MAN OF STEEL Writer David Goyer Developing For NBC CONSTANTINE: THE SERIES !!
NBC, which failed to take David E. Kelley’s “Wonder Woman” to series a couple of seasons ago, is now working with screenwriter David S. Goyer to bring the DC Comics icon John Constantine to the small screen.
Sting-lookalike Constantine, created in 1985 by the great Alan Moore (“V For Vendetta,” “Watchmen,” “From Hell,” “The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen”) in the pages of the “Swamp Thing,” is a witty, hard-living, cigarette-loving British sorcerer.
Contantine’s Swamp Thing introduction is one of the best stories I’ve ever read in the comics. Empire Magazine ranked Constantine the 3rd greatest comic-book character of all time (after Superman and Batman). Wizard ranked Constantine the 10th greatest comic book character of all time (beating the likes of The Hulk, The Flash, The Thing and Green Arrow).
He was transformed into a dark-haired American for Francis Lawrence’s flaccid and point-missing 2005 Keanu Reeves movie.
Goyer has made a career out of adapting funnybook tales for the screen, starting with the 1998 David Hasselhoff TV movie “Nick Fury: Agent of SHIELD.” He went on to write all three Blade movies (directing the third, “Blade Trinity,” himself), he masterminded the “Blade” TV series, he co-wrote “Batman Begins” with the Nolan Bros., he scripted “Man of Steel” and he is hard at work on its sequel, which will pit Superman against Batman. Goyer also received “story” (but not screenplay) credits for the Nolan Bros.’ “The Dark Knight” and “The Dark Knight Rises.”
Before masterminding Starz’ “Da Vinci’s Demons,” Goyer served as creator/showrunner on three awful TV series: Spike’s “Blade: The Series” CBS’s “Threshold” and ABC’s “FlashForward.”
Aside from his comic-book adaptations, Goyer’s received credit for his work on the big screen’s “Death Warrant,” “Kickboxer 2,” “The Puppet Masters,” “Dark City,” “Zig Zag,” “Jumper,” and “The Unborn.” He also received a “story” credit on Warner Bros.’ 2014 “Godzilla” remake.
Longtime TV writer-producer Daniel Cerone (“Charmed,” “Dexter,” “Dirty Sexy Money,” “The Mentalist”) will partner with Goyer on the project. Find all of Deadline’s exclusive on the matter here.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Here’s A Video Of STAR WARS EPISODE VII’s Millennium Falcon, Highlighting One Little Detail… -- 359 total posts 359 posts
- Is DOCTOR STRANGE coming to us in July 2016?!! -- 406 total posts 210 posts
- Another New (And Rather Cool) INTERSTELLAR Poster!! -- 154 total posts 154 posts
- Meet Bigfoot in this New Clip from EXISTS! -- 183 total posts 88 posts
- 3rd PICKS & PEEKS of Sept 2014: Crichton Blus, THE PARTY, Bloody Entertainment, GODZILLA 3D & More!!! -- 670 total posts 59 posts
- This Poster For INSIDIOUS CHAPTER 3 Is Creepy And Requires Reading!! -- 57 total posts 57 posts
- Fox, Home Of GOTHAM, Makes Pilot Commitment To Project Based On DC Comics’ LUCIFER!! -- 103 total posts 44 posts
- Capone credits Dan Stevens' performance as the key to THE GUEST being all kinds of twisted goodness!!! -- 39 total posts 39 posts
- Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR gets pushed back nearly two months, and knocks ASSASSIN'S CREED off the calender! -- 32 total posts 32 posts
- Hercules Says The Big Mystery Is How Anybody At NBC Thought It Was A Good Idea To Greenlight THE MYSTERIES OF LAURA!! -- 46 total posts 31 posts