JURASSIC WORLD Pitch Trailer Suggests Living With Dinosaurs Would Kinda Suck!
Last night, we learned that the fourth installment of the JURASSIC PARK series will be called JURASSIC WORLD, leading everyone to speculate that this will be the film that finally gives the audience what they've wanted since the first movie: a full-on global dino crisis. Enough of this Isla Nublar shit; let's unleash these resurrected bad boys and girls on the public at large (and do it with a little more flair than the end of THE LOST WORLD).
That's the task before JURASSIC WORLD director Colin Trevorrow, who also co-wrote the screenplay with Derek Connolly. To get a taste of how this might go down, here's a two-years-old pitch trailer for JURASSIC WORLD back when another director was going to call the shots (the claim that this is for a scrapped video game is a cover). This reel was presented at last July's STAR WARS Celebration in Germany by concept artist Iain McCaig (creator of Darth Maul). According to McCaig, "it certainly got Steven interested in dinosaurs again." I'm generally not a fan of Spielberg getting back in the sequel business at this point in his career, but there's a part of me that would've loved to have seen him cut loose on a large-scale dino flick.
Instead we'll get a great big monster movie from young Mr. Trevorrow, whose only previous feature is the very small SAFETY NOT GUARANTEED. This is quite a leap, but Trevorrow is one of us. He wants to see a kick-ass dinosaur movie, too. Let's hope he pulls it off.
JURASSIC WORLD hits theaters July 12th, 2015.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Harry shares Day 1 of SXSW which stars Jon Favreau's utterly delicious CHEF!!! -- 130 total posts 130 posts
- Learn What Happens Next On HBO’s GAME OF THRONES!! -- 137 total posts 61 posts
- All 13 Season-Six Episodes Of CLONE WARS Land On Netflix!! Joan Jett On LETTERMAN!! Kenan Thompson On MEYERS!! TRAIN YOUR DRAGON On FX DOWNLOAD!! New HANNIBAL, FIVE-0, GRIMM, BLOODS, LAST MAN, NEIGHBORS, ELISTED, HOPE, BANSHEE, TREEHOUSE, GOLD & SMACKDOWN!! Herc’s Friday TV Talkback!! -- 88 total posts 54 posts
- Darker ZORRO Reboot Finds its Writer! -- 253 total posts 49 posts
- Fox Renews For Next Season THE MINDY PROJECT, THE FOLLOWING, BROOKLYN NINE-NINE And NEW GIRL!! -- 52 total posts 35 posts
- Quint eats up Jon Favreau's CHEF, opening night flick of SXSW 2014! -- 29 total posts 29 posts
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Chats Up BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER / ED WOOD Icon (And Hollywood Royalty) Juliet Landau!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 10pm PT / Sunday 1am ET!! -- 25 total posts 25 posts
- Lena Dunham Hosts SNL!! Sagan COSMOS Marathon On NGC!! New UNIVERSE, OUTRAGEOUS ACTS OF SCIENCE & BLACK SAILS!! SWAMP PAWN, RAISING WHITLEY, SCORNED, COPS & CRAZY HEARTS Finales!! Hallmark’s A RING BY SPRING!! Lifetime’s A TRIP TO BOUNTIFUL!! Herc’s Saturday TV Talkback!! -- 24 total posts 24 posts
- Karen Gillan has Night Terrors in this First OCULUS Clip! -- 21 total posts 21 posts
- New Trailer for Jim Jarmusch's ONLY LOVERS LEFT ALIVE! -- 19 total posts 19 posts