The bizarre Disney World-shot indie ESCAPE FROM TOMORROW somehow gets distribution!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. I've had the pleasure of seeing Escape From Tomorrow... well, maybe pleasure is the wrong word. Let's go with "opportunity." Yeah, I had the opportunity to see Escape From Tomorrow and would highly recommend seeking it out on a pure "fascinating project" level.
You've probably heard about this movie by now, but in case you haven't it's an arty black and white film shot guerilla style at Disney World and Disneyland. Normally that'd mean it might play some festivals and then disappear because the legal worries surrounding a movie like this are enormous. I'm sure they didn't get releases for everybody in the park on the days they were filming let alone permission from the famously litigious Mouse House. However we're kind of in a new Wild West of distribution with the advent of VOD and a bunch of smaller, ballsier distribution companies are willing to take risks.
That's exactly what Producers Distribution Agency is doing with Escape From Tomorrow, setting an October 11th release date (per Deadline) for New York's IFC Center and a day and date VOD release on iTunes, Amazon, Cable On Demand, Vudu, Xbox, Playstation and YouTube.
Good luck to 'em. I wouldn't exactly call it a good movie, but when shit gets weird, like the It's A Small World ride morphing into a nightmare for the despicable middle-aged lead who spends the movie lusting after French teenagers, then it turns into something altogether bizarre and interesting.
It's a weird movie to recommend because the acting isn't very good, the filmmaking is smell-your-farts pretentious and the narrative is muddled and confused, but there's something undeniably fascinating about how Randy Moore and his team put it together. It's certainly unique...
Check out the below clip which doesn't showcase the theme parks, but does show us our lead's pervy obsession with those two teenage French girls.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of INSIDE LLEWYN DAVIS, OUT OF THE FURNACE, FROZEN, NEBRASKA And The Latest WALKING DEAD And RETURNED, The First Big-Screen Wonder Woman and More!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 10pm PT / Sunday 1am ET!! -- 491 total posts 344 posts
- Disney can now make new Indiana Jones Movies!!! But what about Paramount? -- 461 total posts 92 posts
- The Annual Official Fake BUTT-NUMB-A-THON 15 List!!! Plus other things like STANDBY news! -- 184 total posts 70 posts
- Big SPOILERS for X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST and APOCALYPSE as new rumors suggest a familiar face will be playing the role of APOCALYPSE!! -- 420 total posts 69 posts
- Jerry Bruckheimer has returned to Paramount and Brett Ratner's BEVERLY HILLS COP IV is now on the way (again)! -- 208 total posts 32 posts
- Penultimate HOMELAND!! New BURGERS, SIMPSONS, GUY, DAD, MENTALIST, ONCE, REVENGE, BETRAYAL, TREME & SEX!! Mandela On 60 MINUTES!! AMAZING RACE Finale!! Last MENTALIST Of 2013!! BONNIE & CLYDE Premiere!! Herc's Sunday TV Talkback!! -- 24 total posts 24 posts
- The Friday Docback Rounds Up This Week's DOCTOR WHO News!! 50th Celebration, 'Time of the Doctor,' HornOrSilk Reviews 'The Assassination Games' Big Finish Audio, And More!! -- 66 total posts 19 posts
- Fox To Dabble In Shared X-MEN / FF Movieverse!?!? -- 215 total posts 17 posts
- SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES Writers Developing New TERMINATOR TV Series!! -- 94 total posts 16 posts
- Two More NYMPHOMANIAC Posters... -- 89 total posts 8 posts