Trailer for Concert Thriller GRAND PIANO, Starring Elijah Wood!
Hey guys! Horrorella here...
Elijah Wood has been involved with some really interesting projects lately. He had the first-person-perspective MANIAC remake earlier this year, last week we posted the trailer for OPEN WINDOWS, which will be told primarily through the use of computer screens, and now we have a real-time thriller set against the background of a classical concert in GRAND PIANO.
Wood will be playing a concert pianist who is hitting the stage for the first time since a debilitating bout of stage fright. The night proves to be more than a simple foray into classical music, however, when he finds a note in his sheet music informing him that he will be killed onstage if he plays a single note wrong - a threat that is backed up by the telltale laser sight dancing around the stage.
The trailer is dubbed completely in Spanish, but the language of horror is universal, and it's pretty easy to see what's going on. The film co-stars John Cusack, who appears near the end of the trailer. I am choosing to believe that he is reprising his role as Martin Blank, and not a damn thing will convince me otherwise.
GRAND PIANO was directed by Eugenio Mira and will play at Fantastic Fest later this week. I'm looking forward to hearing how it is received there. Hopefully, we'll hear some distribution news as well.
Here is the plot synopsis from Fantastic Fest:
Taking a page out of the book of incredible film history feats like HIGH NOON, the bulk of the movie takes place in near-real time over the course of a high stakes classical music concert. It’s here that our hero makes his long-awaited return to performing after being stricken with stage fright at a show five years ago. Lured by the chance to honor his long-time instructor in a program showcasing some of his hardest works, the reluctantly musician accepts the concert, knowing full on that it means tackling the infamous “unplayable piece.” The lights go down and the concert begins with a few warm up selections, but something strange is happening inside the score on the piano. As the pages are turned, text begins to appear, defining a very clear threat – “Play a wrong note and you die.”
What do you guys think?
Follow me on Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- We have the first trailer for THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 right here and it hints towards some pretty exciting things!! -- 524 total posts 524 posts
- Bryan Singer signals... the APOCALYPSE... X-MEN fans should be getting giddy! -- 202 total posts 202 posts
- So The MAN OF STEEL Sequel Has (At Least) A Third Superhero In It... -- 690 total posts 149 posts
- Universal Releases A Nice Tribute To Paul Walker... -- 89 total posts 89 posts
- Beatles' manager Brian Epstein to get his own flick, entitled THE FIFTH BEATLE! -- 111 total posts 84 posts
- LIFE OF PI Scribe David Magee to Pen New NARNIA Film! -- 83 total posts 83 posts
- Trailer and Release Date for NURSE 3D! -- 55 total posts 55 posts
- This New HOBBIT Production Diary Shows Us Laketown, Smaug Bits, And Table Tennis Playing Middle Earthers!! -- 50 total posts 50 posts
- Joe Dante's Making A New Movie Called BURYING THE EX And You Can Be A Part Of It! -- 53 total posts 48 posts
- WARCRAFT is getting its cast together! Adds Ben Foster, Dominic Cooper, Toby Kebbell, and more! -- 89 total posts 46 posts