Bad news for Harry and Yoko’s sex life!
HBO just announced the adventures of Sookie Stackhouse and her vampire, werewolf and fairy friends will end with the series' seventh season next summer.
While “True Blood” is currently America’s second-most-watched pay cable series, it has recently lost a lot of audience and now trails its HBO sister “Game of Thrones” in the ratings.
Next summer’s final season will run 10 episodes.
For Immediate Release
HIT HBO SERIES TRUE BLOOD TO END RUN IN 2014
LOS ANGELES, Sept. 3, 2013 – The hit show TRUE BLOOD will end its run in 2014, it was announced today by Michael Lombardo, president, HBO Programming. Consisting of ten episodes, the previously announced seventh season will launch next summer.
“TRUE BLOOD has been nothing short of a defining show for HBO,” noted Lombardo. “Alan Ball took the books by Charlaine Harris, assembled a brilliant cast led by the magnificent Anna Paquin in the role of Sookie Stackhouse, and crafted a show that has taken its many devoted fans on an unforgettable journey. Alan passed the baton to Brian Buckner, who led our fantastic writers and crew in crafting a spectacular sixth season, and he will lead us through the seventh and final season of this amazing show. Together with its legions of fans, it will be hard to say goodbye to the residents of Bon Temps, but I look forward to what promises to be a fantastic final chapter of this incredible show.”
“From the moment I read Charlaine’s books, I thought there was potential for something really special,” says Alan Ball. “Then our amazing writers, cast and crew brought her world to life in a way that exceeded my wildest expectations. I’m deeply grateful to HBO for being true partners and collaborators, and, of course, to the viewers who chose to spend Sunday nights in Bon Temps with us.”
“I feel enormously proud to have been a part of the TRUE BLOOD family since the very beginning,” says Brian Buckner. “I guarantee that there’s not a more talented or harder-working cast and crew out there, and I’d like to extend a personal heartfelt thanks to them for their dedication and tenacity over the years, especially this past year, as I stepped into a larger role. Thank you also to HBO for their unwavering support and of course to Alan Ball, whose genius enabled all of us to share in this incredible journey. Finally, a huge thank you to the most passionate fans in television. As we take a final walk through Bon Temps together, we will do our very best to bring Sookie’s story to a close with heart, imagination and, of course, fun.”
Mixing romance, suspense, mystery and humor, TRUE BLOOD takes place in a world where vampires and humans co-exist, after vampires have come out of the coffin, thanks to the invention of mass-produced synthetic blood that means they no longer need humans as a nutritional source. The series follows waitress and part-faerie Sookie Stackhouse (Anna Paquin), who can hear people’s thoughts, vampire Bill Compton (Stephen Moyer) and vampire Eric Northman (Alexander Skarsgård). Alan Ball (creator of the Emmy®-winning HBO series “Six Feet Under”) created the show, which is based on the bestselling Sookie Stackhouse novels by Charlaine Harris.
The sixth season of TRUE BLOOD, which concluded last month, inspired critical raves, with the Boston Herald praising the show for “suspense, surprises and crackling dialogue,” while US Weekly noted that the show’s “cheeky humor and vivid imagination are still there to relish,” and the New York Post called it “bloody hilarious.” With an average gross audience of 10.6 million viewers per episode, the show remains one of HBO’s most popular series.
For more on the series, visit facebook.com/trueblood and twitter.com/TrueBloodHBO #trueblood
Season six credits: TRUE BLOOD was created by Alan Ball; based on the Sookie Stackhouse novels by Charlaine Harris; executive producers, Alan Ball, Brian Buckner, Gregg Fienberg and Alexander Woo; co-executive producer, Angela Robinson; supervising producer, Robin Veith; co-producers, Kate Barnow and Christina Jokanovich.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- 3rd Official X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST trailer hits - and it is a big one!!! -- 168 total posts 158 posts
- ‘A Gift From The Clairvoyant!!’ Patton Oswalt Joins Joss Whedon’s AGENTS OF SHIELD!! Seinfeld On PIONEERS OF TELEVISION!! The Returns Of NEW GIRL, AWKWARD & WIFE SWAP!! The Premiere Of FARGO!! Plus New BOY, STORAGE, SCHUMER, PERSON, TOSH, NCIS, GLEE, FIRE, CONTAINER, MINDY, DUSK, ORIGINALS, SUPERNATURAL & VOICE!! TEEN MOM Finale Special!! DANCE MOMS 100!! HARDCORE PAWN Finale!! Nathan Fillion & Tatiana Maslany on CONAN!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 135 total posts 29 posts
- Jaden Smith will dress like a girl to avoid slavery in THE GOOD LORD BIRD! -- 70 total posts 18 posts
- Everyone thinks Elizabeth Banks is a hooker in this red-band WALK OF SHAME trailer! -- 38 total posts 12 posts
- David Fincher wants more money to do his JOBS! -- 176 total posts 11 posts
- THE SIGNAL and V/H/S co-director David Bruckner to direct the found footage FRIDAY THE 13TH reboot?! -- 64 total posts 5 posts
- 3rd week of April 2014's PICKS & PEEKS: Welles,Wilder,Svankmajer, Mann,Jeong, Sirk,Trier & more!!! -- 108 total posts 5 posts
- The Composer For That BATMAN / SUPERMAN Movie Is… -- 227 total posts 5 posts
- Matthew Vaughn to get SUPERIOR to stay in the Mark Millar business for Fox! -- 20 total posts 4 posts
- Wanna see some location video from the filming of Guillermo del Toro's CRIMSON PEAK? -- 14 total posts 3 posts