Muldoon's got a Kevin Smith autographed WEEKENDER poster for you!
Hello ladies and gentlemen, I hope you fine folks are having a lovely Wednesday so far. To kick this hump day up a notch, I've got a quick contest for the folks out there who'd be interested in a badass WEEKENDER poster signed by Kevin Smith paired with a soundtrack of the film. "Muldoon! What the hell is WEEKENDER?" Glad you asked, here's a bit of info on the project:
"Who's in it?"
Jack O’Connell (300: Rise of an Empire, “Skins”), Emily Barclay (Legend of the Guardians), Sam Hazeldine (Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason, The Raven), Henry Lloyd-Hughes (The Inbetweeners, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire)
"What's it about?"
Chosen by the man himself, the Kevin Smith Movie Club presents Weekender. The rave scene has arrived from Ibiza and warehouse parties are exploding across the UK bringing phenomenal wealth to the organizers. In Manchester, best friends Matt and Dylan are in their early 20s and want to be a part of this social scene. They are taken on a wild journey from the exclusive VIP rooms of London clubs to the outrageous parties in Ibiza super-villas. But as their success continues to grow, they attract a more dark and sinister world.
"Sounds cool enough, so how can I get that poster/soundtrack combo?"
Simple, just shoot me an email (Mike@aintitcool.com) with the subject "Who got that corndog?" (And if you know that context... Bonus points!). In the body of the email, just give me a sentence or two about why you'd want it. "So I can ebay it" isn't a good answer, but "I've been a fan of Smith's since the early days. My wife and I love JERSEY GIRL and would frame that thing in a heartbeat" would be a nice idea. I can't shake the vibe that Smith doesn't care for movie blog sites (I could be way off), and hell - I can't really blame the guy, but I'm a legit fan of the dude and am jealous I can't get in on this little contest (blasted conflict of interest!). At any rate, I'll email the winner tomorrow, so if by 12:00PM CST tomorrow (9/19/13) you haven't heard back from me, sorry - maybe next time! Now to put all the cards on the table, winners should not expect the poster for about a month, so if you don't get it the next week, please don't think I'm blowing you off, it's not exactly my call.
*I have not yet seen this film, so I'm literally going on the cast and Kevin Smith's involvement when it comes to excitement about the project. If you have seen it, feel free to shoot your thoughts off in the Talkbacks below, good or bad: be honest, just please don't be an ass.*
- Mike McCutchen
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Darker ZORRO Reboot Finds its Writer! -- 212 total posts 8 posts
- Fox Renews For Next Season THE MINDY PROJECT, THE FOLLOWING, BROOKLYN NINE-NINE And NEW GIRL!! -- 24 total posts 7 posts
- Will the sun come out tomorrow!?! The first trailer for the remake of ANNIE is here! -- 567 total posts 5 posts
- Learn What Happens Next On HBO’s GAME OF THRONES!! -- 80 total posts 4 posts
- Karen Gillan has Night Terrors in this First OCULUS Clip! -- 4 total posts 4 posts
- First clip from Jon Favreau's CHEF, premiering at SXSW! Favs vs. Twitter! -- 20 total posts 3 posts
- SXSW 2014: Jeremy Finds THAT GUY DICK MILLER A Warm, Worthy Tribute To A National Treasure! -- 9 total posts 3 posts
- AICN Legends: Quint chats up Kurt Russell about everything from Walt Disney to John Carpenter! -- 147 total posts 2 posts
- New Trailer for Jim Jarmusch's ONLY LOVERS LEFT ALIVE! -- 2 total posts 2 posts
- Idris Elba to voice a great, big, bloody Bengal tiger by the name of Shere Khan in Jon Favreau's JUNGLE BOOK! -- 89 total posts 2 posts