What's Next, Houston? YOU'RE NEXT! Next Thursday! See How!
Yeah, I love YOU'RE NEXT. Wanna fight about it? It's one of my favorite horror films of the year, and I love how entertaining this is. I love how the movie practically switches genres in the middle, and with the right audience, I think horror fans will really embrace it. Sharni Vinson gives a performance like Jamie Lee Curtis or Neve Campbell, but between you and me, I think she can take 'em. Adam Wingard has made a crowd-pleasing horror movie, and I'm excited to see it again.
And next Thursday, I get to, with a bunch of Houston fans in tow! I'm screening YOU'RE NEXT on Thursday, August 22, at the Alamo Drafthouse Vintage Park. I get to fill the theater, so I need 121 people to join me for some great scary fun! Just send me your name and the name of your guest to firstname.lastname@example.org with the heading I Wanna Be Next! To win, just give me your most elaborate survival techniques in case your home gets invaded. Yes, this is Texas, so I expect I'll get a bunch of people sending emails with "SHOOT 'EM IN THE FACE!" but I want you to be more clever than that. Winners get to see YOU'RE NEXT for free next Thursday.
If for whatever reason you win and you can't make it, you must let me know no later than Thursday morning, 8:00 AM. Those that win and don't notify me and then not show up, guess what? You'll never be next again, not with a movie I'm hosting. Yes, I do keep a list. Also, this is an Alamo Drafthouse we're screening YOU'RE NEXT at, so entry is free, but food and drink are not. Still, you can chill with a beer and watch one of the most enjoyable movies of the year, so it's worth the price of a drink! You and a guest can come, just list their name along with yours in the email. No more than one guest per person, and sorry, but no kids. Leave the rugrats at home.
Good luck and hope to see many of you next Thursday!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- THE HOBBIT: THERE AND BACK AGAIN Is Now Called... -- 173 total posts 173 posts
- There Will Soon Be No More Orci / Kurtzman Movies!?!? + One Of Them Is Pushing To Direct The Third JJVerse STAR TREK Film!! -- 438 total posts 101 posts
- Behold The Greatness Of IMAX's GODZILLA Poster!! -- 83 total posts 83 posts
- Meet Jon M. Chu's JEM AND THE HOLOGRAMS!! -- 45 total posts 45 posts
- BARBIE. The Movie. -- 174 total posts 44 posts
- They're going to have to look for another MIDNIGHT RIDER, because after that tragedy, William Hurt ain't stickin' around! -- 73 total posts 44 posts
- UPDATED (21:55): Trailer taken down by IFC! The trailer for BOYHOOD takes us through a decade-plus of the life of young lead actor Ellan Coltrane! -- 51 total posts 43 posts
- Tom Hardy (as twins) and Emily Browning to star in Brian Helgeland's gangster flick, LEGEND! -- 44 total posts 35 posts
- Check Out the Trailer for EJECTA - From PONTYPOOL Scribe Tony Burgess! -- 38 total posts 31 posts
- Mowgli to have friends like Scarlett Johansson and Lupita Nyong'o in Jon Favreau's JUNGLE BOOK! -- 65 total posts 29 posts