Official: UP LATE WITH ALEC BALDWIN Takes 10pm Friday Slot At MSNBC Next Month!!
He’s taking over a timeslot that was filled by Lawrence O’Donnell during election season and is currently filled by prison documentaries.
It’ll air live 7 p.m. here on the West Coast.
NEW YORK – September 5, 2013 – Award-winning actor, activist and philanthropist Alec Baldwin will join MSNBC as the host of a new weekly current events and culture talk show to air Fridays from 10-11 p.m. ET. “Up Late w/Alec Baldwin” will begin this October. The announcement was made today by Phil Griffin, President of MSNBC.
“After two seasons of my WNYC podcast, I’ve developed a fondness for hosting a show that involved talking with smart, talented and engaging people in every imaginable field,” said Baldwin. “I’m grateful to MSNBC for helping me bring a similar show to television.”
“I’ve been talking with Alec for a while and can’t wait to bring his personality and eclectic interests to MSNBC,” said Griffin. “He’s got such passion for ideas and what’s going on in the world - he’s going to be a great addition to our line-up.”
Baldwin is the winner of two Emmy Awards, three Golden Globe Awards, eight SAG Awards and a Television Critics Association Award for his role as Jack Donaghy on NBC’s “30 Rock.” He is one of Hollywood’s most charismatic and prolific actors, having appeared in over 40 films. Baldwin garnered raves for his performance in Martin Scorsese’s “The Departed” and a 2004 Academy Award nomination for his role in “The Cooler” opposite William H. Macy. Other film credits include “Beetlejuice,” “The Hunt for Red October,” “Glengarry Glen Ross,” “Dr. Seuss’ The Cat in the Hat,” “The Aviator,” “The Good Shepherd,” “It’s Complicated” and Woody Allen’s “To Rome with Love” and “Blue Jasmine.”
Baldwin has hosted the popular podcast “Here’s the Thing” on WNYC since 2011. On “Here’s the Thing,” Baldwin has interviewed a variety of public figures including politicians, policy makers, performers and artists, ranging from David Letterman to Dick Cavett to Republican political strategist Ed Rollins.
In addition to his dramatic credits, Baldwin has proven to be an adept and perennial host of NBC’s “Saturday Night Live” (with 16 hosting appearances to his credit).
Baldwin’s production company, El Dorado Pictures, has co-produced the Emmy-nominated miniseries “Nuremberg,” “The Confession” for Showtime and the feature film “State and Main.”
Among his many stage credits, Baldwin won acclaim and a Tony nomination for his work opposite Jessica Lange in “A Streetcar Named Desire,” which also garnered him an Emmy nomination for the television adaptation.
Baldwin co-hosted the 82nd Annual Academy Awards in 2010 with Steve Martin. In 2011, he received his Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. A dedicated supporter of public policy and the arts, Baldwin serves on the boards of the Roundabout Theatre Company, People For the American Way, the Hole in the Wall Gang Camp, Guild Hall of East Hampton and the New York Philharmonic.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Find Out How E.T. Nearly Killed Video Games In Trailer For Zak Penn's Documentary, ATARI: GAME OVER! -- 271 total posts 143 posts
- International Trailer and Clip for Australian Horror Film THE BABADOOK! -- 53 total posts 41 posts
- THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES Trailer Has Arrived! -- 563 total posts 41 posts
- 5th Week of July 2014's PICKS & PEEKS: LYNCH - HERZOG - JAA - ARONOFSKY - KASDAN - WOODSTOCK!!! -- 250 total posts 39 posts
- "Welcome to the Glade." New trailer for THE MAZE RUNNER! -- 43 total posts 24 posts
- Who has been offered the directing gig on Legendary's SKULL ISLAND!?! -- 244 total posts 19 posts
- Red Band Trailer for THE DEAD 2: INDIA! -- 30 total posts 17 posts
- Harry says GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY is better than German Chocolate Cake & means it!!! -- 720 total posts 15 posts
- Eva Green in Talks for Tim Burton's MISS PEREGRINE'S HOME FOR PECULIAR CHILDREN! -- 121 total posts 13 posts
- Trailer for THE LONGEST WEEK, Starring Jason Bateman, Billy Crudup and Olivia Wilde! -- 30 total posts 12 posts