MAN OF STEEL Writer David Goyer Developing For NBC CONSTANTINE: THE SERIES !!
NBC, which failed to take David E. Kelley’s “Wonder Woman” to series a couple of seasons ago, is now working with screenwriter David S. Goyer to bring the DC Comics icon John Constantine to the small screen.
Sting-lookalike Constantine, created in 1985 by the great Alan Moore (“V For Vendetta,” “Watchmen,” “From Hell,” “The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen”) in the pages of the “Swamp Thing,” is a witty, hard-living, cigarette-loving British sorcerer.
Contantine’s Swamp Thing introduction is one of the best stories I’ve ever read in the comics. Empire Magazine ranked Constantine the 3rd greatest comic-book character of all time (after Superman and Batman). Wizard ranked Constantine the 10th greatest comic book character of all time (beating the likes of The Hulk, The Flash, The Thing and Green Arrow).
He was transformed into a dark-haired American for Francis Lawrence’s flaccid and point-missing 2005 Keanu Reeves movie.
Goyer has made a career out of adapting funnybook tales for the screen, starting with the 1998 David Hasselhoff TV movie “Nick Fury: Agent of SHIELD.” He went on to write all three Blade movies (directing the third, “Blade Trinity,” himself), he masterminded the “Blade” TV series, he co-wrote “Batman Begins” with the Nolan Bros., he scripted “Man of Steel” and he is hard at work on its sequel, which will pit Superman against Batman. Goyer also received “story” (but not screenplay) credits for the Nolan Bros.’ “The Dark Knight” and “The Dark Knight Rises.”
Before masterminding Starz’ “Da Vinci’s Demons,” Goyer served as creator/showrunner on three awful TV series: Spike’s “Blade: The Series” CBS’s “Threshold” and ABC’s “FlashForward.”
Aside from his comic-book adaptations, Goyer’s received credit for his work on the big screen’s “Death Warrant,” “Kickboxer 2,” “The Puppet Masters,” “Dark City,” “Zig Zag,” “Jumper,” and “The Unborn.” He also received a “story” credit on Warner Bros.’ 2014 “Godzilla” remake.
Longtime TV writer-producer Daniel Cerone (“Charmed,” “Dexter,” “Dirty Sexy Money,” “The Mentalist”) will partner with Goyer on the project. Find all of Deadline’s exclusive on the matter here.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Harry shares Day 1 of SXSW which stars Jon Favreau's utterly delicious CHEF!!! -- 103 total posts 103 posts
- All 13 Season-Six Episodes Of CLONE WARS Land On Netflix!! Joan Jett On LETTERMAN!! Kenan Thompson On MEYERS!! TRAIN YOUR DRAGON On FX DOWNLOAD!! New HANNIBAL, FIVE-0, GRIMM, BLOODS, LAST MAN, NEIGHBORS, ELISTED, HOPE, BANSHEE, TREEHOUSE, GOLD & SMACKDOWN!! Herc’s Friday TV Talkback!! -- 81 total posts 47 posts
- Darker ZORRO Reboot Finds its Writer! -- 243 total posts 39 posts
- Learn What Happens Next On HBO’s GAME OF THRONES!! -- 114 total posts 38 posts
- Fox Renews For Next Season THE MINDY PROJECT, THE FOLLOWING, BROOKLYN NINE-NINE And NEW GIRL!! -- 49 total posts 32 posts
- Quint eats up Jon Favreau's CHEF, opening night flick of SXSW 2014! -- 25 total posts 25 posts
- Lena Dunham Hosts SNL!! Sagan COSMOS Marathon On NGC!! New UNIVERSE, OUTRAGEOUS ACTS OF SCIENCE & BLACK SAILS!! SWAMP PAWN, RAISING WHITLEY, SCORNED, COPS & CRAZY HEARTS Finales!! Hallmark’s A RING BY SPRING!! Lifetime’s A TRIP TO BOUNTIFUL!! Herc’s Saturday TV Talkback!! -- 18 total posts 18 posts
- Karen Gillan has Night Terrors in this First OCULUS Clip! -- 17 total posts 17 posts
- Nordling Reviews THE GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL! -- 100 total posts 15 posts
- New Trailer for Jim Jarmusch's ONLY LOVERS LEFT ALIVE! -- 12 total posts 12 posts