Kurt Russell vs. Vin Diesel/The Rock?? Russell in talks to join FAST & FURIOUS 7!!
Papa Vinyard here, and I got somethin' for ya...
Remember that FAST 7 villain role that almost went to Denzel Washington? Well, according to Variety, we have another contender for the high-profile Universal gig, and it's Snake Burton motherfuckin' MacReady himself, Kurt Russell. He's currently in talks to join the 7th film in a minor capacity similar to the appearance by the certain tough-guy actor who popped up during the credits of FURIOUS 6, leading up to a full-blown baddie role in FAST 8.
If the EXPENDABLES can't have him, then the other big-name, big-budget action series will. I, for one, could not be more revved (*Nelson laugh*) for this development. If you don't count his subversive, fuck-up role in DEATH PROOF, my man Kurt's been off the action scene since friggin' 3000 MILES TO GRACELAND. I don't need to namedrop the reasons why Kurt is an action movie legend. But I will anyway.
ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK. THE THING. BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA. TANGO & CASH. TOMBSTONE. STARGATE. Like any of those flicks? Yeah, I thought so.
On top of his credentials as a badass, the dude can seriously throw down in the acting department. VANILLA SKY had Tom Cruise, Penelope Cruz, and Cameron Diaz at the height of their respective fame, and all I remember regarding acting in the reviews were calls for a Best Supporting Actor nod for Kurt (which, probably due to the film's mixed reception, he didn't get). It's one thing to get The Rock to join your franchise for an energy injection. It's a horse of a completely different (and WAY cooler) color to get KURT RUSSELL to hop on and join the fun.
Make this work. Universal/James Wan. You have gotten a bunch of us hook, line, & sinker onboard this series. Here's your chance to keep the momentum going.
And for those who still doubt Wan's ability to direct action, let me point you to this Instagrammed proof of his mastery in depicting vehicular mayhem.
Just a rap song or two away from the real thing, I'd imagine.
FAST & FURIOUS 7 will fling body oil and testosterone in equal measures on July 11th, 2014.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 685 total posts 62 posts
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 406 total posts 40 posts
- WALKING DEAD!! BOARDWALK EMPIRE!! AGENTS OF SHIELD!! STAR WARS REBELS!! SOUTH PARK!! NEW GIRL!! HOMELAND!! GOTHAM!! FLASH!! SURVIVOR!! RESURRECTION!! PARENTHOOD!! BURGERS!! BLACKLIST!! BANG!! VOICE!! SLEEPY!! PERSON!! UTOPIA!! ANARCHY!! Z!! More Than 200 Autumn Premiere Dates!! -- 43 total posts 26 posts
- DOCTOR WHO 8.2!! ‘Kelvington’ Reviews This Weekend’s Episode And Says He’s Not Sure He Enjoys ‘What The Show Is Becoming’!! -- 360 total posts 25 posts
- A Few Promo Images From EXODUS: GODS AND KINGS Bring Ridleyish Spectacle!! -- 212 total posts 21 posts
- A New Clip From STAR WARS REBELS!! -- 15 total posts 15 posts
- Abortionist Killers On PBS!! HOUDINI Hits History!! Angie Returns To THE DOME!! New DALLAS, PARADISE, WOLF, WILD, MASTERCHEF, MODEL, NINJA, HOTEL, BEACH, & RAW!! PARTNERS & MISTRESSES Finales!! UNAUTHORIZED SAVED BY THE BELL STORY!! Annaleigh Ashford On CRAIG!! Herc’s Monday TV Talkback!! -- 13 total posts 13 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 360 total posts 13 posts
- Fantastic Fest 2014 Trailer Wave Part 2! -- 18 total posts 10 posts
- Is this what Doctor Doom looks like in Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR?! -- 318 total posts 9 posts