UPDATED WITH ROLE INFO!! Kathleen Turner to get her stupid on with Harry and Lloyd in DUMB AND DUMBER TO!!
Papa Vinyard here, and I got somethin' for ya...
Kathleen Turner is officially in Dumb an Dumber To. She plays Fraida Felcher--the legendary hose-hound from Cranston! #dumbto P— Farrelly Brothers (@farrellybros) August 30, 2013
That Farrelly Brothers tweet reveals that Turner will be playing the "John Deere letter"-writing Fraida Felcher, who, as the last film implied, had trysts with both Harry and Lloyd before Mary Swanson even entered the picture. Could she be the mother of both of their children? This just got pretty interesting...
ORIGINAL ARTICLE BELOW:
After 20 years, the DUMB & DUMBER Sequel, DUMB AND DUMBER TO, is finally getting in front of cameras, and now the production has its first non-returning cast member. Variety has just broke the news that everyone's favorite BODY HEAT exuding, rabbit-enamored SERIAL MOM, Kathleen Turner, has signed onto the project for an as-yet-unspecified role. She'll be joining Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels returning as Lloyd Christmas and Harry Dunne, but other than that, details of the film are still slim, other than that it will prominently feature their (estranged? long-lost?) children. Maybe Turner is playing one of the kids' moms?
Turner's been out of the spotlight for, well, a few years now. Other than a run on CALIFORNICATION, a supporting role in MARLEY & ME, and a voice appearance in MONSTER HOUSE, Ms. Turner hasn't been working regularly in mainstream stuff for over the past decade. She made a huge impression in her first performance for Lawrence Kasdan in BODY HEAT 30 years ago, we all fell for just her voice in WHO FRAMED ROGER RABBIT, and whoever doubts her talent for comedy, I point you to John Waters' aforementioned SERIAL MOM. The Farrelly's have gotten solid comic performances from Eva Mendes, Meryl Streep, Brett Farve, and even the mentally ill. I think it'll be a cakewalk for them to do something interesting with Turner.
Now, all it would take is news that they've done a massive re-write of HORRIBLE BOSSES' writers John Morris and Sean Anders' script, and I don't think I could be more excited for this film.
DUMB AND DUMBER TO is scheduled to start shooting next month for a release time sometime next year (my guess: late summer).
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Chats Up BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER / ED WOOD Icon (And Hollywood Royalty) Juliet Landau!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 10pm PT / Sunday 1am ET!! -- 356 total posts 329 posts
- ‘He’s Worse Than Anybody!!’ Sunday Brings HBO’s Season Finale Of TRUE DETECTIVE!! -- 14 total posts 14 posts
- ‘We Got Six Bullets!!’ Sunday Brings WALKING DEAD 4.13!! -- 9 total posts 9 posts
- Fox Renews For Next Season THE MINDY PROJECT, THE FOLLOWING, BROOKLYN NINE-NINE And NEW GIRL!! -- 61 total posts 7 posts
- Harry shares Day 1 of SXSW which stars Jon Favreau's utterly delicious CHEF!!! -- 136 total posts 7 posts
- Quint eats up Jon Favreau's CHEF, opening night flick of SXSW 2014! -- 34 total posts 6 posts
- Hercules Says RESURRECTION Is Easily The Best Broadcast Pilot Of The 2013-14 Season And ABC’s Best Pilot In Years!! -- 5 total posts 5 posts
- Darker ZORRO Reboot Finds its Writer! -- 257 total posts 4 posts
- Michael Fassbender makes experimental music from behind a giant papier-mache head in this trailer for FRANK! -- 57 total posts 4 posts
- Learn What Happens Next On HBO’s GAME OF THRONES!! -- 140 total posts 3 posts