Willem Dafoe and Keanu Reeves to play dueling hitmen in JOHN WICK!
Papa Vinyard here, now here's a little somethin' for ya...
Deadline has reported that Willem Dafoe will be joining Keanu Reeves on his hitman flick JOHN WICK. WICK has Keanu playing the title character, a contract killer who gets out of the biz when his wife gets caught in the line of fire. But then…they killed his dog! After a random criminal blows up his car and his beloved canine (which was a gift from the late wife), WICK sets off to hunt the bastard down to teach him a thing or two about manners n' such. Turns out the crook's connected, and before you know it, Wick's old assassin buddy (played by Dafoe) is the one taking the contract out on him! As M. Night would say, "What a twist!"
First time feature-film directors Chad Stahelski and David Leitch are stunt guys, having collaborated on the stuntwork for films like SPEED RACER, 300, and SERENITY, and Stahelski helped choreograph Reeves' own upcoming beat-'em-up MAN OF TAI CHI (which is awesome). The writer, Derek Kolstad, has scripted a couple of Dolph Lundgren DTV actioners, THE PACKAGE and ONE IN THE CHAMBER. None of them have worked in their respective capacities on a relatively high-profile gig like this before, but if they can bring their pulpy, stunt-heavy sensibilities to the table, it could be a cool action vehicle to let Reeves and Dafoe really dig into their tough-guy bag-o'-tricks. I like the idea of those two actors going head to head, and this seems like a good venue for them to do so.
Plus…the film's about Reeves getting revenge on the bastard that killed his dog! I can't be alone in thinking that the premise has potential for some really killer action-comedy, right?
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of INSIDE LLEWYN DAVIS, OUT OF THE FURNACE, FROZEN, NEBRASKA And The Latest WALKING DEAD And RETURNED, The First Big-Screen Wonder Woman and More!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 10pm PT / Sunday 1am ET!! -- 491 total posts 344 posts
- Disney can now make new Indiana Jones Movies!!! But what about Paramount? -- 452 total posts 83 posts
- Big SPOILERS for X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST and APOCALYPSE as new rumors suggest a familiar face will be playing the role of APOCALYPSE!! -- 399 total posts 48 posts
- The Annual Official Fake BUTT-NUMB-A-THON 15 List!!! Plus other things like STANDBY news! -- 160 total posts 46 posts
- Jerry Bruckheimer has returned to Paramount and Brett Ratner's BEVERLY HILLS COP IV is now on the way (again)! -- 200 total posts 24 posts
- Penultimate HOMELAND!! New BURGERS, SIMPSONS, GUY, DAD, MENTALIST, ONCE, REVENGE, BETRAYAL, TREME & SEX!! Mandela On 60 MINUTES!! AMAZING RACE Finale!! Last MENTALIST Of 2013!! BONNIE & CLYDE Premiere!! Herc's Sunday TV Talkback!! -- 17 total posts 17 posts
- The Friday Docback Rounds Up This Week's DOCTOR WHO News!! 50th Celebration, 'Time of the Doctor,' HornOrSilk Reviews 'The Assassination Games' Big Finish Audio, And More!! -- 60 total posts 13 posts
- SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES Writers Developing New TERMINATOR TV Series!! -- 91 total posts 13 posts
- Fox To Dabble In Shared X-MEN / FF Movieverse!?!? -- 210 total posts 12 posts
- Two More NYMPHOMANIAC Posters... -- 86 total posts 5 posts