Kurt Russell vs. Vin Diesel/The Rock?? Russell in talks to join FAST & FURIOUS 7!!
Papa Vinyard here, and I got somethin' for ya...
Remember that FAST 7 villain role that almost went to Denzel Washington? Well, according to Variety, we have another contender for the high-profile Universal gig, and it's Snake Burton motherfuckin' MacReady himself, Kurt Russell. He's currently in talks to join the 7th film in a minor capacity similar to the appearance by the certain tough-guy actor who popped up during the credits of FURIOUS 6, leading up to a full-blown baddie role in FAST 8.
If the EXPENDABLES can't have him, then the other big-name, big-budget action series will. I, for one, could not be more revved (*Nelson laugh*) for this development. If you don't count his subversive, fuck-up role in DEATH PROOF, my man Kurt's been off the action scene since friggin' 3000 MILES TO GRACELAND. I don't need to namedrop the reasons why Kurt is an action movie legend. But I will anyway.
ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK. THE THING. BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA. TANGO & CASH. TOMBSTONE. STARGATE. Like any of those flicks? Yeah, I thought so.
On top of his credentials as a badass, the dude can seriously throw down in the acting department. VANILLA SKY had Tom Cruise, Penelope Cruz, and Cameron Diaz at the height of their respective fame, and all I remember regarding acting in the reviews were calls for a Best Supporting Actor nod for Kurt (which, probably due to the film's mixed reception, he didn't get). It's one thing to get The Rock to join your franchise for an energy injection. It's a horse of a completely different (and WAY cooler) color to get KURT RUSSELL to hop on and join the fun.
Make this work. Universal/James Wan. You have gotten a bunch of us hook, line, & sinker onboard this series. Here's your chance to keep the momentum going.
And for those who still doubt Wan's ability to direct action, let me point you to this Instagrammed proof of his mastery in depicting vehicular mayhem.
Just a rap song or two away from the real thing, I'd imagine.
FAST & FURIOUS 7 will fling body oil and testosterone in equal measures on July 11th, 2014.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- THE HOBBIT: THERE AND BACK AGAIN Is Now Called... -- 173 total posts 173 posts
- There Will Soon Be No More Orci / Kurtzman Movies!?!? + One Of Them Is Pushing To Direct The Third JJVerse STAR TREK Film!! -- 438 total posts 101 posts
- Behold The Greatness Of IMAX's GODZILLA Poster!! -- 83 total posts 83 posts
- Meet Jon M. Chu's JEM AND THE HOLOGRAMS!! -- 45 total posts 45 posts
- BARBIE. The Movie. -- 174 total posts 44 posts
- They're going to have to look for another MIDNIGHT RIDER, because after that tragedy, William Hurt ain't stickin' around! -- 73 total posts 44 posts
- UPDATED (21:55): Trailer taken down by IFC! The trailer for BOYHOOD takes us through a decade-plus of the life of young lead actor Ellan Coltrane! -- 51 total posts 43 posts
- Tom Hardy (as twins) and Emily Browning to star in Brian Helgeland's gangster flick, LEGEND! -- 44 total posts 35 posts
- Check Out the Trailer for EJECTA - From PONTYPOOL Scribe Tony Burgess! -- 38 total posts 31 posts
- Mowgli to have friends like Scarlett Johansson and Lupita Nyong'o in Jon Favreau's JUNGLE BOOK! -- 65 total posts 29 posts