Willem Dafoe and Keanu Reeves to play dueling hitmen in JOHN WICK!
Papa Vinyard here, now here's a little somethin' for ya...
Deadline has reported that Willem Dafoe will be joining Keanu Reeves on his hitman flick JOHN WICK. WICK has Keanu playing the title character, a contract killer who gets out of the biz when his wife gets caught in the line of fire. But then…they killed his dog! After a random criminal blows up his car and his beloved canine (which was a gift from the late wife), WICK sets off to hunt the bastard down to teach him a thing or two about manners n' such. Turns out the crook's connected, and before you know it, Wick's old assassin buddy (played by Dafoe) is the one taking the contract out on him! As M. Night would say, "What a twist!"
First time feature-film directors Chad Stahelski and David Leitch are stunt guys, having collaborated on the stuntwork for films like SPEED RACER, 300, and SERENITY, and Stahelski helped choreograph Reeves' own upcoming beat-'em-up MAN OF TAI CHI (which is awesome). The writer, Derek Kolstad, has scripted a couple of Dolph Lundgren DTV actioners, THE PACKAGE and ONE IN THE CHAMBER. None of them have worked in their respective capacities on a relatively high-profile gig like this before, but if they can bring their pulpy, stunt-heavy sensibilities to the table, it could be a cool action vehicle to let Reeves and Dafoe really dig into their tough-guy bag-o'-tricks. I like the idea of those two actors going head to head, and this seems like a good venue for them to do so.
Plus…the film's about Reeves getting revenge on the bastard that killed his dog! I can't be alone in thinking that the premise has potential for some really killer action-comedy, right?
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of The First Jack Bauer 24 Adventure Since 2010!! Plus GAME OF THRONES, MAD MEN, HANNIBAL, AGENTS OF SHIELD, And More!! And The Return Of FX MOVIE DOWNLOAD Star Sasha Perl-Raver!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 296 total posts 146 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 300 total posts 19 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 575 total posts 9 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 225 total posts 5 posts
- MTV Movie Awards drops an opening scene from X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST! And it rocks! -- 317 total posts 4 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 194 total posts 4 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 249 total posts 3 posts
- This Week's Saturday Shorts: Parkour, Compliments, and Getting Pooped on! -- 2 total posts 2 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 195 total posts 2 posts
- Stallone Talks EXPENDABLES Casting Approach!! Nicholson!?!? -- 288 total posts 2 posts