Leonardo DiCaprio to Produce, Star in Woodrow Wilson Biopic!
Hey guys! Horrorella here...
Last year's LINCOLN may have kicked off a wave of presidential biopics, as Woodrow Wilson is the next former leader in line for movie treatment. THR reports that Leonardo DiCaprio is set to produce and star in an adaptation of Scott Berg's new biography (Wilson) on the 28th president.
Berg's book has been generally well-reviewed, but has been noted as painting a rather "heroic, larger-than-life" version of Wilson and downplaying his more controversial aspects, such as his weak stance on civil liberties. But there are still plenty of noteworthy moments from his time as president that would make interesting subjects for film, including the creation of the Federal Reserve, his support for the Treaty of Versailles and the League of Nations, and the entry of the United States into World War I.
Here is a description of Berg's book, via Amazon:
One hundred years after his inauguration, Woodrow Wilson still stands as one of the most influential figures of the twentieth century, and one of the most enigmatic. And now, after more than a decade of research and writing, Pulitzer Prize-winning author A. Scott Berg has completed Wilson--the most personal and penetrating biography ever written about the 28th President.
In addition to the hundreds of thousands of documents in the Wilson Archives, Berg was the first biographer to gain access to two recently-discovered caches of papers belonging to those close to Wilson. From this material, Berg was able to add countless details--even several unknown events--that fill in missing pieces of Wilson’s character and cast new light on his entire life.
From the scholar-President who ushered the country through its first great world war to the man of intense passion and turbulence , from the idealist determined to make the world “safe for democracy” to the stroke-crippled leader whose incapacity and the subterfuges around it were among the century’s greatest secrets, the result is an intimate portrait written with a particularly contemporary point of view – a book at once magisterial and deeply emotional about the whole of Wilson’s life, accomplishments, and failings. This is not just Wilson the icon – but Wilson the man.
Follow me on Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 159 total posts 134 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 122 total posts 78 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 180 total posts 37 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 556 total posts 33 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 176 total posts 19 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 104 total posts 14 posts
- ‘There Is Only One Hell!!’ Stannis, Davos, Melissandre, Varys, Bran, Hodor, Reek And The Bastard Of Bolton Return For Tonight’s Big Second GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 355 total posts 8 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 191 total posts 7 posts
- Check Out Thomas Haden Church in this Trailer for WHITEWASH! -- 63 total posts 7 posts
- In Many Ways We Need Each Other!! Graham & Lecter Reform Their Crimefighting Team On HANNIBAL!! New WHOSE, FIVE-0, BLOODS, UNFORGETTABLE, DIXIE, GUNS, LAST & SMACKDOWN!! Return Of THE WRITERS’ ROOM!! HANGER 1 Finale!! Shatner On CRAIG!! Herc’s Friday TV Talkback!! -- 26 total posts 6 posts