We have the first trailer for the Jason Statham vs. James Franco action-thriller, HOMEFRONT!
Hey Yo, Draven here.
We finally get the answer to the conudrum of who the bigger badass is, Jason Staham or James Franco? And it all is because of a playground fight between two young children. That pretty much sums up this first trailer for the Sylvester Stallone written, Gary Fleder (KISS THE GIRLS, THE EXPRESS) directed action-thriller. Yahoo premiered it and we have it for you:
It looks like a pretty clichéd action film but it has Jason Statham kicking things and James Franco portraying an over the top villain so I will be there opening day. Plus, with Stallone the only credited screenwriter (pretty crazy, I know), it pretty much guarantees there will be an old school badass feel to it. (I am just disappointed he didn’t actually direct the thing.)
The playground fight setting the whole thing in motion is silly but as long as they make Franco and his alligator tattoo seem like a credible threat I will get over that. But, here is a new poster (seriously, the Stars & Stripes on Statham's denim jacket is amazing) for the film and the official plot synopsis (as if it matters):
"Former drug enforcement agent, Phil Broker (Statham), a family man who moves off the grid with his daughter, to a seemingly quiet bayou backwater to escape his troubled past. However, Broker’s world soon becomes anything but quiet once he discovers that an underbelly of drugs and violence riddles the small town. Soon, a sociopathic methamphetamine kingpin, Gator Bodine (Franco) puts Broker and his daughter in harm’s way forcing Broker back into action in order to save his family and the town."
Give thanks for Jason Statham and his ass kicking ability when HOMEFRONT opens in theaters on November 27, 2013.
Follow me on Twitter here!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- There Will Soon Be No More Orci / Kurtzman Movies!?!? + One Of Them Is Pushing To Direct The Third JJVerse STAR TREK Film!! -- 391 total posts 54 posts
- BARBIE. The Movie. -- 151 total posts 21 posts
- UPDATED (21:55): Trailer taken down by IFC! The trailer for BOYHOOD takes us through a decade-plus of the life of young lead actor Ellan Coltrane! -- 27 total posts 19 posts
- They're going to have to look for another MIDNIGHT RIDER, because after that tragedy, William Hurt ain't stickin' around! -- 47 total posts 18 posts
- Tom Hardy (as twins) and Emily Browning to star in Brian Helgeland's gangster flick, LEGEND! -- 25 total posts 16 posts
- The First Official BTS Shots From JURASSIC WORLD Are Here!! -- 82 total posts 14 posts
- "Where do you stand on Michael Buble?" "His windpipe?" Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon have more celebrity impressions up their sleeves in THE TRIP TO ITALY trailer! -- 36 total posts 14 posts
- Robert Downey Jr. seems to be tweeting a picture a day from the set of Avengers: Age of Ultron... -- 112 total posts 11 posts
- Check Out the Trailer for EJECTA - From PONTYPOOL Scribe Tony Burgess! -- 17 total posts 10 posts
- Mowgli to have friends like Scarlett Johansson and Lupita Nyong'o in Jon Favreau's JUNGLE BOOK! -- 44 total posts 8 posts