Teaser poster and official title for TRANSFORMERS 4! They didn't go with TRANS4MERS!
Papa Vinyard here, and I got somethin' for ya...
Flags went up when Paramount registered a few potential titles for the new TRANSFORMERS movie, including LAST STAND (nice and original), APOCALYPSE, and FUTURE CAST, with the more extensive trademarking of AGE OF EXTINCTION catching the most eye-grabs. Well, Paramount has revealed the official title, via Yahoo, and it is…
TRANSFORMERS 4: AGE OF EXTINCTION!!!
This all but confirms the rumors that have been circulating for a while now, which is that Paramount and Michael Bay's big, bad move to reinvigorate this critically-slammed (but unbelievably successful) franchise is to introduce the Dinobots. Because, you know, the Dinobots turn into dinosaurs, and the dinosaurs are extinct…plus I'm pretty sure that the logo on the poster is meant to signify dug up fossils. Huge stretch or no?
The press release also emphasizes the heavy Chinese elements of the production, including shooting a portion of the film in China, hiring Chinese superstar Han Geng for a major role, and including a spattering of Chinese vehicles in the ranks of the Autobots/Decepticons. Makes sense, when you think about how crucial the Chinese box-office market is these days (and especially considering that *insert obligatory reference to* PACIFIC RIM made more money there than here, showing that they may like big-ass robot fights more than we do).
We aren't getting Shia or John Turturro in this one, but we are getting Mark Wahlberg, Stanley Tucci, Kelsey Grammer, T.J. Miller, Jack Reynor, Nicola Peltz and Titus Welliver.
I mean, I've learned my lesson not to get too excited for these films, but come on…Dinobots?
TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION meets the eye on June 27th, 2014.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- There Will Soon Be No More Orci / Kurtzman Movies!?!? + One Of Them Is Pushing To Direct The Third JJVerse STAR TREK Film!! -- 417 total posts 80 posts
- BARBIE. The Movie. -- 165 total posts 35 posts
- UPDATED (21:55): Trailer taken down by IFC! The trailer for BOYHOOD takes us through a decade-plus of the life of young lead actor Ellan Coltrane! -- 42 total posts 34 posts
- They're going to have to look for another MIDNIGHT RIDER, because after that tragedy, William Hurt ain't stickin' around! -- 62 total posts 33 posts
- Tom Hardy (as twins) and Emily Browning to star in Brian Helgeland's gangster flick, LEGEND! -- 41 total posts 32 posts
- Check Out the Trailer for EJECTA - From PONTYPOOL Scribe Tony Burgess! -- 31 total posts 24 posts
- Mowgli to have friends like Scarlett Johansson and Lupita Nyong'o in Jon Favreau's JUNGLE BOOK! -- 59 total posts 23 posts
- "Where do you stand on Michael Buble?" "His windpipe?" Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon have more celebrity impressions up their sleeves in THE TRIP TO ITALY trailer! -- 43 total posts 21 posts
- The First Official BTS Shots From JURASSIC WORLD Are Here!! -- 85 total posts 17 posts
- Ron Howard will attempt to discover THE TRUTH ABOUT THE HARRY QUEBERT AFFAIR! -- 32 total posts 17 posts