What's Next, Houston? YOU'RE NEXT! Next Thursday! See How!
Yeah, I love YOU'RE NEXT. Wanna fight about it? It's one of my favorite horror films of the year, and I love how entertaining this is. I love how the movie practically switches genres in the middle, and with the right audience, I think horror fans will really embrace it. Sharni Vinson gives a performance like Jamie Lee Curtis or Neve Campbell, but between you and me, I think she can take 'em. Adam Wingard has made a crowd-pleasing horror movie, and I'm excited to see it again.
And next Thursday, I get to, with a bunch of Houston fans in tow! I'm screening YOU'RE NEXT on Thursday, August 22, at the Alamo Drafthouse Vintage Park. I get to fill the theater, so I need 121 people to join me for some great scary fun! Just send me your name and the name of your guest to email@example.com with the heading I Wanna Be Next! To win, just give me your most elaborate survival techniques in case your home gets invaded. Yes, this is Texas, so I expect I'll get a bunch of people sending emails with "SHOOT 'EM IN THE FACE!" but I want you to be more clever than that. Winners get to see YOU'RE NEXT for free next Thursday.
If for whatever reason you win and you can't make it, you must let me know no later than Thursday morning, 8:00 AM. Those that win and don't notify me and then not show up, guess what? You'll never be next again, not with a movie I'm hosting. Yes, I do keep a list. Also, this is an Alamo Drafthouse we're screening YOU'RE NEXT at, so entry is free, but food and drink are not. Still, you can chill with a beer and watch one of the most enjoyable movies of the year, so it's worth the price of a drink! You and a guest can come, just list their name along with yours in the email. No more than one guest per person, and sorry, but no kids. Leave the rugrats at home.
Good luck and hope to see many of you next Thursday!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- A New And Nice Clip From Darren Aronofsky’s NOAH!! + Emma Watson Introduces A New Trailer!! -- 111 total posts 111 posts
- ‘You Are Of SHIELD??’ THOR’s Hot Pal Sif Joins AGENTS!! The Premiere Of FROM DUSK TILL DAWN!! Plus New NEW GIRL, BOY, BROOKLYN, BACHELOR, BAD GIRLS, MIND GAMES, TROPHY, TOSH, ORIGINALS, GOLDBERGS, GLEE, RIZZOLI, PERCEPTION, KROLL, LIARS, COUGAR, FISHER, FIRE, CONTAINER, TEEN MOM, CAPONES & VOICE!! KING Finale!! Syfy’s MY BIG FAT GEEK WEDDING!! Lauren Cohan & Jeff Goldblum on CRAIG!! Rachel Maddow On SETH!! Ronald D. Moore On LAST CALL!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 99 total posts 99 posts
- Li Bingbing Looks Mighty Stern In Her TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION Character Poster!! -- 89 total posts 89 posts
- Is one of these guys ready to play Dr. Victor Von Doom in Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR?! -- 65 total posts 65 posts
- New Clip from CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER! -- 61 total posts 61 posts
- See The Flash's Full Costume For The New CW Show!! -- 60 total posts 60 posts
- Jason Sudeikis to star as the Laker lovin', disguise wearin' Irwin "Fletch" Fletcher in FLETCH WON! -- 60 total posts 60 posts
- The Rock ‘Em, Sock ‘Em Badassity Of TITANFALL Is Now Upon Us!! -- 55 total posts 55 posts
- Harry shares Day 1 of SXSW which stars Jon Favreau's utterly delicious CHEF!!! -- 340 total posts 46 posts
- Herc Is Underwhelmed By Cuaron’s Bad Robot Pilot BELIEVE!! -- 60 total posts 38 posts