Watch an exclusive teaser clip for Vincenzo Natali's DARKNET panel this weekend at FanExpo
Hey Yo, Draven here.
AICN has an exclusive teaser for Vincenzo Natali’s new TV show, DARKNET. There will be a panel for the show this weekend at FanExpo in Toronto.
Toronto. August 14, 2013. Principal photography will wrap on August 16 on the Copperheart Entertainment produced Darknet, the Canadian horror anthology web and television series designed for the 21st century internet mindset. Darknet is adapted from the cult Japanese television series, Tori Hada, by Vincenzo Natali (Haunter, Splice, Cube) and Steven Hoban (Haunter, Splice, Black Christmas, Ginger Snaps). Darknet is an experimental hybrid web and television series in which fans will be able to contribute their own scripts and even upload fully completed segments to the web after the first six prototype episodes have been unleashed on the world this fall.
The pilot episode of the series goes online in September at www.superchannel.ca and www.darknetfiles.com, followed by a broadcast premiere of the series in early 2014. To launch Darknet, Rue Morgue Magazine will host a panel on August 24, 2013, 11:15 AM in Room 703 at Toronto Fan Expo (Festival of Fear), featuring Executive Producers/Directors Vincenzo Natali and Steven Hoban, Director Rodrigo Gudiño, and cast David Hewlett and Michelle Alexander. At that time there will be a sneak peak of the first Darknet trailer.
The prototype season of Darknet consists of six episodes that weave together bite-sized servings of urban horror. These episodes will appear exclusively in Canada on Super Channel, and segments will be made available to fans at the Super Channel and Darknet websites. Darknet offers snippets of people’s lives being interrupted by vivid instances of unexpected violence or shocking strangeness. Shot in a visceral style that cranks up the creep factor, viewers become part of the Darknet, a mysterious closed network of disturbing imagery and stories that exist just under the surface of our ordered and safe society.
Darknet is directed by Natali, Hoban (making his directorial debut), Brett Sullivan (Orphan Black, Gingersnaps 2: Unleashed), Rodrigo Gudiño (The Last Will and Testament of Rosalind Leigh) and newcomers Anthony Scott Burns and Jeremy Ball. The writers are Natali, Pascal Trottier, Doug Taylor (Splice), James Kee, Randall Cole (388 Arletta Ave) and Sarah Larsen. Darknet is executive produced by Vincenzo Natali and Steven Hoban, producers are Jensenne Roculan, Mark Smith (Haunter, 388 Arletta Ave), Paul Rapovski (Lost Girl) and supervising producer Kana Koido.
Copperheart Entertainment is a Toronto-based film and television production company that has produced a diverse body of work including the 2005 Oscar® winning computer animated short, Ryan; the world’s first Imax 3D animated film, Cyberworld; the popular Ginger Snaps feature films; the remake of the 70s horror classic Black Christmas; the Warner Brothers’ released science-fiction thriller Splice directed by Vincenzo Natali, and most recently the ghost thriller, Haunter (in theatres on October 19), starring Abigail Breslin and the much anticipated action thriller ,Wolves, directed by David Hayter.
About Super Channel
Super Channel is Canada’s only national English pay television network, consisting of four HD channels, four SD channels, and Super Channel On Demand. Super Channel’s vision is to expand the Canadian premium TV experience by offering a broad range of fresh, entertaining movies, series, documentaries and fights. Super Channel is owned by Allarco Entertainment 2008 Inc., an Edmonton-based media company. Super Channel is currently available on BellTV, Shaw Direct, Rogers Anyplace TV, Shaw Cable, Cogeco Cable, Access Communications, Bell Alliant TV, Source Cable, SaskTel, MTS, Novus, Eastlink, TELUS and other regional providers. Darknet is produced with the financial participation of Super Channel, Bell Media Fund, and the Canada Media Fund.
Follow me on Twitter here!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- The GODZILLA Sequel Has A Writer!! -- 191 total posts 191 posts
- First look at footage from Genndy Tartakovsky's POPEYE! -- 270 total posts 169 posts
- After writing Gareth Edwards' STAR WARS flick, Gary Whitta will move on to Mark Millar's STARLIGHT! -- 153 total posts 153 posts
- DOCTOR WHO S08E05 ‘Time Heist’ Reader Reaction Begins Now!! + HornOrSilk’s ‘Domain Of The Voord’ Big Finish Audio Review, Synopses For Upcoming S8 Eps, And More!! UPDATE RE: UPCOMING UK TIME CHANGE!! -- 137 total posts 137 posts
- Rejoice! DEADPOOL: THE MOVIE comin' to you in February 2016!! -- 273 total posts 135 posts
- Quint is surprisingly quite fond of Kevin Smith's TUSK! Fantastic Fest 2014! -- 77 total posts 77 posts
- Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR gets pushed back nearly two months, and knocks ASSASSIN'S CREED off the calendar! -- 163 total posts 72 posts
- Gaze Upon the Trailer for Tim Burton's BIG EYES! -- 65 total posts 65 posts
- Guy Ritchie brings a mermaid onto land to play his Guinevere in KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE: KING ARTHUR! -- 116 total posts 60 posts
- CBS, The Only Network Without A Superhero Show, Just Ordered To Series Berlanti’s SUPERGIRL!! -- 41 total posts 41 posts