Kurt Russell vs. Vin Diesel/The Rock?? Russell in talks to join FAST & FURIOUS 7!!
Papa Vinyard here, and I got somethin' for ya...
Remember that FAST 7 villain role that almost went to Denzel Washington? Well, according to Variety, we have another contender for the high-profile Universal gig, and it's Snake Burton motherfuckin' MacReady himself, Kurt Russell. He's currently in talks to join the 7th film in a minor capacity similar to the appearance by the certain tough-guy actor who popped up during the credits of FURIOUS 6, leading up to a full-blown baddie role in FAST 8.
If the EXPENDABLES can't have him, then the other big-name, big-budget action series will. I, for one, could not be more revved (*Nelson laugh*) for this development. If you don't count his subversive, fuck-up role in DEATH PROOF, my man Kurt's been off the action scene since friggin' 3000 MILES TO GRACELAND. I don't need to namedrop the reasons why Kurt is an action movie legend. But I will anyway.
ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK. THE THING. BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA. TANGO & CASH. TOMBSTONE. STARGATE. Like any of those flicks? Yeah, I thought so.
On top of his credentials as a badass, the dude can seriously throw down in the acting department. VANILLA SKY had Tom Cruise, Penelope Cruz, and Cameron Diaz at the height of their respective fame, and all I remember regarding acting in the reviews were calls for a Best Supporting Actor nod for Kurt (which, probably due to the film's mixed reception, he didn't get). It's one thing to get The Rock to join your franchise for an energy injection. It's a horse of a completely different (and WAY cooler) color to get KURT RUSSELL to hop on and join the fun.
Make this work. Universal/James Wan. You have gotten a bunch of us hook, line, & sinker onboard this series. Here's your chance to keep the momentum going.
And for those who still doubt Wan's ability to direct action, let me point you to this Instagrammed proof of his mastery in depicting vehicular mayhem.
Just a rap song or two away from the real thing, I'd imagine.
FAST & FURIOUS 7 will fling body oil and testosterone in equal measures on July 11th, 2014.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Who has been offered the directing gig on Legendary's SKULL ISLAND!?! -- 158 total posts 134 posts
- THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES Trailer Has Arrived! -- 487 total posts 97 posts
- KILL BILL: THE WHOLE BLOODY AFFAIR to get a limited theatrical release in 2015?! -- 197 total posts 93 posts
- 5th Week of July 2014's PICKS & PEEKS: LYNCH - HERZOG - JAA - ARONOFSKY - KASDAN - WOODSTOCK!!! -- 49 total posts 49 posts
- Harry says GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY is better than German Chocolate Cake & means it!!! -- 650 total posts 48 posts
- George R.R. Martin Scales Back HBO Activity To Focus On Completing WINDS OF WINTER!! -- 82 total posts 36 posts
- Eva Green in Talks for Tim Burton's MISS PEREGRINE'S HOME FOR PECULIAR CHILDREN! -- 97 total posts 33 posts
- Help Robert Meyer Burnett And Mark A. Altman Kickstart A Series Revisitation Of Their Ode To Geekosity, FREE ENTERPRISE!! -- 26 total posts 25 posts
- Stern's TALENT!! New DRUNK, TYRANT, NATHAN, CARTER, GEAR, STORAGE, SHIPPING, LOSS, LITTLE, LIARS, MATADOR & PAINS!! WIFE SWAP & DEGRASSI Finales!! Chris Pratt & Judy Greer On LETTERMAN!! Maggie Gyllenhaal & Lee Pace On SETH!! Jamie Chung On CRAIG!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 21 total posts 21 posts
- Watch Quickly!! Some Test Footage From Tim Miller And Ryan Reynolds’ DEADPOOL Movie!! -- 164 total posts 19 posts