Wendy, you got a big surprise coming to you. Go check out The Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day and you'll see what I mean. Go check it out!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scenes Pic!
I want to start out today's column by giving all you regular readers a hand. The talkback for the last image, from Bogart's Dark Passage, really bowled me over. It was a real film discussion where everybody was excitedly sharing their childhood joys of discovering classic films and giving enthusiastic advice on movies to seek out. There was some smart-ass in there, but good natured smart-ass. It was a refreshing read. I wish much of the site's talkback would be as civil and geeky as they regularly are for this column. So, thank you all for sharing your unbridled movie geekery.
Today's image is from Stanley Kubrick's adaptation of Stephen King's The Shining. I've been going through a whole lot of old movie magazines recently (thanks to a generous donation from my buddy Matthew Kiernan-@HQ10 on Twitter-) and the amount of bile spewed on The Shining from supposedly big movie fan rags upon release is baffling. I mean, I knew it wasn't well-received, but actually reading these reviews and pre-release hit-pieces on the movie takes it to a whole other level.
I'm a big Stephen King fan and love the novel to death. I also love Kubrick's film. It's not the book, but to deny that it's a masterfully made horror film that gets under your skin with the very first frame and stays there for 2 hours just seems willfully ignorant to me.
Today's pic is a continuity polaroid taken during the filming of the sequence in which Jack Torrance is locked up in the food pantry. You can see Stanley hanging with Jack and the mess of peanut butter, crackers and oreos that he's been snacking on while incarcerated. This shot came from the great Shining fan site The Overlook Hotel, which is run by Toy Story 3 director Lee Unkrich. Enjoy!
If you have a behind the scenes shot you’d like to submit to this column, you can email me at email@example.com.
Tomorrow’s behind the scenes pic is killin' me, Smalls!
I've got a lot of maintenance work to do on the previous BTS articles, but you can visit two pages worth of images (beware of some broken links thanks to the last server shift): Click here for Page One and Click here for Page Two!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- And The Apparent Title Of The Next TERMINATOR Movie Is... -- 169 total posts 169 posts
- The Next STAR TREK!! Variety Says ATTACK THE BLOCK’s Joe Cornish Is Not Directing And Alex Kurtzman Is Not Writing!! -- 154 total posts 154 posts
- Disney can now make new Indiana Jones Movies!!! But what about Paramount? -- 527 total posts 57 posts
- Big SPOILERS for X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST and APOCALYPSE as new rumors suggest a familiar face will be playing the role of APOCALYPSE!! -- 475 total posts 48 posts
- Some Cool Images Preview The Upcoming Trailer From Tom Cruise's EDGE OF TOMORROW!! -- 48 total posts 48 posts
- Jerry Bruckheimer has returned to Paramount and Brett Ratner's BEVERLY HILLS COP IV is now on the way (again)! -- 232 total posts 23 posts
- Images From Matt Smith's Final DOCTOR WHO Episode - 'The Day of the Doctor'!! -- 20 total posts 20 posts
- The Annual Official Fake BUTT-NUMB-A-THON 15 List!!! Plus other things like STANDBY news! -- 193 total posts 9 posts
- Penultimate HOMELAND!! New BURGERS, SIMPSONS, GUY, DAD, MENTALIST, ONCE, REVENGE, BETRAYAL, TREME & SEX!! Mandela On 60 MINUTES!! AMAZING RACE Finale!! Last MENTALIST Of 2013!! BONNIE & CLYDE Premiere!! Herc's Sunday TV Talkback!! -- 38 total posts 8 posts
- Idris Elba On THE DAILY SHOW!! Ian McKellen On LETTERMAN!! Amy Adams On FALLON!! New RICK & MORTY, ALMOST HUMAN, CRYO, BROKE, MET, MOLLY, MOM, HOSTAGES, VOICE, MNF & RAW!! Herc’s Monday TV Talkback!! -- 7 total posts 7 posts