Drafthouse Films picks up WHY DON'T YOU PLAY IN HELL?, "an action movie about the love of 35mm"!
Papa Vinyard here, and I got somethin' for ya...
According to ScreenDaily.com, Drafthouse Films' latest acquisition is the Japanese film WHY DON'T YOU PLAY IN HELL? by director Sion Sono (SUICIDE CLUB). That's Sono's quote about the film in the headline, and the film looks to be a blood-soaked homage to the world of cinema. Check out the Bruce Lee tracksuit-wearing dude in the trailer!
There seems to be a KILL BILL level of bloodletting going on here, a toothpaste commercial plays a huge part in the narrative, and there's a group of renegade filmmakers called the Fuck Bombers. I'm there. Another good buy from Tim League and the Drafthouse folks. Now let's wait for the word when it plays Fantastic Fest in a month.
WHY DON'T YOU PLAN IN HELL? breaks out the 9 mils and the 35mm at Venice (which starts next weekend) and will make its North American premiere at TIFF next month.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Capone loved the pure joy of discovering the GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY!!! -- 467 total posts 7 posts
- EXCLUSIVE: Who's the voice of that stunning stinger character after the credits of GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY? -- 83 total posts 7 posts
- ‘Here, Baby Baby!!’ WALKING DEAD Walking Schmed!! Syfy Releases Promo For Z NATION!! -- 18 total posts 1 post
- Capone has details on and the full line-up for a new Chicago-area horror film festival presented by Mr. Bruce Campbell!!! -- 22 total posts 1 post
- Alex Kurtzman (as in Kurtzman and Orci) to direct the MUMMY reboot...yay?!! -- 299 total posts 1 post