Disney Sets Out to Ruin the Theatrical Experience with iPad-Friendly Screenings of THE LITTLE MERMAID!
Hey guys! Horrorella here...
It looks like we can all thank Disney for the latest affront to movie-watching as we know it. They are currently unrolling a plan for an interactive theatrical screening of THE LITTLE MERMAID. Through the "Second Screen" experience, audience members are invited to download an app and bring their phones, tablets and whatever the hell else they want that has a brightly glowing screen and has no business at all in a theater and interact with the film through games, sing-alongs and a dozen other activities that will ensure that your child will never ever be trained to sit still and be quiet for 90 minutes straight.
The crazy thing is, the whole "Second Screen" thing doesn't sound like a completely terrible idea, in the right context. It sounds like it could be a fun addition to home theater viewing when your kid has popped in the Blu-ray for the 42nd time in a row and spends most of the runtime ignoring the movie anyway.
But I am a firm believer that phones, tablets, etc. have no place whatsoever in a theatrical setting, and I'm sure there's probably at least a few of you out there who agree with me. And I know this will inevitably kick off the argument of allowing these devices in specifically sanctioned theaters, but my stance is firmly that if you want to do that shit, do it at home.
Check out the trailer below. It shows a bit about what the app and the "Second Screen" experience will entail. What do you guys think?
Follow me on Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- We have the first trailer for THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 right here and it hints towards some pretty exciting things!! -- 582 total posts 582 posts
- Bryan Singer signals... the APOCALYPSE... X-MEN fans should be getting giddy! -- 280 total posts 280 posts
- So The MAN OF STEEL Sequel Has (At Least) A Third Superhero In It... -- 729 total posts 188 posts
- Universal Releases A Nice Tribute To Paul Walker... -- 100 total posts 100 posts
- LIFE OF PI Scribe David Magee to Pen New NARNIA Film! -- 98 total posts 98 posts
- Beatles' manager Brian Epstein to get his own flick, entitled THE FIFTH BEATLE! -- 120 total posts 93 posts
- Trailer and Release Date for NURSE 3D! -- 62 total posts 62 posts
- This New HOBBIT Production Diary Shows Us Laketown, Smaug Bits, And Table Tennis Playing Middle Earthers!! -- 52 total posts 52 posts
- WARCRAFT is getting its cast together! Adds Ben Foster, Dominic Cooper, Toby Kebbell, and more! -- 93 total posts 50 posts
- Joe Dante's Making A New Movie Called BURYING THE EX And You Can Be A Part Of It! -- 53 total posts 48 posts