UPDATED WITH ROLE INFO!! Kathleen Turner to get her stupid on with Harry and Lloyd in DUMB AND DUMBER TO!!
Papa Vinyard here, and I got somethin' for ya...
Kathleen Turner is officially in Dumb an Dumber To. She plays Fraida Felcher--the legendary hose-hound from Cranston! #dumbto P— Farrelly Brothers (@farrellybros) August 30, 2013
That Farrelly Brothers tweet reveals that Turner will be playing the "John Deere letter"-writing Fraida Felcher, who, as the last film implied, had trysts with both Harry and Lloyd before Mary Swanson even entered the picture. Could she be the mother of both of their children? This just got pretty interesting...
ORIGINAL ARTICLE BELOW:
After 20 years, the DUMB & DUMBER Sequel, DUMB AND DUMBER TO, is finally getting in front of cameras, and now the production has its first non-returning cast member. Variety has just broke the news that everyone's favorite BODY HEAT exuding, rabbit-enamored SERIAL MOM, Kathleen Turner, has signed onto the project for an as-yet-unspecified role. She'll be joining Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels returning as Lloyd Christmas and Harry Dunne, but other than that, details of the film are still slim, other than that it will prominently feature their (estranged? long-lost?) children. Maybe Turner is playing one of the kids' moms?
Turner's been out of the spotlight for, well, a few years now. Other than a run on CALIFORNICATION, a supporting role in MARLEY & ME, and a voice appearance in MONSTER HOUSE, Ms. Turner hasn't been working regularly in mainstream stuff for over the past decade. She made a huge impression in her first performance for Lawrence Kasdan in BODY HEAT 30 years ago, we all fell for just her voice in WHO FRAMED ROGER RABBIT, and whoever doubts her talent for comedy, I point you to John Waters' aforementioned SERIAL MOM. The Farrelly's have gotten solid comic performances from Eva Mendes, Meryl Streep, Brett Farve, and even the mentally ill. I think it'll be a cakewalk for them to do something interesting with Turner.
Now, all it would take is news that they've done a massive re-write of HORRIBLE BOSSES' writers John Morris and Sean Anders' script, and I don't think I could be more excited for this film.
DUMB AND DUMBER TO is scheduled to start shooting next month for a release time sometime next year (my guess: late summer).
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- A biker gang, Gipsy Danger, and now Charlie Hunnam will command the KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND RABLE as King Arthur! -- 174 total posts 122 posts
- Martin Scorsese May Make A Film About One Of America's Greatest Bands! Gabba Gabba Hey! -- 174 total posts 67 posts
- Warner Bros. is moving quickly on getting the Looney Tunes characters and ACME back on the big screen! -- 92 total posts 39 posts
- The first SAW returns to theaters this Halloween! -- 88 total posts 36 posts
- Two Clips From DOCTOR WHO S08E02: ‘Into the Dalek’!! -- 45 total posts 23 posts
- Character posters for Liam Hemsworth, Natalie Dormer, and more of the resistance from HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY! -- 74 total posts 21 posts
- Superman & Lois Lane get wet together!!! BATMAN VS SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE!!! -- 356 total posts 20 posts
- Our first look at the main character from Pixar's INSIDE OUT! -- 70 total posts 17 posts
- Harry Potter Gets Horny!! No, Really!! See, He Has HORNS!! -- 71 total posts 12 posts
- Capone examines how THE NOVEMBER MAN takes the weakest James Bond and makes him a killer spy!!! -- 249 total posts 12 posts