Live in Chicago? Capone has a limited number of seats to an early screening of INSIDIOUS: CHAPTER 2!!!
Hey everyone. Capone in Chicago here.
If you're a horror nut like many of us are, 2013 has been a pretty incredible year for those of us who love seeing top-notch actors (well known or not) put forth performances that elevate the scares by sheer virtue of the fact that we care a whole lot more about these people and their fates at the hands of whatever evil seeks to harm them. THE CONJURING typified that, and I feel so incredibly fortunate that just mere weeks after that James Wan-directed work was released that we get a second new Wan movie gracing screens. As the title might imply, INSIDIOUS: CHAPTER 2 is the sequel to Wan's wildly successful ghost story starring Patrick Wilson and Rose Byrne as a husband and wife whose family is tormented by, well, something spooky that seems to have latched onto Wilson's character from childhood.
The film opens next Friday, but I have a limited number of seats to an early Chicago screening of INSIDIOUS: CHAPTER 2 on Wednesday, September 11 at 7:00pm at a theater in downtown Chicago (the exact location will only be given to those who win ticets). Here's how to win…
Send me an email at Insidious2Chicago@aintitcoolmail.com (please note the new email address) with the subject line "This World & the Next" (exactly like that). In the body of the email, I need your Name, whether or not you're bringing any Guests (winners can bring one guest, whose names are not required), and the answer to the following question: "What is your favorite James Wan film and why?" The most interesting answers (as judged by me) will win, but if you pick SAW or THE CONJURING, your justification better stand out. Winners will hear from me soon.
Although this is not an exclusive Ain't It Cool screening, winners will have reserved seats until 30 minutes until showtime (or 6:30pm), at which time any unclaimed seats will be given away. So you should arrive early to make sure you get in and get a good seat. If you can't arrive early, don't enter this contest. If there's even the slightest chance you or your guest will have to back out of attending if you do win, don't enter. If you have a job that might make you late or unable to attend, or an ill/pregnant relative, or a temperamental significant other, or a scratchy throat, do not enter.
We've had way too many last-minute cancellations at recent screenings, so the 24-hour cancellation policy does not apply for this screening. If you enter this contest, win, and cancel or don't show up for ANY REASON, the black list will become your new best friend.
Good luck, everyone! And thanks to Film District and Entertainment One for giving us this fun screening.
-- Steve Prokopy
Follow Me On Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- There Will Soon Be No More Orci / Kurtzman Movies!?!? + One Of Them Is Pushing To Direct The Third JJVerse STAR TREK Film!! -- 417 total posts 80 posts
- BARBIE. The Movie. -- 165 total posts 35 posts
- UPDATED (21:55): Trailer taken down by IFC! The trailer for BOYHOOD takes us through a decade-plus of the life of young lead actor Ellan Coltrane! -- 42 total posts 34 posts
- They're going to have to look for another MIDNIGHT RIDER, because after that tragedy, William Hurt ain't stickin' around! -- 62 total posts 33 posts
- Tom Hardy (as twins) and Emily Browning to star in Brian Helgeland's gangster flick, LEGEND! -- 41 total posts 32 posts
- Check Out the Trailer for EJECTA - From PONTYPOOL Scribe Tony Burgess! -- 31 total posts 24 posts
- Mowgli to have friends like Scarlett Johansson and Lupita Nyong'o in Jon Favreau's JUNGLE BOOK! -- 59 total posts 23 posts
- "Where do you stand on Michael Buble?" "His windpipe?" Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon have more celebrity impressions up their sleeves in THE TRIP TO ITALY trailer! -- 43 total posts 21 posts
- The First Official BTS Shots From JURASSIC WORLD Are Here!! -- 85 total posts 17 posts
- Ron Howard will attempt to discover THE TRUTH ABOUT THE HARRY QUEBERT AFFAIR! -- 32 total posts 17 posts