Teaser poster and official title for TRANSFORMERS 4! They didn't go with TRANS4MERS!
Papa Vinyard here, and I got somethin' for ya...
Flags went up when Paramount registered a few potential titles for the new TRANSFORMERS movie, including LAST STAND (nice and original), APOCALYPSE, and FUTURE CAST, with the more extensive trademarking of AGE OF EXTINCTION catching the most eye-grabs. Well, Paramount has revealed the official title, via Yahoo, and it is…
TRANSFORMERS 4: AGE OF EXTINCTION!!!
This all but confirms the rumors that have been circulating for a while now, which is that Paramount and Michael Bay's big, bad move to reinvigorate this critically-slammed (but unbelievably successful) franchise is to introduce the Dinobots. Because, you know, the Dinobots turn into dinosaurs, and the dinosaurs are extinct…plus I'm pretty sure that the logo on the poster is meant to signify dug up fossils. Huge stretch or no?
The press release also emphasizes the heavy Chinese elements of the production, including shooting a portion of the film in China, hiring Chinese superstar Han Geng for a major role, and including a spattering of Chinese vehicles in the ranks of the Autobots/Decepticons. Makes sense, when you think about how crucial the Chinese box-office market is these days (and especially considering that *insert obligatory reference to* PACIFIC RIM made more money there than here, showing that they may like big-ass robot fights more than we do).
We aren't getting Shia or John Turturro in this one, but we are getting Mark Wahlberg, Stanley Tucci, Kelsey Grammer, T.J. Miller, Jack Reynor, Nicola Peltz and Titus Welliver.
I mean, I've learned my lesson not to get too excited for these films, but come on…Dinobots?
TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION meets the eye on June 27th, 2014.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- SDCC '14: Quint talks about the surprisingly good 5-ish minutes of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles shown at the Con! -- 72 total posts 72 posts
- SDCC '14: Another snap of Batfleck from BATMAN V SUPERMAN! -- 296 total posts 68 posts
- Mark Hamill referred to his beard for STAR WARS: EPISODE VII as "contractually-obligated"!! Does that confirm what we've been hearing?? -- 243 total posts 58 posts
- FIFTY SHADES OF GREY Trailer Is Like Daaaaayuuuuuuum! -- 293 total posts 46 posts
- "This is a classic alternate reality situation...like FRINGE!" Get wet with the red-band trailer for HOT TUB TIME MACHINE 2! -- 96 total posts 43 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint has seen the new Interstellar trailer! Plus The Rock and Spongebob stuff! -- 36 total posts 36 posts
- The Bat Cowl from BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE is in the hall! -- 287 total posts 12 posts
- There's a new awesome filming location for STAR WARS 7!!! -- 243 total posts 10 posts
- Check Out this New Poster for HORNS! -- 36 total posts 9 posts
- Spierig Brothers to Write and Direct WINCHESTER for Hammer! -- 14 total posts 5 posts