The bizarre Disney World-shot indie ESCAPE FROM TOMORROW somehow gets distribution!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. I've had the pleasure of seeing Escape From Tomorrow... well, maybe pleasure is the wrong word. Let's go with "opportunity." Yeah, I had the opportunity to see Escape From Tomorrow and would highly recommend seeking it out on a pure "fascinating project" level.
You've probably heard about this movie by now, but in case you haven't it's an arty black and white film shot guerilla style at Disney World and Disneyland. Normally that'd mean it might play some festivals and then disappear because the legal worries surrounding a movie like this are enormous. I'm sure they didn't get releases for everybody in the park on the days they were filming let alone permission from the famously litigious Mouse House. However we're kind of in a new Wild West of distribution with the advent of VOD and a bunch of smaller, ballsier distribution companies are willing to take risks.
That's exactly what Producers Distribution Agency is doing with Escape From Tomorrow, setting an October 11th release date (per Deadline) for New York's IFC Center and a day and date VOD release on iTunes, Amazon, Cable On Demand, Vudu, Xbox, Playstation and YouTube.
Good luck to 'em. I wouldn't exactly call it a good movie, but when shit gets weird, like the It's A Small World ride morphing into a nightmare for the despicable middle-aged lead who spends the movie lusting after French teenagers, then it turns into something altogether bizarre and interesting.
It's a weird movie to recommend because the acting isn't very good, the filmmaking is smell-your-farts pretentious and the narrative is muddled and confused, but there's something undeniably fascinating about how Randy Moore and his team put it together. It's certainly unique...
Check out the below clip which doesn't showcase the theme parks, but does show us our lead's pervy obsession with those two teenage French girls.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Fox has hired a pair of writers to get a FLASH GORDON movie off the ground! -- 222 total posts 143 posts
- Today's STAR WARS: EPISODE VII Status Report: Casting "Almost Complete", Second Unit Shooting Underway! -- 310 total posts 54 posts
- IT'S A SMALL WORLD: THE MOVIE directed by Jon Turteltaub is a real thing Disney wants to make! -- 65 total posts 45 posts
- There Will Soon Be No More Orci / Kurtzman Movies!?!? + One Of Them Is Pushing To Direct The Third JJVerse STAR TREK Film!! -- 291 total posts 43 posts
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 386 total posts 29 posts
- ‘So Who Wants To Go First??’ Amy Acker Is The Cellist In Joss Whedon’s AGENTS OF SHIELD!! ELSEWHERE & ER On PIONEERS OF TELEVISION!! New AWKWARD, SWAP, BOY, STORAGE, SCHUMER, TOSH, GLEE, FIRE, MINDY, DUSK, ORIGINALS, SUPERNATURAL, FARGO, FISHER & VOICE!! CONTAINER Finale!! Don Rickles On KIMMEL!! Natalie Dormer On SETH!! Stephen Colbert On LETTERMAN!! Elizabeth Warren On THE DAILY SHOW!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 152 total posts 24 posts
Learn What’s Ahead
For GAME OF THRONES!! -- 41 total posts 19 posts
- 4th Week of April 2014's PICKS & PEEKS: SORCERER, GET CARTER, PAWNBROKER, Slasher horror & more!!! -- 128 total posts 17 posts
- A thief will elude capture using interstellar teleportation in Doug Liman's RAILHEAD! -- 25 total posts 15 posts
- Tina Fey and Amy Poehler's THE NEST is now set to take on Luke Skywalker and friends in December 2015! -- 34 total posts 12 posts