Live in Chicago? Capone has many seats for an early screening of the acclaimed SHORT TERM 12!!!
Hey everyone. Capone in Chicago here.
At this year's SXSW Film Festival, I saw a film that I knew would be destined to be one of my favorites of the year, and so far, eight months in, that's still the case. It was a fragile yet life-affirming little movie called SHORT TERM 12 about the residents and counselors at a foster home for teenagers with behavioral difficulties. I know, uplifting, right? But it actually is, due in large part to the stars of the film, Brie Larson (THE SPECTACULAR NOW, 21 JUMP STREET), John Gallagher Jr. ("Newsroom") and relative newcomer Kaitlyn Dever ("Justified"), whose performance is nothing short of miraculous, bordering on terrifying. The film is front-loaded with laughter and tear, all thanks to second-time feature writer-director Destin Cretton, who worked in a place like this home when he was a younger man and brings his experiences and sense of truth telling to this devastating movie.
The film has won awards at several film festivals, as well as the hearts and minds of critics all over the country, and now it's time you check it out. Because I love this film so much, I'd like folks in the Chicago area to attend this early screening of SHORT TERM 12 on Tuesday, September 10 at 7pm at a theater in Chicago (the exact location will only be given to the winners). To win a pair of tickets (or just one, if that's all you want), send me an email at ShortTermChicago@aintitcoolmail.com (please note the new email address) with the subject line "Short Termer" (exactly like that). In the body of the email, I need your full Name, whether or not you're bringing a Guest (each winner may bring ONE confirmed guest--if I think you gave your +1 to someone trolling for free tickets at the theater, you won't get in), and the answer to the following question: "What is your favorite film featuring troubled teen(s)?" Keep your responses BRIEF--no more than 75 words (no matter how tempted you are to go over the limit). Best answers win, and you'll hear from me VERY SOON if you won, so check your email over the weekend!
Because this is not an exclusive Ain't It Cool News event, it is overbooked to guarantee a full house. Winners' seats will be held until 15 minutes before showtime (meaning 6:45pm), at which time any empty seats in our rows will be given away. So you should arrive early to make sure you get in and get a good seat. If you can't arrive early, don't enter this contest. If there's even the slightest chance you or your guest will have to back out of attending or arrive late if you do win, don't enter. If you have a job that might make you late or unable to attend, or an ill/pregnant relative, or a temperamental significant other, or a scratchy throat, do not enter. And the 24-hour-notice-to-cancel rule is done. If you win and don't show up, the Black List is your new best friend.
Good luck, everyone! And thanks to the Cinedigm for giving us this very cool screening.
-- Steve Prokopy
Follow Me On Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- SINISTER 2 Has Found its Director! -- 27 total posts 6 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 38 total posts 6 posts
- Check Out This Trailer for British Sci-Fi Film THE ANOMALY! -- 5 total posts 5 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 345 total posts 5 posts
- 3rd Official X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST trailer hits - and it is a big one!!! -- 518 total posts 3 posts
- New Images from Richard Linklater's BOYHOOD! -- 9 total posts 3 posts
- The first trailer for Clint Eastwood's JERSEY BOYS is here! -- 79 total posts 3 posts
- Nordling Reviews TRANSCENDENCE! -- 150 total posts 2 posts
- Here’s A Poster And Trailer For THE ROVER - Guy Pearce In A Post Apocalyptic Hell Down Under!! -- 50 total posts 1 post
- This nifty teaser for Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO hints at some freaky stuff going on in the Amazon! -- 91 total posts 1 post