JURASSIC PARK 4 gets a release date and a new title!!
Papa Vinyard here, now here's a little somethin' for ya...
We have word, via The Wrap, that JURASSIC PARK 4 has been re-titled JURASSIC WORLD, and will be released on June 12th, 2015. Unless the plans change, it will be shot and exhibited in 3-D.
We know that Colin Trevorrow is lined up to direct, and that the plot will involve a working "Jurassic Park" (I guess this new title clues us in as to what it'll be called) that's filled with tourists when…something happens. No updates as to what actors will be served to the hungry dinos, or what the alleged "new" dominating species will be the most potent threat to our heroes this time around.
We were hearing grumblings that this was going to be more of a reboot than a true sequel, and this title confirms that. As corny and clunky as it sounds, the title does strike one as representing a bigger, badder version of JURASSIC PARK without any cash-grab, lesser-sequel implications. Not saying that's what it'll be. But it's good marketing.
Now it's time for Universal and Tevorrow to get some human faces onboard this thing so we can really get an idea of what we're in store for two years from now.
JURASSIC WORLD opens to the public on June 12th, 2015.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 76 total posts 76 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 115 total posts 38 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 277 total posts 21 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 517 total posts 20 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 35 total posts 12 posts
- This Week's Saturday Shorts: Parkour, Compliments, and Getting Pooped on! -- 14 total posts 8 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 23 total posts 5 posts
- AICN HORROR looks at PROXY! THE LASHMAN! 13 SINS! CAMP DREAD! ROULETTE! POSEIDON REX! CONFINE! DEATH DO US PART! PSYCHOPHONY: AN EXPERIMENT IN EVIL! MONSTERS TV Series! HOWLS! & WOLF CREEK 2! -- 13 total posts 5 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 219 total posts 5 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 333 total posts 4 posts