Wendy, you got a big surprise coming to you. Go check out The Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day and you'll see what I mean. Go check it out!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scenes Pic!
I want to start out today's column by giving all you regular readers a hand. The talkback for the last image, from Bogart's Dark Passage, really bowled me over. It was a real film discussion where everybody was excitedly sharing their childhood joys of discovering classic films and giving enthusiastic advice on movies to seek out. There was some smart-ass in there, but good natured smart-ass. It was a refreshing read. I wish much of the site's talkback would be as civil and geeky as they regularly are for this column. So, thank you all for sharing your unbridled movie geekery.
Today's image is from Stanley Kubrick's adaptation of Stephen King's The Shining. I've been going through a whole lot of old movie magazines recently (thanks to a generous donation from my buddy Matthew Kiernan-@HQ10 on Twitter-) and the amount of bile spewed on The Shining from supposedly big movie fan rags upon release is baffling. I mean, I knew it wasn't well-received, but actually reading these reviews and pre-release hit-pieces on the movie takes it to a whole other level.
I'm a big Stephen King fan and love the novel to death. I also love Kubrick's film. It's not the book, but to deny that it's a masterfully made horror film that gets under your skin with the very first frame and stays there for 2 hours just seems willfully ignorant to me.
Today's pic is a continuity polaroid taken during the filming of the sequence in which Jack Torrance is locked up in the food pantry. You can see Stanley hanging with Jack and the mess of peanut butter, crackers and oreos that he's been snacking on while incarcerated. This shot came from the great Shining fan site The Overlook Hotel, which is run by Toy Story 3 director Lee Unkrich. Enjoy!
If you have a behind the scenes shot you’d like to submit to this column, you can email me at email@example.com.
Tomorrow’s behind the scenes pic is killin' me, Smalls!
I've got a lot of maintenance work to do on the previous BTS articles, but you can visit two pages worth of images (beware of some broken links thanks to the last server shift): Click here for Page One and Click here for Page Two!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 335 total posts 335 posts
- Robin Williams May Return As Mrs. Doubtfire! -- 212 total posts 163 posts
- Nordling Reviews TRANSCENDENCE! -- 143 total posts 143 posts
- Who wants to see one of GODZILLA's opponents from the new film!?! (In toy form) -- 298 total posts 138 posts
- Set photos from the set of STAR WARS EPISODE VII in Abu Dhabi?! What's that big round disc they're rolling around?? -- 267 total posts 108 posts
- The first trailer for Clint Eastwood's JERSEY BOYS is here! -- 67 total posts 67 posts
- Denzel Washington Walks In The Middle Of The Street In THE EQUALIZER Teaser Poster! -- 92 total posts 62 posts
- There's some cross-promotion going on in the credits of AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2, and it's not hinting at what you think! -- 102 total posts 57 posts
- Here’s A Poster And Trailer For THE ROVER - Guy Pearce In A Post Apocalyptic Hell Down Under!! -- 47 total posts 47 posts
- Re-Revised X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST Casting Re-Adds A Mutant!! -- 163 total posts 44 posts