Ice Cube confirmed to rejoin Jonah and Chan Chan on 22 JUMP STREET! Plus, more plot details!
Papa Vinyard here, and I got somethin' for ya...
Months ago, Collider broke the news that Ice Cube would be returning to holler at Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill in 22 JUMP STREET. Directors Chris Miller and Phil Lord also mentioned that Cube would have an "expanded role" in the sequel. Today, The Wrap has confirmed that casting, along with fleshing out the "duo goes to college" premise that we'd already been privy to.
In The Wrap's Jeff Sneider own words, the premise is as follows:
“22 Jump Street” follows officers Schmidt (Hill) and Jenko (Tatum) as they go deep undercover at a local college. But when Jenko meets a kindred spirit on the football team and Schmidt infiltrates the bohemian art major scene, they begin to question their partnership. In addition to cracking the case, the two freshmen must figure out if they can have a mature relationship like real men.
We also know that Kurt Russell's son, Wyatt, will be playing a jock alongside Tatum. If he can bring the ruckus 1/10th as good as his old man, we should be looking at another Dave Franco breakout situation when this thing comes out. Amber Stevens from TV's GREEK is on board, as well, as Hill's new love interest; what happened to Brie Larson?!
I'm not one of those who went crazy for the first one (my review here), and despite its energetic tone and occasional hilarity, nothing made me desperate to see another go around with Jenko and Schmidt. I'm glad that Lord and Miller are back, because I feel that the energy they injected into the first one was a big factor in that film's success, and I'm hoping that producer Neal H. Moritz gets the duo to crank up their set-pieces to even crazier lengths this time.
And I'm 100% with those who say that they should get Richard Greico to get in on the fun this time around. Not like he's too busy.
22 JUMP STREET goes in session on June 13th, 2014.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 280 total posts 255 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 219 total posts 175 posts
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of The First Jack Bauer 24 Adventure Since 2010!! Plus GAME OF THRONES, MAD MEN, HANNIBAL, AGENTS OF SHIELD, And More!! And The Return Of FX MOVIE DOWNLOAD Star Sasha Perl-Raver!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 109 total posts 109 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 233 total posts 90 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 566 total posts 43 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 189 total posts 32 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 115 total posts 25 posts
- REAL HISTORY OF SCIENCE FICTION Premiere!! The Return Of ORPHAN BLACK!! Hallmark’s A LESSON IN ROMANCE!! Lifetime’s A DAY LATE AND A DOLLAR SHORT!! Herc’s Saturday TV Talkback!! -- 14 total posts 14 posts
- ‘There Is Only One Hell!!’ Stannis, Davos, Melissandre, Varys, Bran, Hodor, Reek And The Bastard Of Bolton Return For Tonight’s Big Second GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 357 total posts 10 posts
- Check Out Thomas Haden Church in this Trailer for WHITEWASH! -- 66 total posts 10 posts