Benedict Cumberbatch cumber-bounces out of Guillermo Del Toro's CRIMSON PEAK!
Papa Vinyard here, and I got somethin' for ya...
Bummer. We had thought that Sherlock Noonien Smaug himself, Benedict Cumberbatch, was lined up to play half of a rich couple opposite Jessica Chastain in Guillermo Del Toro's upcoming CRIMSON PEAK. Well, according to Variety, something or another has put the kibosh on that, and Cumberbatch has dropped out. We don't have a reason for his exit (more than one enthusiastic Twitterer has thrown it out there that he may have been locked down to take on the cowl for a certain Warner Bros. franchise), but whatever it is, it's a shame that the talented Brit won't be a part of this project. He's a super-talented, charismatic fellow, and I would've loved to have seen him play stuffy and evil in this haunted house-type flick.
GDT & co. have their work cut out for them in finding a replacement that is as fan-friendly and capable as Eggs Benedict Cumberbund. If those Batman grumblings are true, wouldn't it be a coup if they pulled a reverse, and got Bale to replace him? Are there even any British dudes that age as cool as those two?
CRIMSON PEAK starts shooting in February 2014, aiming for a release date in April 2015.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of The First Jack Bauer 24 Adventure Since 2010!! Plus GAME OF THRONES, MAD MEN, HANNIBAL, AGENTS OF SHIELD, And More!! And The Return Of FX MOVIE DOWNLOAD Star Sasha Perl-Raver!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 296 total posts 146 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 295 total posts 14 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 575 total posts 9 posts
- MTV Movie Awards drops an opening scene from X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST! And it rocks! -- 317 total posts 4 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 194 total posts 4 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 224 total posts 4 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 249 total posts 3 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 195 total posts 2 posts
- Stallone Talks EXPENDABLES Casting Approach!! Nicholson!?!? -- 288 total posts 2 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 117 total posts 2 posts