Drafthouse Films picks up WHY DON'T YOU PLAY IN HELL?, "an action movie about the love of 35mm"!
Papa Vinyard here, and I got somethin' for ya...
According to ScreenDaily.com, Drafthouse Films' latest acquisition is the Japanese film WHY DON'T YOU PLAY IN HELL? by director Sion Sono (SUICIDE CLUB). That's Sono's quote about the film in the headline, and the film looks to be a blood-soaked homage to the world of cinema. Check out the Bruce Lee tracksuit-wearing dude in the trailer!
There seems to be a KILL BILL level of bloodletting going on here, a toothpaste commercial plays a huge part in the narrative, and there's a group of renegade filmmakers called the Fuck Bombers. I'm there. Another good buy from Tim League and the Drafthouse folks. Now let's wait for the word when it plays Fantastic Fest in a month.
WHY DON'T YOU PLAN IN HELL? breaks out the 9 mils and the 35mm at Venice (which starts next weekend) and will make its North American premiere at TIFF next month.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- The Bat Cowl from BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE is in the hall! -- 107 total posts 107 posts
- There's a new awesome filming location for STAR WARS 7!!! -- 97 total posts 97 posts
- Beginning of a flood of AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Comic Con Artwork?!?! -- 157 total posts 74 posts
- Marvel Debuts Special ANT-MAN Poster For Comic Con! -- 94 total posts 52 posts
- Behold The Blazing New Poster For THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES!! -- 198 total posts 34 posts
- Sony Says Fuck It, Announces Release Dates For THE SINISTER SIX And THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3! -- 328 total posts 33 posts
- Marvel sets one additional 2018 release date! -- 91 total posts 30 posts
- SDCC '14: Title logo for WARCRAFT! -- 38 total posts 27 posts
- EXPENDABLES 3 launches a ton of Comic Con posters! -- 87 total posts 26 posts
- He's not 007 anymore, but Pierce Brosnan is still kicking ass across Europe in the full trailer for THE NOVEMBER MAN! -- 71 total posts 22 posts