Muldoon's got a Kevin Smith autographed WEEKENDER poster for you!
Hello ladies and gentlemen, I hope you fine folks are having a lovely Wednesday so far. To kick this hump day up a notch, I've got a quick contest for the folks out there who'd be interested in a badass WEEKENDER poster signed by Kevin Smith paired with a soundtrack of the film. "Muldoon! What the hell is WEEKENDER?" Glad you asked, here's a bit of info on the project:
"Who's in it?"
Jack O’Connell (300: Rise of an Empire, “Skins”), Emily Barclay (Legend of the Guardians), Sam Hazeldine (Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason, The Raven), Henry Lloyd-Hughes (The Inbetweeners, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire)
"What's it about?"
Chosen by the man himself, the Kevin Smith Movie Club presents Weekender. The rave scene has arrived from Ibiza and warehouse parties are exploding across the UK bringing phenomenal wealth to the organizers. In Manchester, best friends Matt and Dylan are in their early 20s and want to be a part of this social scene. They are taken on a wild journey from the exclusive VIP rooms of London clubs to the outrageous parties in Ibiza super-villas. But as their success continues to grow, they attract a more dark and sinister world.
"Sounds cool enough, so how can I get that poster/soundtrack combo?"
Simple, just shoot me an email (Mike@aintitcool.com) with the subject "Who got that corndog?" (And if you know that context... Bonus points!). In the body of the email, just give me a sentence or two about why you'd want it. "So I can ebay it" isn't a good answer, but "I've been a fan of Smith's since the early days. My wife and I love JERSEY GIRL and would frame that thing in a heartbeat" would be a nice idea. I can't shake the vibe that Smith doesn't care for movie blog sites (I could be way off), and hell - I can't really blame the guy, but I'm a legit fan of the dude and am jealous I can't get in on this little contest (blasted conflict of interest!). At any rate, I'll email the winner tomorrow, so if by 12:00PM CST tomorrow (9/19/13) you haven't heard back from me, sorry - maybe next time! Now to put all the cards on the table, winners should not expect the poster for about a month, so if you don't get it the next week, please don't think I'm blowing you off, it's not exactly my call.
*I have not yet seen this film, so I'm literally going on the cast and Kevin Smith's involvement when it comes to excitement about the project. If you have seen it, feel free to shoot your thoughts off in the Talkbacks below, good or bad: be honest, just please don't be an ass.*
- Mike McCutchen
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Robin Williams May Return As Mrs. Doubtfire! -- 115 total posts 66 posts
- Who wants to see one of GODZILLA's opponents from the new film!?! (In toy form) -- 221 total posts 61 posts
- Set photos from the set of STAR WARS EPISODE VII in Abu Dhabi?! What's that big round disc they're rolling around?? -- 192 total posts 33 posts
- There's some cross-promotion going on in the credits of AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2, and it's not hinting at what you think! -- 77 total posts 32 posts
- Denzel Washington Walks In The Middle Of The Street In THE EQUALIZER Teaser Poster! -- 56 total posts 26 posts
- Re-Revised X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST Casting Re-Adds A Mutant!! -- 141 total posts 22 posts
- 3rd Official X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST trailer hits - and it is a big one!!! -- 509 total posts 13 posts
- Some Wicked Cool Stills For The Upcoming BATMAN: ARKHAM KNIGHT Game!! -- 157 total posts 9 posts
- ‘There Is Only One Hell!!’ Stannis, Davos, Melissandre, Varys, Bran, Hodor, Reek And The Bastard Of Bolton Return For Tonight’s Big Second GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 340 total posts 9 posts
- AICN COMICS - OPINIONS ARE LIKE @$$HOLES: Optimous Douche dissects DC’s New 52 so far! -- 8 total posts 8 posts