From The Producer Of SPIDER-MAN: TURN OFF THE DARK Comes THE MARVEL EXPERIENCE!!
Spider-Man: Turn Off The Dark producer Michael Cohl will produce the Marvel Experience. Described as a “first-person superhero adventure” and set to debut next year, the $30 million themed production will feature dozens of Marvel characters combined with multimedia technology, original 3D animated movies and a 4D motion ride, all in a traveling dome complex the size of two football fields. The plan is to bring the Marvel Experience to two dozen cities around the US in 2014 with weeklong stays in each.
...says THIS piece at Deadline.
I still haven’t made it to New York City to check out SPIDER-MAN: TURN OFF THE DARK for myself, and my recent effort to review the BATMAN LIVE Arena Spectacular was scuttled when the show imploded on itself. This being the case, it’s hard for me to be entirely clear on whether or not this undertaking is a ‘good idea’ - it sounds like it may well be too enormous for its own good. I mean, TURN OF THE DARK faced no small portion of economic and technical challenges - legendarily so, in fact. And, well, even The Dark Knight and his DC friends couldn’t survive a large-scale traveling circuit (I hear that Batman show was pretty damn fun/good, by the way). Will the MARVEL EXPERIENCE outlined above - parked in 24 cities around the US for a week a piece (!?!?!?) fare better?
This said, having looked upon the wonder of ROGER WATERS: THE WALL LIVE, I’m convinced that mega-shows of this nature can be executed with tremendous class, invention, and relevance - and I’d love to see what the Marvel folks do with something like this. Perhaps there are sanguine lessons to be learned from the struggles of SPIDER-MAN and BATMAN? Perhaps this new MARVEL EXPERIENCE will be such a different beast that the cautionary tales posed by their journies won’t be relevant here?
It’ll be exciting, or at least interesting, to find out...
- Google +
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- There Will Soon Be No More Orci / Kurtzman Movies!?!? + One Of Them Is Pushing To Direct The Third JJVerse STAR TREK Film!! -- 420 total posts 83 posts
- THE HOBBIT: THERE AND BACK AGAIN Is Now Called... -- 46 total posts 46 posts
- BARBIE. The Movie. -- 168 total posts 38 posts
- They're going to have to look for another MIDNIGHT RIDER, because after that tragedy, William Hurt ain't stickin' around! -- 66 total posts 37 posts
- UPDATED (21:55): Trailer taken down by IFC! The trailer for BOYHOOD takes us through a decade-plus of the life of young lead actor Ellan Coltrane! -- 44 total posts 36 posts
- Tom Hardy (as twins) and Emily Browning to star in Brian Helgeland's gangster flick, LEGEND! -- 42 total posts 33 posts
- Behold The Greatness Of IMAX's GODZILLA Poster!! -- 26 total posts 26 posts
- Mowgli to have friends like Scarlett Johansson and Lupita Nyong'o in Jon Favreau's JUNGLE BOOK! -- 61 total posts 25 posts
- Check Out the Trailer for EJECTA - From PONTYPOOL Scribe Tony Burgess! -- 31 total posts 24 posts
- "Where do you stand on Michael Buble?" "His windpipe?" Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon have more celebrity impressions up their sleeves in THE TRIP TO ITALY trailer! -- 43 total posts 21 posts