Eli Roth's The Green Inferno picked up by Open Road!
Word out of its Toronto premiere is that Roth delivered a supremely disturbing cannibal gore-fest, which was to be expected. What's really got me pumped is that I've seen almost universal positive reaction from my critic friends, many of whom aren't fans of Mr. Roth's previous efforts. If he can win over some of these guys then that speaks very well to the quality of his little cannibal film.
If I were a betting man, I'd wager that Open Road will be selling this movie as a “you have to see it to believe it” kind of crazy event. Instead of enticing the general public to come to the movie, they should dare them to experience it. Cannibal movies not featuring Anthony Hopkins aren't traditionally huge earners, so they've got to do something to really pique the interest of the public. If the movie's as good as I hear it is, that's half the battle won right there. The rest is on the marketing department to get asses in seats.
Fingers crossed The Green Inferno makes a surprise appearance at Fantastic Fest!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Chats Up BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER / ED WOOD Icon (And Hollywood Royalty) Juliet Landau!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 10pm PT / Sunday 1am ET!! -- 356 total posts 329 posts
- Fox Renews For Next Season THE MINDY PROJECT, THE FOLLOWING, BROOKLYN NINE-NINE And NEW GIRL!! -- 61 total posts 7 posts
- Quint eats up Jon Favreau's CHEF, opening night flick of SXSW 2014! -- 33 total posts 5 posts
- Harry shares Day 1 of SXSW which stars Jon Favreau's utterly delicious CHEF!!! -- 134 total posts 5 posts
- ‘He’s Worse Than Anybody!!’ Sunday Brings HBO’s Season Finale Of TRUE DETECTIVE!! -- 5 total posts 5 posts
- Darker ZORRO Reboot Finds its Writer! -- 257 total posts 4 posts
- Michael Fassbender makes experimental music from behind a giant papier-mache head in this trailer for FRANK! -- 56 total posts 3 posts
- Learn What Happens Next On HBO’s GAME OF THRONES!! -- 140 total posts 3 posts
- ‘We Got Six Bullets!!’ Sunday Brings WALKING DEAD 4.13!! -- 3 total posts 3 posts
- The Friday Docback Is Chilly Towards ‘The Ice Warriors’!! DOCTOR WHO Story #39, HornOrSilk Reviews The ‘Dark Eyes’ 2.1 / 2.2 Big Finish Audio, And More!! -- 28 total posts 2 posts