First Poster for Terry Gilliam's THE ZERO THEOREM! Plus, a Statement on the Film from Gilliam Himself!
Hey guys! Horrorella here...
The first poster has arrived (via The Filmstage) for Terry Gilliam's upcoming film, THE ZERO THEOREM. The story is about a computer hacker (Christoph Waltz) searching for the meaning of life, while constantly suffering distractions courtesy of Management (Matt Damon). In true Gilliam fashion, the poster art makes the movie look equal parts visually stunning and completely bizarre.
Additionally, Gilliam has released his own personal statement on the film, which sort of comes down to a synopsis/statement of artistic intent:
When I made Brazil in 1984, I was trying to paint a picture of the world I thought we were living in then. The Zero Theorem is a glimpse of the world I think we are living in now. Pat Rushin’s script intrigued me with the many existential ideas he had incorporated into his funny, philosophic, and touching tale. For example: What gives meaning to our lives, brings us happiness? Can we ever be alone in our increasingly connected and constricted world? Is that world under control or simply chaotic? We’ve tried to make a film that is honest, funny, beautiful, and surprising; a simple film about a complex modern man waiting for a call to give meaning to his life; about inescapable relationships and the longing for love, full of quirky characters and sparkling performances; raising questions without offering obvious answers. Hopefully, it’s unlike any film you have seen recently; no zombies, no caped crusaders or alien spacecraft. Actually, I might have lied about that last item. Having not worked with a budget this small for several decades, I was forced to work fast and instinctively, pressured only by time and money. We relied on the freedom to spin on a dime, to make outrageous creative leaps. The results surprised even me. I’m proud to have been part of The Zero Theorem.
Consider me intrigued. The film is set to premiere at the Venice Film Festival in just a couple of weeks, and should hit theaters sometime later this fall. It co-stars Tilda Swinton, Peter Stormare, David Thewlis, Mélanie Thierry, Lucas Hedges and Ben Whishaw.
What do you guys think?
Follow me on Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Bryan Singer signals... the APOCALYPSE... X-MEN fans should be getting giddy! -- 337 total posts 44 posts
- We have the first trailer for THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 right here and it hints towards some pretty exciting things!! -- 616 total posts 21 posts
- The BBCs Confirm 'Time of the Doctor' DOCTOR WHO Christmas Special Transmit Times!! + New Promo Art And Pics!! -- 46 total posts 7 posts
- Fan Of The 2010 Paul Bettany Angry Angel Movie LEGION?? Syfy Just Ordered To Series The TV Version!! -- 28 total posts 5 posts
- Watch Tom Hiddleston sway with Tilda Swinton in this clip from ONLY LOVERS LEFT ALIVE! -- 18 total posts 4 posts
- Herc’s Seen Tonight’s First Two Episodes Of Frank Darabont’s New TNT Series MOB CITY!! -- 20 total posts 3 posts
- WARCRAFT is getting its cast together! Adds Ben Foster, Dominic Cooper, Toby Kebbell, and more! -- 96 total posts 3 posts
- Lars Von Trier's NYMPHOMANIAC Gets Two Release Dates! -- 50 total posts 3 posts
- Trailer and Release Date for NURSE 3D! -- 66 total posts 3 posts
- Universal Releases A Nice Tribute To Paul Walker... -- 103 total posts 3 posts