Willem Dafoe and Keanu Reeves to play dueling hitmen in JOHN WICK!
Papa Vinyard here, now here's a little somethin' for ya...
Deadline has reported that Willem Dafoe will be joining Keanu Reeves on his hitman flick JOHN WICK. WICK has Keanu playing the title character, a contract killer who gets out of the biz when his wife gets caught in the line of fire. But then…they killed his dog! After a random criminal blows up his car and his beloved canine (which was a gift from the late wife), WICK sets off to hunt the bastard down to teach him a thing or two about manners n' such. Turns out the crook's connected, and before you know it, Wick's old assassin buddy (played by Dafoe) is the one taking the contract out on him! As M. Night would say, "What a twist!"
First time feature-film directors Chad Stahelski and David Leitch are stunt guys, having collaborated on the stuntwork for films like SPEED RACER, 300, and SERENITY, and Stahelski helped choreograph Reeves' own upcoming beat-'em-up MAN OF TAI CHI (which is awesome). The writer, Derek Kolstad, has scripted a couple of Dolph Lundgren DTV actioners, THE PACKAGE and ONE IN THE CHAMBER. None of them have worked in their respective capacities on a relatively high-profile gig like this before, but if they can bring their pulpy, stunt-heavy sensibilities to the table, it could be a cool action vehicle to let Reeves and Dafoe really dig into their tough-guy bag-o'-tricks. I like the idea of those two actors going head to head, and this seems like a good venue for them to do so.
Plus…the film's about Reeves getting revenge on the bastard that killed his dog! I can't be alone in thinking that the premise has potential for some really killer action-comedy, right?
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Co-Director Anthony Russo Is Teasing, What, Exactly, Regarding CAPTAIN AMERICA 3?? -- 177 total posts 177 posts
- A biker gang, Gipsy Danger, and now Charlie Hunnam will command the KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND RABLE as King Arthur! -- 219 total posts 167 posts
- Martin Scorsese May Make A Film About One Of America's Greatest Bands! Gabba Gabba Hey! -- 206 total posts 99 posts
- A Few Promo Images From EXODUS: GODS AND KINGS Bring Ridleyish Spectacle!! -- 97 total posts 97 posts
- Is this what Doctor Doom looks like in Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR?! -- 83 total posts 83 posts
- Jeff Bridges’ Long Delayed SEVENTH SON Gets A Trailer, A Poster, And February!! -- 70 total posts 70 posts
- Warner Bros. is moving quickly on getting the Looney Tunes characters and ACME back on the big screen! -- 106 total posts 53 posts
- Two Clips From DOCTOR WHO S08E02: ‘Into the Dalek’!! -- 68 total posts 46 posts
- Our first look at the main character from Pixar's INSIDE OUT! -- 98 total posts 45 posts
- Here’s BBC’s Synopsis Of DOCTOR WHO S08E03: “Robots of Sherwood’ !! -- 43 total posts 43 posts