling are looking at the possibility of further expanding the Potter universe in film, should FANTASTIC BEASTS AND WHERE TO FIND THEM prove successful.
What do you guys think?
Follow me on Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Fox has hired a pair of writers to get a FLASH GORDON movie off the ground! -- 150 total posts 71 posts
- Today's STAR WARS: EPISODE VII Status Report: Casting "Almost Complete", Second Unit Shooting Underway! -- 282 total posts 26 posts
- There Will Soon Be No More Orci / Kurtzman Movies!?!? + One Of Them Is Pushing To Direct The Third JJVerse STAR TREK Film!! -- 266 total posts 18 posts
- IT'S A SMALL WORLD: THE MOVIE directed by Jon Turteltaub is a real thing Disney wants to make! -- 36 total posts 16 posts
- A thief will elude capture using interstellar teleportation in Doug Liman's RAILHEAD! -- 22 total posts 12 posts
- 4th Week of April 2014's PICKS & PEEKS: SORCERER, GET CARTER, PAWNBROKER, Slasher horror & more!!! -- 122 total posts 11 posts
- ‘So Who Wants To Go First??’ Amy Acker Is The Cellist In Joss Whedon’s AGENTS OF SHIELD!! ELSEWHERE & ER On PIONEERS OF TELEVISION!! New AWKWARD, SWAP, BOY, STORAGE, SCHUMER, TOSH, GLEE, FIRE, MINDY, DUSK, ORIGINALS, SUPERNATURAL, FARGO, FISHER & VOICE!! CONTAINER Finale!! Don Rickles On KIMMEL!! Natalie Dormer On SETH!! Stephen Colbert On LETTERMAN!! Elizabeth Warren On THE DAILY SHOW!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 139 total posts 11 posts
- Jessica Chastain to play Marilyn Monroe for Andrew Dominik in BLONDE! -- 46 total posts 9 posts
- Tina Fey and Amy Poehler's THE NEST is now set to take on Luke Skywalker and friends in December 2015! -- 30 total posts 8 posts
Learn What’s Ahead
For GAME OF THRONES!! -- 30 total posts 8 posts