Has Patrick Wilson Pretty Much Confirmed The CONJURING Sequel Plot??
***SPOILER ALERT FOR THE FIRST CONJURING FILM ***
Those who saw James Wan’s rather excellent THE CONJURING a few months ago may recall that the film ends with an oblique tease that its lead investigators - played by Patrick Wilson and BATES MOTEL’s Vera Farmiga, might be headed off to investigate that famously haunted house in Amityville.
As we get closer and closer to the film’s sequel, however, it’s looking like this may not necessarily be the case. THIS report recently indicated that instead of Amityville, the CONJURING follow-up would instead focus on the ‘real life’ accounts of two allegedly possessed sisters in England.
In THIS discussion with ShockTillYouDrop, Wilson more or less confirms this scuttlebutt, indicating...
"Chad and Carey, the writers, they sort of let this cat out of the bag, so I'm just confirming their gossip, which is they were interested in a story in London, overseas, of some sisters that were possessed. I don't know, I haven't seen the script."
"I can imagine it won't be Amityville."
The article is quick to point out that the upcoming (apparently England-set) sequel could be used to further set up its lead characters’ ultimate investigation at Amityville - I suppose we’ll find out soon enough.
I am not a horror buff and not even a huge fan of suspense films, but I found THE CONJURING to be smart, sleek, impactful filmmaking which made me jump in a way few other films have lately. I do very much look forward to seeing further adventures/investigations of Wilson’s and Farmiga’s Ed and Lorraine Warren characters , but sincerely hope any follow up films will be as fully and carefully considered as the first one. It was a class act.
No word on whether Wan will return to direct this next film - while fingers are crossed, he is at the helm of FAST AND THE FURIOUS 7 so it’s unclear if or when he can circle around to more CONJURING (or whatever it’ll be called) antics.
It should be noted that a James Wan FAST & FURIOUS film is all kinds of badass. Can’t wait for that one...
- Google +
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Nordling Reviews THE GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL! -- 29 total posts 27 posts
- Idris Elba to voice a great, big, bloody Bengal tiger by the name of Shere Khan in Jon Favreau's JUNGLE BOOK! -- 39 total posts 13 posts
- "Just another Saturday night" Marv and company are back in the first trailer for SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR!! -- 155 total posts 13 posts
- Are You Primed For Optimus’ TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION Character Poster?? -- 156 total posts 11 posts
- A newly remastered 4K print of THE TEXAS CHAIN SAW MASSACRE is coming just in time for its 40th anniversary!! -- 35 total posts 10 posts
- Will the sun come out tomorrow!?! The first trailer for the remake of ANNIE is here! -- 541 total posts 9 posts
- Sam Raimi to produce an adaptation of THE LAST OF US!!! -- 112 total posts 8 posts
- SNOWPIERCER finally gets a U.S. release date in its full, un-Weinstened glory! -- 24 total posts 7 posts
- Behold DIVERGENT’s Nifty New IMAX Poster!! -- 64 total posts 7 posts
- New PARKS, PARENTHOOD, PORTLANDIA, COMMUNITY, ELEMENTARY, HALF, CRAZY, MILLERS, VIKINGS, VAMPIRE, REIGN, GREY’S, SCANDAL, NERDS, IDOL, RAKE, BOO BOO, SEAGAL!! The Returns Of SUITS & WONDERLAND!! Bob Mould On LETTERMAN!! Herc’s Thursday TV Talkback!! -- 22 total posts 7 posts