Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO Gets A Sequel Already?
I just woke up a few minutes ago, so I haven't had time to gauge the response to Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO, which premiered at the Toronto Film Festival last night. Just from a general skimming of Twitter, it looks like it went over well; I haven't seen any responses from reviewers that I follow yet, but that will likely happen today. Considering the MPAA recently rated the violence of the piece "aberrant", I'm curious to see how many people Roth pisses off with this CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST riff. I think HOSTEL is a good movie, with more to say than apparent at first glance. I'm curious to see some behind-the-scenes footage of this one. It looks like Roth went all out.
And with the movie just premiering, it looks like a sequel is already in the works, according to Hollywood Reporter. That's as quick a sequel announcement as I've ever seen, and even though Roth will not be directing, he's given the reins to AFTERSHOCK director Nicolas Lopez. Lopez describes BEYOND THE GREEN INFERNO (title inspired by BEHIND THE GREEN DOOR, perhaps? Wouldn't surprise me) as being "a sequel in the tradition of ALIENS, where the creative team went bigger, darker and scarier into the unknown."
I hope THE GREEN INFERNO is a secret screening at Fantastic Fest so I can judge for myself, but a sequel is happening. We'll all know how Eli Roth's film is soon enough - THE GREEN INFERNO hopefully opens soon.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- 3rd PICKS & PEEKS of Sept 2014: Crichton Blus, THE PARTY, Bloody Entertainment, GODZILLA 3D & More!!! -- 113 total posts 113 posts
- Check out this MASSIVE new HOBBIT: BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES banner!! -- 243 total posts 88 posts
- Hold off, Aaron Cross: Matt Damon's back as Jason Bourne! -- 176 total posts 61 posts
- A New Poster For Christopher Nolan’s INTERSTELLAR!! -- 49 total posts 49 posts
- Behold The Cool(ish) IMAX Poster For DRACULA UNTOLD!! -- 40 total posts 40 posts
- SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE Hires 20-Year-Old Cast Member!! -- 68 total posts 37 posts
- Here come a remake that will really make you feel old - Sony is fast tracking a remake to I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER! -- 120 total posts 36 posts
- 2nd Sept 2014 PICKS & PEEKS Column: CAP 2, Pumpkinhead, Toho, Addams, Star Trek, Slashers, Comedy & Action+ -- 1780 total posts 27 posts
- Copernicus is really pissed about the Stephen Hawking biopic THE THEORY OF EVERYTHING that he saw at TIFF -- 133 total posts 23 posts
- Looks like they got the right Mann to play Audrey Griswald in the VACATION update! -- 104 total posts 22 posts