We have the first trailer for the Jason Statham vs. James Franco action-thriller, HOMEFRONT!
Hey Yo, Draven here.
We finally get the answer to the conudrum of who the bigger badass is, Jason Staham or James Franco? And it all is because of a playground fight between two young children. That pretty much sums up this first trailer for the Sylvester Stallone written, Gary Fleder (KISS THE GIRLS, THE EXPRESS) directed action-thriller. Yahoo premiered it and we have it for you:
It looks like a pretty clichéd action film but it has Jason Statham kicking things and James Franco portraying an over the top villain so I will be there opening day. Plus, with Stallone the only credited screenwriter (pretty crazy, I know), it pretty much guarantees there will be an old school badass feel to it. (I am just disappointed he didn’t actually direct the thing.)
The playground fight setting the whole thing in motion is silly but as long as they make Franco and his alligator tattoo seem like a credible threat I will get over that. But, here is a new poster (seriously, the Stars & Stripes on Statham's denim jacket is amazing) for the film and the official plot synopsis (as if it matters):
"Former drug enforcement agent, Phil Broker (Statham), a family man who moves off the grid with his daughter, to a seemingly quiet bayou backwater to escape his troubled past. However, Broker’s world soon becomes anything but quiet once he discovers that an underbelly of drugs and violence riddles the small town. Soon, a sociopathic methamphetamine kingpin, Gator Bodine (Franco) puts Broker and his daughter in harm’s way forcing Broker back into action in order to save his family and the town."
Give thanks for Jason Statham and his ass kicking ability when HOMEFRONT opens in theaters on November 27, 2013.
Follow me on Twitter here!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Two New AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Comic-Con Posters Reveal… -- 302 total posts 302 posts
- UPDATED! Has Marvel's DOCTOR STRANGE Casting Search Gone To Phoenix? -- 194 total posts 194 posts
- SDCC '14: Another snap of Batfleck from BATMAN V SUPERMAN! -- 366 total posts 139 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint talks about the surprisingly good 5-ish minutes of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles shown at the Con! -- 120 total posts 120 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint has seen the new Interstellar trailer! Plus The Rock and Spongebob stuff! -- 120 total posts 120 posts
- Mark Hamill referred to his beard for STAR WARS: EPISODE VII as "contractually-obligated"!! Does that confirm what we've been hearing?? -- 294 total posts 110 posts
- Footage of discarded concept art, interviews with Tim Burton and Kevin Smith, and Nicolas Cage in flight in this trailer for THE DEATH OF SUPERMAN LIVES! -- 88 total posts 88 posts
- FIFTY SHADES OF GREY Trailer Is Like Daaaaayuuuuuuum! -- 320 total posts 74 posts
- "This is a classic alternate reality situation...like FRINGE!" Get wet with the red-band trailer for HOT TUB TIME MACHINE 2! -- 126 total posts 73 posts
- Patrick Wilson drops out of ANT-MAN!! -- 67 total posts 67 posts