Benedict Cumberbatch cumber-bounces out of Guillermo Del Toro's CRIMSON PEAK!
Papa Vinyard here, and I got somethin' for ya...
Bummer. We had thought that Sherlock Noonien Smaug himself, Benedict Cumberbatch, was lined up to play half of a rich couple opposite Jessica Chastain in Guillermo Del Toro's upcoming CRIMSON PEAK. Well, according to Variety, something or another has put the kibosh on that, and Cumberbatch has dropped out. We don't have a reason for his exit (more than one enthusiastic Twitterer has thrown it out there that he may have been locked down to take on the cowl for a certain Warner Bros. franchise), but whatever it is, it's a shame that the talented Brit won't be a part of this project. He's a super-talented, charismatic fellow, and I would've loved to have seen him play stuffy and evil in this haunted house-type flick.
GDT & co. have their work cut out for them in finding a replacement that is as fan-friendly and capable as Eggs Benedict Cumberbund. If those Batman grumblings are true, wouldn't it be a coup if they pulled a reverse, and got Bale to replace him? Are there even any British dudes that age as cool as those two?
CRIMSON PEAK starts shooting in February 2014, aiming for a release date in April 2015.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 76 total posts 76 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 115 total posts 38 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 277 total posts 21 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 517 total posts 20 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 35 total posts 12 posts
- This Week's Saturday Shorts: Parkour, Compliments, and Getting Pooped on! -- 14 total posts 8 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 23 total posts 5 posts
- AICN HORROR looks at PROXY! THE LASHMAN! 13 SINS! CAMP DREAD! ROULETTE! POSEIDON REX! CONFINE! DEATH DO US PART! PSYCHOPHONY: AN EXPERIMENT IN EVIL! MONSTERS TV Series! HOWLS! & WOLF CREEK 2! -- 13 total posts 5 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 219 total posts 5 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 333 total posts 4 posts