Could More Films Set in the Potter Universe Be on the Way?
Hey guys! Horrorella here...
We recently learned that, while the story of Harry Potter has definitely been closed, the wizarding world remains wide open, with a great many stories to be told. In the wake of the announcement of the development of a film based on the Hogwarts textbook Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Warner Bros. has gone about trademarking the title for every conceivable purpose under the sun. Which makes sense, given the success of anything Potter-related.
The interesting thing that Bleeding Cool points out is the number of other trademarks that have been filed along with it, including:
- the book Quidditch Through The Ages,
- it's author, Kennilworthy Whisp
- the Quidditch teams: Chudley Cannons, Wimbourne Wasps, Kenmare Kestrels
- the book Tales Of Beedle The Bard
The idea of the Quidditch movie could be something spectacular - those scenes in the original Potter series were some of the most exciting in the films, and were always an audience favorite. Tales of Beedle the Bard (which played a role in the storyline in THE DEATHLY HALLOWS book and films) is a favorite among Potter fans and would almost certainly be a hit if it went into production.
And again, this news in no way guarantees that any of the trademarked properties will turn into anything. But it does seem indicate that Warner Bros. and J.K. Rowling are looking at the possibility of further expanding the Potter universe in film, should FANTASTIC BEASTS AND WHERE TO FIND THEM prove successful.
What do you guys think?
Follow me on Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- 3rd Official X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST trailer hits - and it is a big one!!! -- 168 total posts 158 posts
- ‘A Gift From The Clairvoyant!!’ Patton Oswalt Joins Joss Whedon’s AGENTS OF SHIELD!! Seinfeld On PIONEERS OF TELEVISION!! The Returns Of NEW GIRL, AWKWARD & WIFE SWAP!! The Premiere Of FARGO!! Plus New BOY, STORAGE, SCHUMER, PERSON, TOSH, NCIS, GLEE, FIRE, CONTAINER, MINDY, DUSK, ORIGINALS, SUPERNATURAL & VOICE!! TEEN MOM Finale Special!! DANCE MOMS 100!! HARDCORE PAWN Finale!! Nathan Fillion & Tatiana Maslany on CONAN!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 135 total posts 29 posts
- Jaden Smith will dress like a girl to avoid slavery in THE GOOD LORD BIRD! -- 70 total posts 18 posts
- Everyone thinks Elizabeth Banks is a hooker in this red-band WALK OF SHAME trailer! -- 38 total posts 12 posts
- David Fincher wants more money to do his JOBS! -- 176 total posts 11 posts
- THE SIGNAL and V/H/S co-director David Bruckner to direct the found footage FRIDAY THE 13TH reboot?! -- 64 total posts 5 posts
- 3rd week of April 2014's PICKS & PEEKS: Welles,Wilder,Svankmajer, Mann,Jeong, Sirk,Trier & more!!! -- 108 total posts 5 posts
- The Composer For That BATMAN / SUPERMAN Movie Is… -- 227 total posts 5 posts
- Matthew Vaughn to get SUPERIOR to stay in the Mark Millar business for Fox! -- 20 total posts 4 posts
- Wanna see some location video from the filming of Guillermo del Toro's CRIMSON PEAK? -- 14 total posts 3 posts