The TWILIGHT ZONE movie gets a screenwriter, and you've never heard of him!
Papa Vinyard here, and I got somethin' for ya...
Variety has broken the news that Joseph Kosinski's TWILIGHT ZONE project has gained some momentum in the form of a screenwriter hire. The guy that Kosinski, Warner Bros., and producer Leonardo DiCaprio got to pen the adaptation of one of the finest written properties in the history of television is…
Aron (Ari) Eli Coleite. He has a picture in development called THE END, but his resume primarily consists of TV credits on shows like CROSSING JORDAN, HEROES, and THE RIVER. He actually functioned in various producing capacities on HEROES for its entire run. Which is fine, I suppose, but obviously, a more tested writer scribing this film would put us ZONE fans more at ease. It's not like they can get Richard Matheson to write the movie or anything, but ZONE the series attracted famous sci-fi/fantasy writers all the way back in its first-run airing. You're telling me that Warner Bros. couldn't lock down any big names to play ball with their vision while injecting it with some provocative concepts and ominous-as-fuck imagery?
I'm still hoping for the best with this one, but a lot of us were keeping our fingers crossed for a totally showstopping screenwriter to jump on and give this update life, and Coleite isn't quite that guy. Let's see if he can do the job, and make us travel to that fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man...
By the way, if you haven't read Mitch Horowitz's essay on the continued relevance of TWILIGHT ZONE, you should check it out. Good stuff.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of Tomorrow's THE STRAIN, The Next HOMELAND, Fox’s GOTHAM, Showtime’s THE AFFAIR, ABC’s FOREVER, CBS’ SCORPION & MADAM SECRETARY, Scott Frank’s A WALK AMONG THE TOMBSTONES And The Latest MARVEL, DC & SNL News!! Plus The Return Of Horrorella!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 10pm PT / Sunday 1am ET!! -- 41 total posts 41 posts
- After writing Gareth Edwards' STAR WARS flick, Gary Whitta will move on to Mark Millar's STARLIGHT! -- 190 total posts 34 posts
- DOCTOR WHO S08E05 ‘Time Heist’ Reader Reaction Begins Now!! + HornOrSilk’s ‘Domain Of The Voord’ Big Finish Audio Review, Synopses For Upcoming S8 Eps, And More!! UPDATE RE: UPCOMING UK TIME CHANGE!! -- 167 total posts 30 posts
- The GODZILLA Sequel Has A Writer!! -- 219 total posts 26 posts
- Capone says Kevin Smith's wonderfully grotesque TUSK falters when it tries too hard to be funny!!! -- 67 total posts 26 posts
- Papa Vinyard talks with Rose McGowan about her first project as a director and the DAWN Film Festival she's curating this week in downtown Los Angeles! -- 36 total posts 25 posts
- CBS, The Only Network Without A Superhero Show, Just Ordered To Series Berlanti’s SUPERGIRL!! -- 68 total posts 22 posts
- Harry @ Fantastic Fest 2014: TUSK, REALITI, CUB, TALE OF PRINCESS KAGUYA, HIVE, MAN FROM RENO & FREE FALL! -- 15 total posts 14 posts
- Capone's Art-House Round-Up with THE DISAPPEARANCE OF ELEANOR RIGBY: THEM and Terry Gilliam's THE ZERO THEOREM!!! -- 26 total posts 12 posts
- The Additions of Sam Elliott and DEADWOOD’s Garret Dillahunt Suggest That The Final Season Of JUSTIFIED Will Own Us All!! -- 31 total posts 12 posts