Teaser poster and official title for TRANSFORMERS 4! They didn't go with TRANS4MERS!
Papa Vinyard here, and I got somethin' for ya...
Flags went up when Paramount registered a few potential titles for the new TRANSFORMERS movie, including LAST STAND (nice and original), APOCALYPSE, and FUTURE CAST, with the more extensive trademarking of AGE OF EXTINCTION catching the most eye-grabs. Well, Paramount has revealed the official title, via Yahoo, and it is…
TRANSFORMERS 4: AGE OF EXTINCTION!!!
This all but confirms the rumors that have been circulating for a while now, which is that Paramount and Michael Bay's big, bad move to reinvigorate this critically-slammed (but unbelievably successful) franchise is to introduce the Dinobots. Because, you know, the Dinobots turn into dinosaurs, and the dinosaurs are extinct…plus I'm pretty sure that the logo on the poster is meant to signify dug up fossils. Huge stretch or no?
The press release also emphasizes the heavy Chinese elements of the production, including shooting a portion of the film in China, hiring Chinese superstar Han Geng for a major role, and including a spattering of Chinese vehicles in the ranks of the Autobots/Decepticons. Makes sense, when you think about how crucial the Chinese box-office market is these days (and especially considering that *insert obligatory reference to* PACIFIC RIM made more money there than here, showing that they may like big-ass robot fights more than we do).
We aren't getting Shia or John Turturro in this one, but we are getting Mark Wahlberg, Stanley Tucci, Kelsey Grammer, T.J. Miller, Jack Reynor, Nicola Peltz and Titus Welliver.
I mean, I've learned my lesson not to get too excited for these films, but come on…Dinobots?
TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION meets the eye on June 27th, 2014.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Co-Director Anthony Russo Is Teasing, What, Exactly, Regarding CAPTAIN AMERICA 3?? -- 177 total posts 177 posts
- A biker gang, Gipsy Danger, and now Charlie Hunnam will command the KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND RABLE as King Arthur! -- 219 total posts 167 posts
- Martin Scorsese May Make A Film About One Of America's Greatest Bands! Gabba Gabba Hey! -- 206 total posts 99 posts
- A Few Promo Images From EXODUS: GODS AND KINGS Bring Ridleyish Spectacle!! -- 97 total posts 97 posts
- Is this what Doctor Doom looks like in Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR?! -- 83 total posts 83 posts
- Jeff Bridges’ Long Delayed SEVENTH SON Gets A Trailer, A Poster, And February!! -- 70 total posts 70 posts
- Warner Bros. is moving quickly on getting the Looney Tunes characters and ACME back on the big screen! -- 106 total posts 53 posts
- Two Clips From DOCTOR WHO S08E02: ‘Into the Dalek’!! -- 68 total posts 46 posts
- Our first look at the main character from Pixar's INSIDE OUT! -- 98 total posts 45 posts
- Here’s BBC’s Synopsis Of DOCTOR WHO S08E03: “Robots of Sherwood’ !! -- 43 total posts 43 posts