Leonardo DiCaprio to Produce, Star in Woodrow Wilson Biopic!
Hey guys! Horrorella here...
Last year's LINCOLN may have kicked off a wave of presidential biopics, as Woodrow Wilson is the next former leader in line for movie treatment. THR reports that Leonardo DiCaprio is set to produce and star in an adaptation of Scott Berg's new biography (Wilson) on the 28th president.
Berg's book has been generally well-reviewed, but has been noted as painting a rather "heroic, larger-than-life" version of Wilson and downplaying his more controversial aspects, such as his weak stance on civil liberties. But there are still plenty of noteworthy moments from his time as president that would make interesting subjects for film, including the creation of the Federal Reserve, his support for the Treaty of Versailles and the League of Nations, and the entry of the United States into World War I.
Here is a description of Berg's book, via Amazon:
One hundred years after his inauguration, Woodrow Wilson still stands as one of the most influential figures of the twentieth century, and one of the most enigmatic. And now, after more than a decade of research and writing, Pulitzer Prize-winning author A. Scott Berg has completed Wilson--the most personal and penetrating biography ever written about the 28th President.
In addition to the hundreds of thousands of documents in the Wilson Archives, Berg was the first biographer to gain access to two recently-discovered caches of papers belonging to those close to Wilson. From this material, Berg was able to add countless details--even several unknown events--that fill in missing pieces of Wilson’s character and cast new light on his entire life.
From the scholar-President who ushered the country through its first great world war to the man of intense passion and turbulence , from the idealist determined to make the world “safe for democracy” to the stroke-crippled leader whose incapacity and the subterfuges around it were among the century’s greatest secrets, the result is an intimate portrait written with a particularly contemporary point of view – a book at once magisterial and deeply emotional about the whole of Wilson’s life, accomplishments, and failings. This is not just Wilson the icon – but Wilson the man.
Follow me on Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Filed under "you're damn right it's 2014," Kevin Smith to direct Johnny Depp in YOGA HOSERS!! -- 227 total posts 37 posts
- Trailer for New Stephen King Thriller, A GOOD MARRIAGE! -- 31 total posts 23 posts
- Here’s Our First Official Image From The ANT-MAN Movie!! -- 285 total posts 13 posts
- SHERLOCK’s Benedict Cumberbatch To Play Another Khan In Warner Bros’ JUNGLE BOOK Movie!! -- 100 total posts 11 posts
- The OLYMPUS HAS FALLEN sequel, LONDON HAS FALLEN gets a director and rumored synopsis! -- 175 total posts 7 posts
- A Tuesday MiniDocback Brings DOCTOR WHO S8 Promo Images, Moffat's MicroSynopses For S8 Eps, A Look At The New York & Mexican Premieres Of ‘Deep Breath’, And More!! -- 20 total posts 7 posts
- Drew McWeeny Drops By For The Latest Episode Of "Fire Talk With Me"! Blu-ray Contest Winner Announced! -- 22 total posts 5 posts
- Check Out the International Poster for HORNS! -- 30 total posts 4 posts
- New Images from ROSEWATER, Starring Gael Garcia Bernal! -- 26 total posts 4 posts
1918-2014 -- 34 total posts 4 posts