JURASSIC WORLD Pitch Trailer Suggests Living With Dinosaurs Would Kinda Suck!
Last night, we learned that the fourth installment of the JURASSIC PARK series will be called JURASSIC WORLD, leading everyone to speculate that this will be the film that finally gives the audience what they've wanted since the first movie: a full-on global dino crisis. Enough of this Isla Nublar shit; let's unleash these resurrected bad boys and girls on the public at large (and do it with a little more flair than the end of THE LOST WORLD).
That's the task before JURASSIC WORLD director Colin Trevorrow, who also co-wrote the screenplay with Derek Connolly. To get a taste of how this might go down, here's a two-years-old pitch trailer for JURASSIC WORLD back when another director was going to call the shots (the claim that this is for a scrapped video game is a cover). This reel was presented at last July's STAR WARS Celebration in Germany by concept artist Iain McCaig (creator of Darth Maul). According to McCaig, "it certainly got Steven interested in dinosaurs again." I'm generally not a fan of Spielberg getting back in the sequel business at this point in his career, but there's a part of me that would've loved to have seen him cut loose on a large-scale dino flick.
Instead we'll get a great big monster movie from young Mr. Trevorrow, whose only previous feature is the very small SAFETY NOT GUARANTEED. This is quite a leap, but Trevorrow is one of us. He wants to see a kick-ass dinosaur movie, too. Let's hope he pulls it off.
JURASSIC WORLD hits theaters July 12th, 2015.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- First Trailer for EDGE OF TOMORROW, Starring Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt! -- 392 total posts 136 posts
- BBCA Brings Forth New Images From 'The Time of the Doctor' - Matt Smith's Final Episode Of DOCTOR WHO!! -- 109 total posts 109 posts
- Peter Jackson Says Hobbitses Stalled His TINTIN Sequel - But... -- 94 total posts 94 posts
- First Images from Wally Pfister's TRANSCENDENCE! -- 87 total posts 87 posts
- Here's A Motion Comic Set Up For I, FRANKENSTEIN!! -- 75 total posts 75 posts
- Is Jason Clarke Our New John Connor? -- 264 total posts 71 posts
- Butters-centric SOUTH PARK Season Finale!! Final Wednesday SURVIVOR!! The Final CSI, MINDS, ARROW & TOMORROW PEOPLE Of 2013!! New MOB, MODERN, MIDDLE, NASHVILLE, SING OFF, BURNING LOVE, GIRL CODE, AHS, X, SOUP, PICKERS!! Whitford On KIMMEL!! Cumberbatch & Takei On CONAN!! Herc’s Wednesday TV Talkback!! -- 86 total posts 56 posts
- I'd watch Simon Pegg and Monty Python in ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING! -- 98 total posts 52 posts
- Samuel L. Jackson in Talks for David Yates' TARZAN! -- 146 total posts 51 posts
- THE PURGE 2 to be headed up by Frank Grillo! -- 70 total posts 42 posts