Kurt Russell vs. Vin Diesel/The Rock?? Russell in talks to join FAST & FURIOUS 7!!
Papa Vinyard here, and I got somethin' for ya...
Remember that FAST 7 villain role that almost went to Denzel Washington? Well, according to Variety, we have another contender for the high-profile Universal gig, and it's Snake Burton motherfuckin' MacReady himself, Kurt Russell. He's currently in talks to join the 7th film in a minor capacity similar to the appearance by the certain tough-guy actor who popped up during the credits of FURIOUS 6, leading up to a full-blown baddie role in FAST 8.
If the EXPENDABLES can't have him, then the other big-name, big-budget action series will. I, for one, could not be more revved (*Nelson laugh*) for this development. If you don't count his subversive, fuck-up role in DEATH PROOF, my man Kurt's been off the action scene since friggin' 3000 MILES TO GRACELAND. I don't need to namedrop the reasons why Kurt is an action movie legend. But I will anyway.
ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK. THE THING. BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA. TANGO & CASH. TOMBSTONE. STARGATE. Like any of those flicks? Yeah, I thought so.
On top of his credentials as a badass, the dude can seriously throw down in the acting department. VANILLA SKY had Tom Cruise, Penelope Cruz, and Cameron Diaz at the height of their respective fame, and all I remember regarding acting in the reviews were calls for a Best Supporting Actor nod for Kurt (which, probably due to the film's mixed reception, he didn't get). It's one thing to get The Rock to join your franchise for an energy injection. It's a horse of a completely different (and WAY cooler) color to get KURT RUSSELL to hop on and join the fun.
Make this work. Universal/James Wan. You have gotten a bunch of us hook, line, & sinker onboard this series. Here's your chance to keep the momentum going.
And for those who still doubt Wan's ability to direct action, let me point you to this Instagrammed proof of his mastery in depicting vehicular mayhem.
Just a rap song or two away from the real thing, I'd imagine.
FAST & FURIOUS 7 will fling body oil and testosterone in equal measures on July 11th, 2014.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Check Out Spidey and Electro in the First Clip from THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2! -- 116 total posts 116 posts
- Is one of these guys ready to play Dr. Victor Von Doom in Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR?! -- 231 total posts 100 posts
- ‘Nobody’s Interested In Your Texts!!’ President Barack Obama Takes On Zach Galifianakis BETWEEN TWO FERNS!! -- 112 total posts 77 posts
- Quint has seen Gareth Edwards and Legendary's Godzilla presentation at SXSW! Full on Kaiju badassery! -- 50 total posts 50 posts
- Jason Sudeikis to star as the Laker lovin', disguise wearin' Irwin "Fletch" Fletcher in FLETCH WON! -- 103 total posts 31 posts
- SXSW 2014: Nordling Reviews THE RAID 2: BERANDAL! -- 28 total posts 28 posts
- The Rock ‘Em, Sock ‘Em Badassity Of TITANFALL Is Now Upon Us!! -- 82 total posts 23 posts
- New Clip from CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER! -- 97 total posts 21 posts
- See The Flash's Full Costume For The New CW Show!! -- 86 total posts 20 posts
- ‘You Are Of SHIELD??’ THOR’s Hot Pal Sif Joins AGENTS!! The Premiere Of FROM DUSK TILL DAWN!! Plus New NEW GIRL, BOY, BROOKLYN, BACHELOR, BAD GIRLS, MIND GAMES, TROPHY, TOSH, ORIGINALS, GOLDBERGS, GLEE, RIZZOLI, PERCEPTION, KROLL, LIARS, COUGAR, FISHER, FIRE, CONTAINER, TEEN MOM, CAPONES & VOICE!! KING Finale!! Syfy’s MY BIG FAT GEEK WEDDING!! Lauren Cohan & Jeff Goldblum on CRAIG!! Rachel Maddow On SETH!! Ronald D. Moore On LAST CALL!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 135 total posts 17 posts