The Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day has twelve vacancies. Twelve cabins, twelve vacancies.
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scenes Pic!
One of the joys of digging through the more obscure movies of the '50s, '60s and '70s is really discovering how great Anthony Perkins was. Don't get me wrong, you can appreciate his work through the Psycho movies and his more well known geek films like The Black Hole. He was a fantastic actor, no doubt, and I found myself turn from an appreciator of his work to a straight up fanboy as I've slowly picked off movies from his filmography.
Films like The Tin Star and The Matchmaker and Pretty Poison have floored me over the last decade and I still have a few more to go before I've exhausted Mr. Perkins' work.
The BTS shot I have for you today features Mr. Perkins in his most famous role, but in a rather unusual light. Sure, that's Norman Bates in front of his mama's house, but this is a happier Norman who found love in a Suddenly Seymour kind of pro-bigomy alternate reality involving ladders.
So, enjoy the lovely picture and if you feel the urge, go dig up some of his lesser known work. Perkins shied away from mainstream movies post his huge Psycho success and as a result did some fascinating counter-culture flicks well worth seeing. Thanks a ton to Decaying Hollywood Mansions for the image!
If you have a behind the scenes shot you’d like to submit to this column, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tomorrow’s behind the scenes is born to kill.
I've got a lot of maintenance work to do on the previous BTS articles, but you can visit two pages worth of images (beware of some broken links thanks to the last server shift): Click here for Page One and Click here for Page Two!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- First look at footage from Genndy Tartakovsky's POPEYE! -- 164 total posts 64 posts
- Rejoice! DEADPOOL: THE MOVIE comin' to you in February 2016!! -- 167 total posts 30 posts
- Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR gets pushed back nearly two months, and knocks ASSASSIN'S CREED off the calendar! -- 112 total posts 21 posts
- Guy Ritchie brings a mermaid onto land to play his Guinevere in KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE: KING ARTHUR! -- 77 total posts 21 posts
- Here’s A Video Of STAR WARS EPISODE VII’s Millennium Falcon, Highlighting One Little Detail… -- 423 total posts 12 posts
- Another New (And Rather Cool) INTERSTELLAR Poster!! -- 203 total posts 8 posts
- Copernicus is really pissed about the Stephen Hawking biopic THE THEORY OF EVERYTHING that he saw at TIFF -- 166 total posts 7 posts
- Muldoon Happily Gets Lost in THE MAZE RUNNER! -- 35 total posts 7 posts
- This Poster For INSIDIOUS CHAPTER 3 Is Creepy And Requires Reading!! -- 65 total posts 5 posts
- Quint is surprisingly quite fond of Kevin Smith's TUSK! Fantastic Fest 2014! -- 5 total posts 5 posts