JURASSIC WORLD Pitch Trailer Suggests Living With Dinosaurs Would Kinda Suck!
Last night, we learned that the fourth installment of the JURASSIC PARK series will be called JURASSIC WORLD, leading everyone to speculate that this will be the film that finally gives the audience what they've wanted since the first movie: a full-on global dino crisis. Enough of this Isla Nublar shit; let's unleash these resurrected bad boys and girls on the public at large (and do it with a little more flair than the end of THE LOST WORLD).
That's the task before JURASSIC WORLD director Colin Trevorrow, who also co-wrote the screenplay with Derek Connolly. To get a taste of how this might go down, here's a two-years-old pitch trailer for JURASSIC WORLD back when another director was going to call the shots (the claim that this is for a scrapped video game is a cover). This reel was presented at last July's STAR WARS Celebration in Germany by concept artist Iain McCaig (creator of Darth Maul). According to McCaig, "it certainly got Steven interested in dinosaurs again." I'm generally not a fan of Spielberg getting back in the sequel business at this point in his career, but there's a part of me that would've loved to have seen him cut loose on a large-scale dino flick.
Instead we'll get a great big monster movie from young Mr. Trevorrow, whose only previous feature is the very small SAFETY NOT GUARANTEED. This is quite a leap, but Trevorrow is one of us. He wants to see a kick-ass dinosaur movie, too. Let's hope he pulls it off.
JURASSIC WORLD hits theaters July 12th, 2015.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Capone loved the pure joy of discovering the GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY!!! -- 74 total posts 74 posts
- Alex Kurtzman (as in Kurtzman and Orci) to direct the MUMMY reboot...yay?!! -- 282 total posts 17 posts
- International BIRDMAN Trailer Is Here!!! -- 142 total posts 13 posts
- Jeremy Talks GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, ANT-MAN And Comic Con With Kevin Feige! -- 299 total posts 12 posts
- Trailer for MUDBLOODS - Documentary About Real Life Muggle Quidditch Players! -- 106 total posts 9 posts
- Capone dances the line between loving Chadwick Boseman as James Brown and frustration with the rest of GET ON UP!!! -- 9 total posts 9 posts
- Harry says GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY is better than German Chocolate Cake & means it!!! -- 761 total posts 8 posts
- Disney Taking The Ol' Bait-And-Switch Route With Teaser For INTO THE WOODS! -- 104 total posts 7 posts
- First Poster for THE HATEFUL EIGHT Arrives, Confirming 2015 Release! -- 212 total posts 5 posts
- 5th Week of July 2014's PICKS & PEEKS: LYNCH - HERZOG - JAA - ARONOFSKY - KASDAN - WOODSTOCK!!! -- 344 total posts 4 posts