Willem Dafoe and Keanu Reeves to play dueling hitmen in JOHN WICK!
Papa Vinyard here, now here's a little somethin' for ya...
Deadline has reported that Willem Dafoe will be joining Keanu Reeves on his hitman flick JOHN WICK. WICK has Keanu playing the title character, a contract killer who gets out of the biz when his wife gets caught in the line of fire. But then…they killed his dog! After a random criminal blows up his car and his beloved canine (which was a gift from the late wife), WICK sets off to hunt the bastard down to teach him a thing or two about manners n' such. Turns out the crook's connected, and before you know it, Wick's old assassin buddy (played by Dafoe) is the one taking the contract out on him! As M. Night would say, "What a twist!"
First time feature-film directors Chad Stahelski and David Leitch are stunt guys, having collaborated on the stuntwork for films like SPEED RACER, 300, and SERENITY, and Stahelski helped choreograph Reeves' own upcoming beat-'em-up MAN OF TAI CHI (which is awesome). The writer, Derek Kolstad, has scripted a couple of Dolph Lundgren DTV actioners, THE PACKAGE and ONE IN THE CHAMBER. None of them have worked in their respective capacities on a relatively high-profile gig like this before, but if they can bring their pulpy, stunt-heavy sensibilities to the table, it could be a cool action vehicle to let Reeves and Dafoe really dig into their tough-guy bag-o'-tricks. I like the idea of those two actors going head to head, and this seems like a good venue for them to do so.
Plus…the film's about Reeves getting revenge on the bastard that killed his dog! I can't be alone in thinking that the premise has potential for some really killer action-comedy, right?
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Darker ZORRO Reboot Finds its Writer! -- 189 total posts 189 posts
- Nordling Reviews THE GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL! -- 84 total posts 82 posts
- Learn What Happens Next On HBO’s GAME OF THRONES!! -- 75 total posts 75 posts
- Idris Elba to voice a great, big, bloody Bengal tiger by the name of Shere Khan in Jon Favreau's JUNGLE BOOK! -- 86 total posts 60 posts
- Sam Raimi to produce an adaptation of THE LAST OF US!!! -- 150 total posts 46 posts
- From The Director Of GRAVITY!! The First Two Minutes Of NBC And Bad Robot’s BELIEVE!! -- 45 total posts 45 posts
- Jeremy Returns With More Tales From The CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER Set! -- 71 total posts 45 posts
- "Just another Saturday night" Marv and company are back in the first trailer for SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR!! -- 185 total posts 43 posts
- Eric Bana Wants to DELIVER US FROM EVIL in this New Trailer! -- 43 total posts 43 posts
- Merrick Stands Up In The Milky Way To Be Pummeled By The Greatness Of COSMOS: A SPACETIME ODYSSEY!! -- 39 total posts 39 posts