Trailer for Concert Thriller GRAND PIANO, Starring Elijah Wood!
Hey guys! Horrorella here...
Elijah Wood has been involved with some really interesting projects lately. He had the first-person-perspective MANIAC remake earlier this year, last week we posted the trailer for OPEN WINDOWS, which will be told primarily through the use of computer screens, and now we have a real-time thriller set against the background of a classical concert in GRAND PIANO.
Wood will be playing a concert pianist who is hitting the stage for the first time since a debilitating bout of stage fright. The night proves to be more than a simple foray into classical music, however, when he finds a note in his sheet music informing him that he will be killed onstage if he plays a single note wrong - a threat that is backed up by the telltale laser sight dancing around the stage.
The trailer is dubbed completely in Spanish, but the language of horror is universal, and it's pretty easy to see what's going on. The film co-stars John Cusack, who appears near the end of the trailer. I am choosing to believe that he is reprising his role as Martin Blank, and not a damn thing will convince me otherwise.
GRAND PIANO was directed by Eugenio Mira and will play at Fantastic Fest later this week. I'm looking forward to hearing how it is received there. Hopefully, we'll hear some distribution news as well.
Here is the plot synopsis from Fantastic Fest:
Taking a page out of the book of incredible film history feats like HIGH NOON, the bulk of the movie takes place in near-real time over the course of a high stakes classical music concert. It’s here that our hero makes his long-awaited return to performing after being stricken with stage fright at a show five years ago. Lured by the chance to honor his long-time instructor in a program showcasing some of his hardest works, the reluctantly musician accepts the concert, knowing full on that it means tackling the infamous “unplayable piece.” The lights go down and the concert begins with a few warm up selections, but something strange is happening inside the score on the piano. As the pages are turned, text begins to appear, defining a very clear threat – “Play a wrong note and you die.”
What do you guys think?
Follow me on Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Jason Momoa to potentially play Doomsday in the upcoming BATMAN/SUPERMAN film!?!? -- 133 total posts 133 posts
- The Trailer For The Wachowskis' JUPITER ASCENDING! -- 175 total posts 54 posts
- A sequel to JACK REACHER is on the way! -- 106 total posts 47 posts
- Nordling Recaps BNAT 15! -- 145 total posts 31 posts
- The Next STAR TREK!! Variety Says ATTACK THE BLOCK’s Joe Cornish Is Not Directing And Alex Kurtzman Is Not Writing!! -- 338 total posts 22 posts
- Peter Berg Says No New FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS Movie -- 133 total posts 15 posts
- Images From Matt Smith's Final DOCTOR WHO Episode - 'The Time of the Doctor'!! -- 70 total posts 10 posts
- Big SPOILERS for X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST and APOCALYPSE as new rumors suggest a familiar face will be playing the role of APOCALYPSE!! -- 507 total posts 9 posts
- And The Apparent Title Of The Next TERMINATOR Movie Is... -- 359 total posts 8 posts
- Disney can now make new Indiana Jones Movies!!! But what about Paramount? -- 542 total posts 6 posts