AICN Toys: Sideshow Catwoman, Super Alloy Starboost Iron Man, Talking Ron Burgundy, Retro Dexter, And More!!
John Ary here with a quick look at some toy lines that are making headlines this week. As always click on the photos for an embiggened look and for more information check out the preorder links.
1/6 SCALE CATWOMAN FROM SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES
Catwoman needs a better seamstress because whomever designed the top part of her costume made it a bit too snug. She can’t even zip it up all the way. What if it gets cold outside? Gotham’s weather can turn frigid in the winter resulting in a mean case of sniffles. Robin learned this lesson the hard way. That’s why he got rid of those short shorts. Annnnnyway… This 1/6 scale Selina Kyle features two different faces, swappable hands, goggles, an ill-fitting body suit, whip, a climbing harness with backpack, a big diamond and a Sideshow exclusive Egyptian cat idol. She will start breaking into homes in April or you can pre-order her here.
SUPER ALLOY STARBOOST IRON MAN FROM PLAY IMAGINATIVE
Rumors swirled during the pre-release of Iron Man 3 that Tony Stark would suit up in the Mark 39 and head into space during the post credits sequence. The scene would somehow either tie together the established Marvel cinematic universe with the upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy movie or develop a lead-in with the then rumored bad guy of the Avengers sequel, Thanos. Alas, Tony Stark destroyed the Mark 39 at the end of Iron Man 3, but its memory lives on in the form of this 1/4 scale die cast action figure from Play Imaginative. Not only does the toy sport more than 50 points of articulation, LED-lit eyes and chest with a remote control, swappable hands, a foldable backdrop, a display base and a microfibre cleaning cloth for wiping off fingerprint marks on the alloy parts, but 85% of the body consists of die cast material. This 18-inch heavy metal badass will start shipping in May of 2014 or you can pre-order him here.
RON BURGUNDY TALKING ACTION FIGURE FROM BEELINE CREATIVE
“Ladies and gentlemen, can I please have your attention. I’ve just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story. I need all of you, to stop what you’re doing and listen.” Because 12-inches isn’t tall enough to do San Diego’s all-time greatest news anchor justice, Beeline Creative will make a 13-inch Ron Burgundy. The legendary leader of the KVWN Channel 4 news team will have an embedded sound chip that will spout epic insight and familiar phrases from the Anchorman movies. Look for him to talk up a storm in January or you can pre-order him here. "Cannon Ball!!!"
RETRO DEXTER FROM BIF BANG POW!
The Showtime stalwart drama Dexter used to bring us thrills and dramatic twists on a weekly basis. Lately, it mostly just brings frustration. (Let's not talk about that terrible finale.) Relive those early seasons with this new Dexter Morgan 8-inch action figure. Bif Bang Pow! will bring Michael C. Hall fans this new Mego-style toy, complete with a fabric outfit, knife, multiple points of articulation and blister card packaging in July 2014 or you can pre-order the killer of serial killers here.
PLAY ARTS KAI CONNOR AND EDWARD FROM SQUARE ENIX
Assassin’s Creed fans will soon get two new 11-inch scale action figures based on the third and fourth entries in the video game series. First we have Connor Kenway. The Native American hero features a fully articulated body, including the tails of his jacket, allowing for plenty of posing possibilities. He also comes with his famous assassin’s blades as well as a tomahawk, bow and arrows, and pistols. Then we have the pirate Edward Kenway. His cowl is made from special soft materials and can be worn up or pulled down to expose his head. Edward will also feature a full array of pistols, swords and daggers. Look for these two assassins to release in February or you can pre-order Connor here and Edward here.
AND FINALLY THIS WEEK... if you want to show off the articulation of your new 1964 edition Godzilla action figure, why not animate it in a fantastic video? That’s what director Michal Shipman has done and both the toy and the articulation look amazing. You can see more stuff like this over at TohoKingdom.com.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Fox has hired a pair of writers to get a FLASH GORDON movie off the ground! -- 132 total posts 53 posts
- Today's STAR WARS: EPISODE VII Status Report: Casting "Almost Complete", Second Unit Shooting Underway! -- 272 total posts 16 posts
- IT'S A SMALL WORLD: THE MOVIE directed by Jon Turteltaub is a real thing Disney wants to make! -- 34 total posts 14 posts
- There Will Soon Be No More Orci / Kurtzman Movies!?!? + One Of Them Is Pushing To Direct The Third JJVerse STAR TREK Film!! -- 261 total posts 13 posts
- A thief will elude capture using interstellar teleportation in Doug Liman's RAILHEAD! -- 20 total posts 10 posts
- ‘So Who Wants To Go First??’ Amy Acker Is The Cellist In Joss Whedon’s AGENTS OF SHIELD!! ELSEWHERE & ER On PIONEERS OF TELEVISION!! New AWKWARD, SWAP, BOY, STORAGE, SCHUMER, TOSH, GLEE, FIRE, MINDY, DUSK, ORIGINALS, SUPERNATURAL, FARGO, FISHER & VOICE!! CONTAINER Finale!! Don Rickles On KIMMEL!! Natalie Dormer On SETH!! Stephen Colbert On LETTERMAN!! Elizabeth Warren On THE DAILY SHOW!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 138 total posts 10 posts
- 4th Week of April 2014's PICKS & PEEKS: SORCERER, GET CARTER, PAWNBROKER, Slasher horror & more!!! -- 118 total posts 7 posts
Learn What’s Ahead
For GAME OF THRONES!! -- 29 total posts 7 posts
- Tina Fey and Amy Poehler's THE NEST is now set to take on Luke Skywalker and friends in December 2015! -- 28 total posts 6 posts
- Jessica Chastain to play Marilyn Monroe for Andrew Dominik in BLONDE! -- 43 total posts 6 posts