First Poster for Terry Gilliam's THE ZERO THEOREM! Plus, a Statement on the Film from Gilliam Himself!
Hey guys! Horrorella here...
The first poster has arrived (via The Filmstage) for Terry Gilliam's upcoming film, THE ZERO THEOREM. The story is about a computer hacker (Christoph Waltz) searching for the meaning of life, while constantly suffering distractions courtesy of Management (Matt Damon). In true Gilliam fashion, the poster art makes the movie look equal parts visually stunning and completely bizarre.
Additionally, Gilliam has released his own personal statement on the film, which sort of comes down to a synopsis/statement of artistic intent:
When I made Brazil in 1984, I was trying to paint a picture of the world I thought we were living in then. The Zero Theorem is a glimpse of the world I think we are living in now. Pat Rushin’s script intrigued me with the many existential ideas he had incorporated into his funny, philosophic, and touching tale. For example: What gives meaning to our lives, brings us happiness? Can we ever be alone in our increasingly connected and constricted world? Is that world under control or simply chaotic? We’ve tried to make a film that is honest, funny, beautiful, and surprising; a simple film about a complex modern man waiting for a call to give meaning to his life; about inescapable relationships and the longing for love, full of quirky characters and sparkling performances; raising questions without offering obvious answers. Hopefully, it’s unlike any film you have seen recently; no zombies, no caped crusaders or alien spacecraft. Actually, I might have lied about that last item. Having not worked with a budget this small for several decades, I was forced to work fast and instinctively, pressured only by time and money. We relied on the freedom to spin on a dime, to make outrageous creative leaps. The results surprised even me. I’m proud to have been part of The Zero Theorem.
Consider me intrigued. The film is set to premiere at the Venice Film Festival in just a couple of weeks, and should hit theaters sometime later this fall. It co-stars Tilda Swinton, Peter Stormare, David Thewlis, Mélanie Thierry, Lucas Hedges and Ben Whishaw.
What do you guys think?
Follow me on Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Alex Kurtzman (as in Kurtzman and Orci) to direct the MUMMY reboot...yay?!! -- 250 total posts 151 posts
- New Trailer For Christopher Nolan's INTERSTELLAR Is Here! Let's Light This Candle! -- 374 total posts 129 posts
- Jeremy Talks GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, ANT-MAN And Comic Con With Kevin Feige! -- 229 total posts 91 posts
- Trailer for NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM 3...yeah, you're welcome! -- 241 total posts 80 posts
- Rest In Peace Makeup Legend Dick Smith -- 72 total posts 72 posts
- HBO Greenlights New Class Warfare Miniseries From THE WIRE Mastermind David Simon!! -- 90 total posts 56 posts
- First Poster for THE HATEFUL EIGHT Arrives, Confirming 2015 Release! -- 176 total posts 53 posts
- NBC Hires A PILF To Play Peter Pan Opposite Walken’s Captain Hook!! -- 57 total posts 43 posts
- Disney Taking The Ol' Bait-And-Switch Route With Teaser For INTO THE WOODS! -- 40 total posts 40 posts
- New Images Invite You INTO THE WOODS! -- 65 total posts 27 posts