Watch Uma Thurman get intense in this third clip from Lars Von Trier's NYMPHOMANIAC!
Papa Vinyard here, and I got somethin' for ya...
Has Lars Von Trier become a marketing genius? He's showing us our first glances at his omnibus film, NYMPHOMANIAC, through these small peeks at each chapter, and they've all been tantalizing so far. He previously released two clips from the film, the first one from the first chapter, and then a bit from the second one, and now we have a glimpse at the third segment of the film, entitled "Mrs. H".
Uma Thurman pops up here delivering an appropriately deranged, Lars Von Trier-y speech to her children about "daddy's favorite place" which she describes as "the whoring bed". She's clearly in the midst of a breakdown, presumably because of her husband's sexual indiscretions. Even while flinging a hearty dose of batshit crazy at her own kids, Ms. Thurman somehow still seems elegant and lovely. However, if the picture above is any indication, I have a bad feeling that the rest of the finished scene might change that perception.
Chapter 3: Mrs. H
Keeping track of a large network of lovers isn’t always easy, and Joe is soon confronted with the unpleasant consequences of being a nymphomaniac.
After all, you can’t make an omelet without breaking a few eggs.
NYMPHOMANIAC gets freaky sometime in 2014.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- DOCTOR WHO S08E05 ‘Time Heist’ Reader Reaction Begins Now!! + HornOrSilk’s ‘Domain Of The Voord’ Big Finish Audio Review, Synopses For Upcoming S8 Eps, And More!! UPDATE RE: UPCOMING UK TIME CHANGE!! -- 161 total posts 24 posts
- After writing Gareth Edwards' STAR WARS flick, Gary Whitta will move on to Mark Millar's STARLIGHT! -- 172 total posts 16 posts
- Papa Vinyard talks with Rose McGowan about her first project as a director and the DAWN Film Festival she's curating this week in downtown Los Angeles! -- 25 total posts 14 posts
- Capone says Kevin Smith's wonderfully grotesque TUSK falters when it tries too hard to be funny!!! -- 54 total posts 13 posts
- The Additions of Sam Elliott and DEADWOOD’s Garret Dillahunt Suggest That The Final Season Of JUSTIFIED Will Own Us All!! -- 28 total posts 9 posts
- CBS, The Only Network Without A Superhero Show, Just Ordered To Series Berlanti’s SUPERGIRL!! -- 55 total posts 9 posts
- Capone's Art-House Round-Up with THE DISAPPEARANCE OF ELEANOR RIGBY: THEM and Terry Gilliam's THE ZERO THEOREM!!! -- 22 total posts 8 posts
- First look at footage from Genndy Tartakovsky's POPEYE! -- 276 total posts 6 posts
- The GODZILLA Sequel Has A Writer!! -- 199 total posts 6 posts
- Fox, Home Of GOTHAM, Makes Pilot Commitment To Project Based On DC Comics’ LUCIFER!! -- 118 total posts 3 posts